Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 304 of 419 FirstFirst ... 204254294302303304305306314354404 ... LastLast
Results 4,546 to 4,560 of 6279
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    ^ to piggyback, I live south of Seattle and I paid $400,000 for my house. $90,000 buys you a cardboard box or a tough shed in Seattle.
    You could retire here.

^ to piggyback, I live south of Seattle and I paid $400,000 for my house. $90,000 buys you a cardboard box or a tough shed in Seattle.
    out of curiosity, what do you know about housing costs and cost of living on the Olympic peninsula? Or even Olympia
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Housing cost is the one thing keeping us from moving to the PNW. Weíre buying a home that would otherwise be close $500,000 back in our old area of Michigan, but itís in an unincorporated part of southern IN and has been on the market for 6 months, so weíre buying SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper.

And we had to move several hundred miles to do so. People without education just donít have those types of options.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    No, if every available unit is asking a ridiculous price then they will pay it. People will pay for a roof over their head. If that means eating more fast food to save money then that's what they'll do.

Landlord tenant relationship is clearly going to be in favor of the landlord. Cities are growing and housing shortages are a normal thing. This isnt an industry which should be left to the hands of capitalism.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Thatís simply not true. Thereís obviously a cap at which a landlord can charge and expect to have good paying tenants. Thereís no floor for which tenants wonít pay however.

If you charged a million dollars a month for your units, would you have tenants? Most likely not. But if you charged a dollar a month, would you have any issue? Of course not...

This is why they kneel

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Thatís simply not true. Thereís obviously a cap at which a landlord can charge and expect to have good paying tenants. Thereís no floor for which tenants wonít pay however.

If you charged a million dollars a month for your units, would you have tenants? Most likely not. But if you charged a dollar a month, would you have any issue? Of course not...
    So? He didnít say they would pay any price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 08-08-2020 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    So? He didnít say they would pay any price.

Obviously thatís impossible... but the extreme to the other side is probable.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    I got 2 bedroom/2 bath for 90,000, Mortgage Payment is 680 per month.

How long ago was this? Because my dad bought his house about 30 years ago where I grew up (not DC/NVA) and he paid about $120000 for a 3 bedroom/2 bath.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

This is why they kneel

Obviously thatís impossible... but the extreme to the other side is probable.
    No itís not. The landlord sets the price. Circumstances can lead to price gouging on their part forcing renters to pay unreasonably high rent. On the other hand I donít think there are circumstances that would force landlords to offer unreasonably low rents.

Last edited by ewing; 08-08-2020 at 12:54 PM.

No itís not. The landlord sets the price. Circumstances can lead to price gouging on their part forcing renters to pay unreasonably high rent. On the other hand I donít think there are circumstances that would force landlords to offer unreasonably low rents.

How can they force someone to pay unreasonably high rent? Itís the renters choice to pay the rent.

This is why they kneel

How can they force someone to pay unreasonably high rent? Itís the renters choice to pay the rent.
    Shelter is a need if someoneís options are limited in obtaining/maintaining it they can be taken advantage of.

Shelter is a need if someoneís options are limited in obtaining/maintaining it they can be taken advantage of.

Shelter is a need but your premise would only make sense if it was the only shelter in town.

Shelter is a need but your premise would only make sense if it was the only shelter in town.
    Thank god for that unfettered market doling out fairness

Market conditions can allow it. I live in a small city with about 60k. For about the last decade vacancy rates have been below 1% which means there is almost nothing available to rent. I have a house I rent out and I would put it up and have over 100 replies in an hour. People would message offering hundreds more a month just to try and get a place. That snowballs to the point where rent is out of control and people have no choice but to pay it. It even extended out to every small town within a half hour drive. So the options for people were either pay the rent or move far enough away that they have to spend 10k a year extra in gas to drive back and forth.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    How long ago was this? Because my dad bought his house about 30 years ago where I grew up (not DC/NVA) and he paid about $120000 for a 3 bedroom/2 bath.
    You can buy nice 2000+sq ft. 100yr old homes where I am(same area he is in)all day long for under six figures. Hes not lying, he just doesnt have any grasp of what things cost anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    You can buy nice 2000+sq ft. 100yr old homes where I am(same area he is in)all day long for under six figures. Hes not lying, he just doesnt have any grasp of what things cost anywhere else.
    Exactly. I never thought he was lying, just completely out of touch with the rest of the country.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant