Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 269 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    I'm not sure the logic follows. Me being excited about my property being damaged or destroyed has no bearing on whether looting and rioting can be a means to an end in relation to a social issue.
    Sure it does. You make it seem as if you can understand why they loot. Would you understand it if they were looting your stuff??

It's like graffiti. No one minds graffiti. Some some it is "urban art." But if their home or car was tagged they would be incensed.

It's hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    As a dog owner that's super suspect. But who knows. One thing for sure, we can be sure that in this and all situations the public will wait until all the information is available before commenting on it
    Lol.

Ya I would definitely be a little freaked if someone said that to me. She may have gone over the top but that was what provoked this incident it seems based on what is out there. Maybe more will come out but if those are the basic details I get why someone would call the cops if they took it as a threat (we don't know context but likely brought up in argument which to me would seem like one).

I dunno, I think the context of the cops is pretty clear with all the video and so on. We should still not be looting and so on imo even with that but this is much different. It seems like the context we know about this story both were kinda in the wrong some and the most extreme aspect to me is that threat he potentially made.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    The full story, from the mans own words, tells a different story. They were both being “karens.” Him complaining about her dog not being on the leash and her for calling the cops. Although I think most people might have called them. He said “you’re not gonna like what I do next” and then called her dog over to him. He claims he was just going to give it a treat, but I can understand why the woman would feel threatened by it.
    So Ahmaud should not have felt threatened when a man runs up to him with a shotgun yelling but this woman was justified in feeling threatened because a man called her dog?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    We don't know her intent? She flat out stated she was going to call the cops and tell them a black man was threating her life?

Are you saying we don't know if her intent was to do exactly what she said she was going to do?
    the context regarding intent involved whether she used African American in an improper way or simply as a description of the man she was feeling threatened by.........and I also said, it may have been that she was threatened simply BECAUSE he was black, but that it could also have been she was threatened by other aspects of the situation or, more likely, a combination
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    To me he is playing the victim here while he kind of instigated things going too far in that. I don't think race needs to play a part for someone to be scared of a guy saying "you won't like whats next" then calling the dog to give it something.
    What all this really boils down to is pretty much never say anything to any one. Who needs the grief?

So Ahmaud should not have felt threatened when a man runs up to him with a shotgun yelling but this woman was justified in feeling threatened because a man called her dog?
    he said she wouldn't like what he does next then offers her dog something...if that's me, I'm thinking he intends to harm my dog
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I actually think this is a decent point but just not focused on Joey's weird take that thread lol...

In this situation what is the initial extreme aspect that sets it off? In that one it was chasing down with guns someone who may have been in the wrong they thought. In this situations the guy made a threat to someone he felt was in the wrong. That is the over the top action here, leading to her being scared and reacting just like Joey was trying to blame Arbery for his reaction to someone else's extreme. He grabbed the gun and she threatened back about calling the cops.

I think you make a decent point about staying consistent in blaming those going to the extremes and allowing some leeway for over the top reactions if feeling threatened...

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    the context regarding intent involved whether she used African American in an improper way or simply as a description of the man she was feeling threatened by.........and I also said, it may have been that she was threatened simply BECAUSE he was black, but that it could also have been she was threatened by other aspects of the situation or, more likely, a combination
    Well yeah, I think it's unreasonable to think she would randomly call the cops on a black man and tell them he was threatening her life.

But she definitely emphasized that she was going to tell the cops it was a black man.

he said she wouldn't like what he does next then offers her dog something...if that's me, I'm thinking he intends to harm my dog
    And if it's me and someone comes running at me with a shotgun yelling at me, I'm thinking that person intends to harm me is my point.

RE: The Minneapolis incident.

One of the points that is real interesting is……

When the video came out of the police officer kneeling on Floyd, probably near 100% of the country's population was incensed over the incident. We all called for the police officers to be arrested and jailed and nationwide sympathy was generated for minorities regarding how they are treated by the police. We all tried to undwerstand their plight.

With all the video from Minneapolis in the last two nights……how much of that sympathy was lost??? Everyone still feels the police should be arrested…but feeling bad for the minority community, not so much.

Pretty dumb move but it's not like we haven't seen this before.

I never said he shouldn’t feel threatened....

Also their reactions were very different. I suppose she could have attacked the black dude being a ****. Violence is always the answer

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    No it isn't. It's how it is and it is unfortunate.

Do you have a job…would you turn in a bad employee???

When you were in HS or college…did you turn in any students for cheating or whatever???

I was a security director for a good sized financial institution. Getting info out of employees was near impossible even when you knew they knew what was going on. Very few would come forward and even then it had to be in such a way as to leave them out of it.
    We are going see this different bc you think being a business owner should mean something to me (spoiler alert: it doesn’t) anyway no I would not turn in a bad co worker or a school mate that cheated. Its someone job to stop them. If person doesn’t stop them I don’t give a ****. Live and let live

On the other hand, if my job was delivering babies and I had a co worker that was using his position to harm babies I would do something about it. That person is hurting real people. No beuno

Do you see the difference bt the top scenario and the bottom one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

You don't know her intent.........she was freaked she'd not only been caught, but now there's a guy recording her and she's not sure how to react...she reacted poorly, but highly unlikely she was thinking clearly about how to react in that moment. I mean yes, it could be EXACTLY what you said....or drastically different...we're extrapolating without all the facts.
    Are you scared of black people?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    We are going see this different bc you think being a business owner should mean something to me (spoiler alert: it doesn’t) anyway no I would not turn in a bad co worker or a school mate that cheated. Its someone job to stop them. If person doesn’t stop them I don’t give a ****. Live and let live

On the other hand, if my job was delivering babies and I had a co worker that was using his position to harm babies I would do something about it. That person is hurting real people. No beuno

Do you see the difference bt the top scenario and the bottom one?

1. What does being a business owner have anything at all to do with this discussion. Get real here.

2. You not turning in a coworker is the same as what those other three police officers did not do. I would be willing to guess (though I do not know) that had the other three police officers known or expected Floyd to be physically harmed that they would have stepped in.

Literally can't put it any simpler than this.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!