Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 260 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Is there anything illegal worldwide?
    No, illegal in America. Worldwide some places are illegal, some legal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You need cops to be better integrated into minority communities. I also think the vetting process for becoming a cop needs to become more thorough. There should be annual psychological background checks on cops imo as well.

This cop had a dozen complaints against him since 2001. You would think at some point that might have put his job in jeopardy, right? I understand not all complaints have legitimacy but fool me once, shame on you, fool me twelve times and maybe there is smoke by that fire.

I agree that a few bad apples spoil the bunch but there needs to be checks in place. There are way too many instances where white cops use excessive force on minorities.
    If a cop has a certain amount of complaints against he should lose his job because itís all ready a pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Well if they shortened those programs, that's certainly a big part of the problem. Cops need more training, not less. Both in terms of physical force and techniques for de-escalation.

True but cops can pick up bad habits along the way just because of the lack of checks and balances. The PBA unions and blue wall protections are so strong that these guys get way too comfortable not doing things by the book. That has to change as well.

I agree but we don't know the extent of those complaints. If they come to find out they were serious claims, then you wonder what he was still doing on the force. With a dozen complaints, the odds are very good something wasn't done that should have been. That's a failure of the force and it happens far too often.

Eh, I dont think free housing is enough incentive to live in a neighborhood where the serious crime rate is significantly higher than the surrounding communities. For some cops, sure, but I think they can find more incentive for cops to consider living in those neighborhoods. Either way, its a good start. Many of these white cops only come across minorities when they are arresting them. Surely, its not going to make for handling things correctly.
    The training was shortened ironically when Biden's bill pushed through federal incentives for police forces to grow dramatically, and once they were so big they needed to churn the money to keep them going so the training never went back. Talked to the former training officer for LAPD and he HATED it.

Yes, bad cops spawn more bad cops. We need to stop hiring new cops, shrink the forces, and get rid of the bad ones.

Public complaints get a lot easier to deal with with mandatory on-duty cameras too.

Free housing isn't enough for family cops, but the single ones I could see it working. Don't really know what other easy incentives cities can have. I guess a "performance bonus" could get some more doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    No, illegal in America. Worldwide some places are illegal, some legal.
    It's a real shame some places are illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    If a cop has a certain amount of complaints against he should lose his job because itís all ready a pattern.
    It can't just be number ... some people complain about every officer interaction.

These police officers were 100% wrong and there is no justifying what they did.

Just to touch on a couple of quick points that I've seen made over the past couple of pages. The idea of having every cop have mandatory yearly psych evaluation is great but very unlikely to happen.

Also, I think an increase in salary would do wonders to improve the quality of people that are applying to these jobs. Alot of it really does come down to money.

It can't just be number ... some people complain about every officer interaction.
    Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post

Just to touch on a couple of quick points that I've seen made over the past couple of pages. The idea of having every cop have mandatory yearly psych evaluation is great but very unlikely to happen.

Also, I think an increase in salary would do wonders to improve the quality of people that are applying to these jobs. Alot of it really does come down to money.

Truth.
    Pay is a big one.

Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post

Truth.
    An easy way to increase pay is to reduce the number of officers. Cut the forces in half and double the pay.

It's a real shame some places are illegal.
    I'm glad it's illegal in america.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Depends on the merit and how serious (the latter Scoots referred to) the complaints are. I see Chauvin actually had 13 complaints against him since 2003 but all of them were closed without discipline. What that means we don't know. In fact, he received a medal of valor from his department in 2009.

The problem with the blue wall is lack of transparency. We also know officers cover up for other officers.

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/...7-b25dc201fc24

The officer with the next most seniority (Tou Thao) had 6 complaints against him with one that is still open. He has also been sued for excessive force. The other 2 guys were new relatively new hires. One in 2017 and one in 2019. The odds of them saying anything was unlikely due to their lack of seniority. I'm not justifying their behavior, just trying to make sense of some of their inaction. Again, that's how the shield works. You don't correct a senior officer even if he is doing something seriously wrong and that mentality has to change.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-28-2020 at 01:15 AM.

I'm glad it's illegal in america.
    It's legal everywhere.

It's legal everywhere.
    What the hell?

The bigot ban is ILLEGAL in America, that's why trump had to push some water down version..

God bless America, sir

The arrogance it takes for that officer to continue putting his knee in Floyd's neck even when being videotaped astounds me as well. Even if Floyd doesn't die, that officer is clearly okay with excessive force regardless of who is around him.

The problem is if Floyd doesn't die, all of those officers are suspended without pay and presumably put back on the force after the investigation concludes. The lack of ramifications is what empowers a lot of these cops. Its disgusting that someone's life has to be taken for action to be taken. I'm not even sold these officers will be charged or convicted either.

What the hell?

The bigot ban is ILLEGAL in America, that's why trump had to push some water down version..

God bless America, sir
    Nah ... it was just that Trump couldn't do THAT one. But Obama had a very similar ban and his wasn't struck down. It's more of a Trump is an idiot who can't shut his yap thing than an illegal thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Maybe instead of looting and stuff they should successfully protest and protest peacefully

Hereís the scene at Target a few mins ago

https://twitter.com/rljourno/status/...441509376?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You donít get to bash people for looting and not protesting when youíd also bash people for protesting if itís not a cause you believe in.

Quit being part of the problem.

Page 8 of 260 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast