Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 261 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The arrogance it takes for that officer to continue putting his knee in Floyd's neck even when being videotaped astounds me as well. Even if Floyd doesn't die, that officer is clearly okay with excessive force regardless of who is around him.

The problem is if Floyd doesn't die, all of those officers are suspended without pay and presumably put back on the force after the investigation concludes. The lack of ramifications is what empowers a lot of these cops. Its disgusting that someone's life has to be taken for action to be taken. I'm not even sold these officers will be charged or convicted either.
    I can't imagine they will all get off. But if that is taught behavior (to kneel on someone's neck) they will have some protection ... but if someone dies as a direct result of your actions and your actions were not required for your survival ... well, I can't believe they all get nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    You don’t get to bash people for looting and not protesting when you’d also bash people for protesting if it’s not a cause you believe in.

Quit being part of the problem.
    Nah, looting doesn't help anybody. Bash away at looters.

Support protesters, it's what this country was founded on ... even if they are protesting something you think is stupid or vile, support their right to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Nah ... it was just that Trump couldn't do THAT one. But Obama had a very similar ban and his wasn't struck down. It's more of a Trump is an idiot who can't shut his yap thing than an illegal thing.
    What was Obama's ban?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

The arrogance it takes for that officer to continue putting his knee in Floyd's neck even when being videotaped astounds me as well. Even if Floyd doesn't die, that officer is clearly okay with excessive force regardless of who is around him.

The problem is if Floyd doesn't die, all of those officers are suspended without pay and presumably put back on the force after the investigation concludes. The lack of ramifications is what empowers a lot of these cops. Its disgusting that someone's life has to be taken for action to be taken. I'm not even sold these officers will be charged or convicted either.
    I couldn't even stomach it, about mid way thru once he stopped moving, I just cut it at that point. That **** was too disturbing. It's like the guy is so happy to, in his mind, make this guy feel like he is dying. Turned out going too far and actually killing him.

That **** gotta be so sad for his family to watch. That's like a rage type a feeling it invokes.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Support protesters, it's what this country was founded on ... even if they are protesting something you think is stupid or vile, support their right to do it.
    I don't support the right of people to congregate during covid. Protest and spit in the face of all medical personnel...sure. But do it with masks and social distancing or I think they should get fined and perhaps more.

We already live in a police state. Almost a quarter of the world prison population.

Might as well do it to people that are actually hurting society on a widespread level , no?

(I still don't believe in mass for profit incarceration )

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I don't support the right of people to congregate during covid. Protest and spit in the face of all medical personnel...sure. But do it with masks and social distancing or I think they should get fined and perhaps more.

We already live in a police state. Almost a quarter of the world prison population.

Might as well do it to people that are actually hurting society on a widespread level , no?

(I still don't believe in mass for profit incarceration )

Yea, it's just stupid. We already know this type of behavior allows for a far greater deal of freedom, and have a major impact in the economy.

Now one protest in the midst of a society mostly following distance protocol might not be a big deal in the big picture, I hope not, but the **** should have some sort of regulation on some level.

That’s exactly my position. I’m claiming that Brewers is whatabouting because looters support his implied beliefs that any “**** the police” views are supported by criminals.

It’s subtle racism that’s regularly on display.

I can't imagine they will all get off. But if that is taught behavior (to kneel on someone's neck) they will have some protection ... but if someone dies as a direct result of your actions and your actions were not required for your survival ... well, I can't believe they all get nothing.
    I can't either but crazier **** has happened. The thing is this has caught national attention and the president's attention so its very likely these guys are at least charged. Convicted? Maybe but I could see them getting convicted of manslaughter or criminally negligent homicide and not murder.

All I know for sure is the city of Minneapolis is going to be paying George Floyd's family a **** ton of money when that lawsuit is settled.

I can't either but crazier **** has happened. The thing is this has caught national attention and the president's attention so its very likely these guys are at least charged. Convicted? Maybe but I could see them getting convicted of manslaughter or criminally negligent homicide and not murder.

All I know for sure is the city of Minneapolis is going to be paying George Floyd's family a **** ton of money when that lawsuit is settled.
    I can totally see them all never facing a single day in prison for this.

PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Absolutely disgusting.

There is a lot of power and responsibility that comes with law enforcement and not all are worthy of being entrusted with it. The majority of cops are good people, but psychopaths can become cops too.

The officer with his knee on his neck is a psychopath who was ready to abuse his power without hesitation. Judging by his casual body language, he has abused his power many times prior to this incident. He was capable of committing murder under the guise of law enforcement and it was going to happen, whether to George Floyd or someone else. He should be tried, convicted, and sentenced, as well as the pieces of **** who stood by and watched.

I don't have anything more to add here. Just wanted to say that throughout this thread you have expressed the same sentiments that I hold extremely well.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I can totally see them all never facing a single day in prison for this.
    I'd go as far as to say that's the likely outcome.

I'd also like to see cops complicit in cover ups getting jail time.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

My bet is this time, at minimum the officer kneeing Floyd will face charges. He has to.
    Exactly what charges the other 3 would or should face is a question.

Regardless, as bad as that situation was, committing your own crimes...looting, property damage...isnt justified either.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Probably the biggest obstacle in holding police officers accountable for their actions is their own internal, well-documented, and widespread corruption — in the form of their time-honored rule of covering up for each other.

Until they break that mold, they will be objects of suspicion and scorn by some.
    there are also many many police officers that are fantastic in their jobs, including interacting positively with black neighborhoods, and projecting that police in general are racist or pigs or whatever other ignorant narrative there could be is just wrong and doesn't help.

don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

No one is suggesting this is the right response but deflecting to it takes attention away from the main issue. That there are still systemic issues of racism and police brutality in many of these police forces. The guy is telling the officer he can't breathe and he's in a position where he's of no harm to the officers. Meanwhile, all of them just sit there while that one cop has his knee in Floyd's neck while being videotaped.

If these cops can't do the right thing when cameras are on them, it makes you wonder what they are doing when there is no one watching.
    this happening is what deflects the attention away from George Floyd being killed.

don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Page 9 of 261 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast