Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 267 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    there would be many police officers that would not fit this.
    You deal with a lot of US cops there in canada? What are you basing this on?

there was another incident (whatever day it was) with a woman in NY that called the police on an African American man.

was this racism?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/26/us/ce...rnd/index.html

per rules she should have had the dog on a leash. but the man also did warn her which could be perceived as a threat, which she said.

is her use of "African American" racist or a description.

with this story, I think Candace Owens has a point. there is often a lot of media/social media attention on these type of incidents where race was a factor or not, but not much attention to what she is talking about.

what she did was wrong..........but for cripes sake, how is she supposed to describe him? it wasn't that long ago it wasn't PC to say black...
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Maybe.

Maybe not. Probably not — because he got unlucky; someone got a video.

But my point remains. No video, chances are this guy would have gotten another pass.
    Possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    what she did was wrong..........but for cripes sake, how is she supposed to describe him? it wasn't that long ago it wasn't PC to say black...
    She probably should have said that a black man is politely asking her to put her dog on a leash at the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    It was a serious question. I know you can read, you said so.

Does the RCMP have similar issues where their misbehavior goes unreported and shielded by the other mounties?
    I don't care about the mounties/RCMP and neither should you.

PSD should expect better from moderators (plural).

don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    My opinion…this was clearly racist.

This woman made way too much out of this. Even if she just ignored the guy and walked away, nothing would have happened. But she just had to say something. She is a complete idiot. Little prima donna not used to anyone telling her anything. Got what she deserved.
    the bold I agree with, but were her actions specifically because he was black? if a white man said the same thing, would she have also been afraid?

"Look, if you're going to do what you want, I'm going to do what I want, but you're not going to like it."

don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Nah, looting doesn't help anybody. Bash away at looters.

Support protesters, it's what this country was founded on ... even if they are protesting something you think is stupid or vile, support their right to do it.
    They should have thrown the stuff they stole in the lake.

the bold I agree with, but were her actions specifically because he was black? if a white man said the same thing, would she have also been afraid?
    not every altercation between white and black is race related....there are other reasons for her to be afraid

for that matter, people are assuming the cop in MSP is racist...we don't know that either

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    They should have thrown the stuff they stole in the lake.
    ??

??
    They threw the tea in the harbor.

I get people issues with looting and rioting, but sometimes a few bricks need to go through a few windows. Yeah, the businesses had nothing to do with this, but if you you want your city to know it's on the verge of being lit on fire sometimes things need to get smashed up a bit. Sometimes it works.

Can't prove it, but I don't think she would have reacted the same way if the guy was white.

I also can't figure why a woman would be walking alone in the particular area of Central Park. But that is not germane as to what happened. It is a bit add though.

Can't prove it, but I don't think she would have reacted the same way if the guy was white.

I also can't figure why a woman would be walking alone in the particular area of Central Park. But that is not germane as to what happened. It is a bit add though.
    Yep, I can assure you she wouldn't be screaming hysterically over and over into the phone that a black man is threatening to assault her while he stands calmly 15 feet away holding a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    They threw the tea in the harbor.

I get people issues with looting and rioting, but sometimes a few bricks need to go through a few windows. Yeah, the businesses had nothing to do with this, but if you you want your city to know it's on the verge of being lit on fire sometimes things need to get smashed up a bit. Sometimes it works.
    So if it was your home or business or car…you would be completely understanding because, as you said, "if you you want your city to know it's on the verge of being lit on fire sometimes things need to get smashed up a bit."

Right.

I'll believe it when I see photos of yoyr home or business trashed and you happily standing in front of it.

Keep us posted.

So if it was your home or business or car…you would be completely understanding because, as you said, "if you you want your city to know it's on the verge of being lit on fire sometimes things need to get smashed up a bit."

Right.

I'll believe it when I see photos of yoyr home or business trashed and you happily standing in front of it.

Keep us posted.
    I'm not sure the logic follows. Me being excited about my property being damaged or destroyed has no bearing on whether looting and rioting can be a means to an end in relation to a social issue.

She was intentionally making it sound like a black man was endangering her life.

Because she was upset he wanted her to leash her dog.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.