Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 267 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Maybe it should say “don’t try to make a living off black people being killed”

It actually applies to both...
    What???
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    That is a good slogan for the police. One day maybe they will stop doing that.
    It applies to Kaep too....maybe one day, Oh never mind he tried to comeback but...

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    What???
    Kaep is only interested in building a brand for himself. He much like these police are making a living on the back of black men being killed.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It seems the people who want to make it abundantly clear that it's not all police that are bad and we shouldn't judge them all on some of their actions are the first people to vilify the entire protests because some of them loot.

Does the same logic apply or not? If you can't separate the majority of the people who are protesting for a just reason from the bad ones, why would you expect people to be able to separate the majority of the cops who are good from the bad ones?
    Except I wasn't villifying the entire protest because of the acts of a few, I was villifying the few who either took advantage or took it too far......just like I don't villify all cops because of the acts of a few. Why shouldn't people be able to separate the good from the bad?! Gee, I dislike spinach. I shouldn't like ANY vegetables because I'm not able to separate the good from the bad.

But, now I've fallen into the same trap we talked about earlier......the protest and our discussion is taking the focus off the incident and the man who unjustly died.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

If someone feels threatened, I fail to see how calling the cops is a bad idea. You can react in a lot of ways. The mcmichaels deserved a beat down but Abery was out matched given they had guns. The dude in the park deserved a beat down, but I’m assuming the woman was outmatched. One decided to use violence and was unfortunately killed. She called the cops and has to deal with social media. I think in terms of outcomes, she made out over Abery.
    Well you used the knowledge the McMichael’s didn’t want to kill Ahmaud in your analysis there, so why not do the same here. The man did not mean her or her dog any harm.

Also, you detailed every single action in the Ahmaud and in this one you want to generalize. She vastly exaggerated the threat level with her theatrics on the phone.

Additionally, she had to deal with social media, lost her job, lost her dog, etc. The impact on her life was substantial.

Hopefully you agree there was a way she could have acted that would have prevented all that from occurring.

This is why they kneel

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    1. What does being a business owner have anything at all to do with this discussion. Get real here.

2. You not turning in a coworker is the same as what those other three police officers did not do. I would be willing to guess (though I do not know) that had the other three police officers known or expected Floyd to be physically harmed that they would have stepped in.
    Bc you see yourself as a victim of the unwashed masses you employ. It seems to think me seeing a co worker slacking off or stealing pens is the same as one police officer seeing another officer abusing his authority to beat on people. It didn’t surprise bc of how you often portray working people as ingrates that take advantage of there employers. I only see one situations where their is a real victim here

How did they not know that kneeling on necks caused harm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 05-28-2020 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

It applies to Kaep too....maybe one day, Oh never mind he tried to comeback but...
    Please post a list of all the people that Colin has killed...go ahead, I'll wait...
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You seem to think me seeing a co worker slacking off or stealing pens is the same as one police seeing another officer abusing his authority to beat on people. It didn’t surprise bc of how you often portray working people as ingrates that take advantage of there employers. I only see a real victim in one of these situations.

You possess the incredible ability to read things into a passage that simple are not there.

How could you possible relate to stealing pens to telling on a bad employee? Way to ssstttrrreeetttccchhh a point.

Should we try specifics……suppose you know of an employee padding his time card, or his expense account. Suppose you knew of an employee overcharging for services never performed. Or stealing materials.

Forget the pens. But keep track of those paper clips.

The point to this line of discussion is that very few employees will take a stand against another employee that is doing something wrong. You have not proved that point to the contrary. So the "blue wall" as annoying and wrong as it is, is pretty common in all walks of life.

Geezus

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Please post a list of all the people that Colin has killed...go ahead, I'll wait...
    I said he’s building a brand off of them...

You possess the incredible ability to read things into a passage that simple are not there.

How could you possible relate to stealing pens to telling on a bad employee? Way to ssstttrrreeetttccchhh a point.

Should we try specifics……suppose you know of an employee padding his time card, or his expense account. Suppose you knew of an employee overcharging for services never performed. Or stealing materials.

The point to this line of discussion is that very few employees will take a stand against another employee that is doing something wrong. You have not proved that point to the contrary. So the "blue wall" as annoying and wrong as it is, is pretty common in all walks of life.

Geezus
    There are levels and there are breaking points. I may not say anything if I see a fellow employee doing what I view as minor things, but I'm far more likely to call them out or bring it to my employer's attention if I view it as more agregious.....potentially tempered by how my doing so may impact me......similar with police officers I'd think- if one sees another doing something wrong it likely depends on the level of the infraction and how their own career might be impacted going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Well you used the knowledge the McMichael’s didn’t want to kill Ahmaud in your analysis there, so why not do the same here. The man did not mean her or her dog any harm.

Also, you detailed every single action in the Ahmaud and in this one you want to generalize. She vastly exaggerated the threat level with her theatrics on the phone.

Additionally, she had to deal with social media, lost her job, lost her dog, etc. The impact on her life was substantial.

Hopefully you agree there was a way she could have acted that would have prevented all that from occurring.
    They both could have handled the situation differently. As with the mcmichaels/Abery, it typically takes two sides to cause the situation to escalate. The difference is in the Abery case, both sides should pay a price- Abery with his life, the mcmichaels with their freedom. In the other case, only she paid a price.

This is why they kneel

Geezus
    Oh contraire you are proving my point. I don’t care if someone steals from the company. I do care if someone kneels on defenseless people’s necks. From where I sit these are not comparable situations

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

They both could have handled the situation differently. As with the mcmichaels/Abery, it typically takes two sides to cause the situation to escalate. The difference is in the Abery case, both sides should pay a price- Abery with his life, the mcmichaels with their freedom. In the other case, only she paid a price.
    wait, why should Arbery have paid a price?!

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    wait, why should Arbery have paid a price?!
    He grabbed the gun as a questionable reaction to the guys chasing him down/confronting/screaming at him in threatening manner. Therefore Joey has been arguing this whole time he should have been shot.

Somehow this should not have happened to this woman, despite her making a questionable reaction in a similar manner. Valade is pointing out the hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Oh contraire you are proving my point. I don’t care if someone steals from the company. I do care if someone kneels on defenseless people’s necks. From where I sit these are not comparable situations

No, you are missing the point (not unusual here).

Someone made the comment that the "blue wall" among the police prevents the weeding out of bad police. I then made the point that this of support is common in unions. Someone added on that is is also common in other areas and most interconnected groups.

So you saying that you do not care if someone steals from the company supports the point that people in groups will not come out against others in that group. Call it the "red wall of pizza deliverers."

And it's "au contraire."

But that's just you. You have that certain je ne sais quoi.