Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 12 of 267 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 3995
  1. #166
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,595
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    there would be many police officers that would not fit this.
    You deal with a lot of US cops there in canada? What are you basing this on?

  2. #167
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    11,927
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    there was another incident (whatever day it was) with a woman in NY that called the police on an African American man.

    was this racism?

    https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/26/us/ce...rnd/index.html





    per rules she should have had the dog on a leash. but the man also did warn her which could be perceived as a threat, which she said.

    is her use of "African American" racist or a description.


    with this story, I think Candace Owens has a point. there is often a lot of media/social media attention on these type of incidents where race was a factor or not, but not much attention to what she is talking about.

    what she did was wrong..........but for cripes sake, how is she supposed to describe him? it wasn't that long ago it wasn't PC to say black...
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  3. #168
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    33,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Maybe.

    Maybe not. Probably not — because he got unlucky; someone got a video.

    But my point remains. No video, chances are this guy would have gotten another pass.
    Possibly.

  4. #169
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,595
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    what she did was wrong..........but for cripes sake, how is she supposed to describe him? it wasn't that long ago it wasn't PC to say black...
    She probably should have said that a black man is politely asking her to put her dog on a leash at the park.

  5. #170
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    25,684
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    It was a serious question. I know you can read, you said so.

    Does the RCMP have similar issues where their misbehavior goes unreported and shielded by the other mounties?
    I don't care about the mounties/RCMP and neither should you.

    PSD should expect better from moderators (plural).

    don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  6. #171
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    25,684
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    My opinion…this was clearly racist.

    This woman made way too much out of this. Even if she just ignored the guy and walked away, nothing would have happened. But she just had to say something. She is a complete idiot. Little prima donna not used to anyone telling her anything. Got what she deserved.
    the bold I agree with, but were her actions specifically because he was black? if a white man said the same thing, would she have also been afraid?

    "Look, if you're going to do what you want, I'm going to do what I want, but you're not going to like it."

    don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  7. #172
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Nah, looting doesn't help anybody. Bash away at looters.

    Support protesters, it's what this country was founded on ... even if they are protesting something you think is stupid or vile, support their right to do it.
    They should have thrown the stuff they stole in the lake.

  8. #173
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    11,927
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    the bold I agree with, but were her actions specifically because he was black? if a white man said the same thing, would she have also been afraid?
    not every altercation between white and black is race related....there are other reasons for her to be afraid

    for that matter, people are assuming the cop in MSP is racist...we don't know that either
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  9. #174
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    11,927
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    They should have thrown the stuff they stole in the lake.
    ??
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  10. #175
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,595
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    ??
    They threw the tea in the harbor.

    I get people issues with looting and rioting, but sometimes a few bricks need to go through a few windows. Yeah, the businesses had nothing to do with this, but if you you want your city to know it's on the verge of being lit on fire sometimes things need to get smashed up a bit. Sometimes it works.

  11. #176
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    5,550
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    the bold I agree with, but were her actions specifically because he was black? if a white man said the same thing, would she have also been afraid?
    Can't prove it, but I don't think she would have reacted the same way if the guy was white.

    I also can't figure why a woman would be walking alone in the particular area of Central Park. But that is not germane as to what happened. It is a bit add though.

  12. #177
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Can't prove it, but I don't think she would have reacted the same way if the guy was white.

    I also can't figure why a woman would be walking alone in the particular area of Central Park. But that is not germane as to what happened. It is a bit add though.
    Yep, I can assure you she wouldn't be screaming hysterically over and over into the phone that a black man is threatening to assault her while he stands calmly 15 feet away holding a phone.

  13. #178
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    5,550
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    They threw the tea in the harbor.

    I get people issues with looting and rioting, but sometimes a few bricks need to go through a few windows. Yeah, the businesses had nothing to do with this, but if you you want your city to know it's on the verge of being lit on fire sometimes things need to get smashed up a bit. Sometimes it works.
    So if it was your home or business or car…you would be completely understanding because, as you said, "if you you want your city to know it's on the verge of being lit on fire sometimes things need to get smashed up a bit."

    Right.

    I'll believe it when I see photos of yoyr home or business trashed and you happily standing in front of it.

    Keep us posted.

  14. #179
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    So if it was your home or business or car…you would be completely understanding because, as you said, "if you you want your city to know it's on the verge of being lit on fire sometimes things need to get smashed up a bit."

    Right.

    I'll believe it when I see photos of yoyr home or business trashed and you happily standing in front of it.

    Keep us posted.
    I'm not sure the logic follows. Me being excited about my property being damaged or destroyed has no bearing on whether looting and rioting can be a means to an end in relation to a social issue.

  15. #180
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    25,395
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    what she did was wrong..........but for cripes sake, how is she supposed to describe him? it wasn't that long ago it wasn't PC to say black...
    She was intentionally making it sound like a black man was endangering her life.

    Because she was upset he wanted her to leash her dog.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •