Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 488 of 542 FirstFirst ... 388438478486487488489490498538 ... LastLast
Results 7,306 to 7,320 of 8130
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Who cares if they weren’t harassing him in the beginning. They began to harass him and that was wrong, and he committed no crime to warrant the police response.
    I agreed with that. but that doesn't change that if Reese had cooperated and was more polite nothing else likely would have happened. I would love to see that being more of a message to people. cooperate, be respectful, rather than dismissive.

did you hear about the story where the police questioned someone walking at night and after providing simple answers the police allowed him to leave? of course not because that isn't news.

Reese already believed a narrative about police in general before anything happened, which is why he did not want to cooperate. when that becomes the only narrative it leads to incidents like this.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1364416025731751938
    "Young Black men like me, we're scared of the police because they kill and arrest us," Rodney Reese said. "That's why I didn't want to answer a question, I wanted to go home."
    he already concluded that these police must be the same. that allowed this incident. his generalization lead to this happening, even when the police themselves went too far.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    and had he cooperate nothing else would have happened. I would rather that be the case.
    Their responsibility was to verify his wellness....instead they disrupted it.
    All he did was try to walk home from work.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I agreed with that. but that doesn't change that if Reese had cooperated and was more polite nothing else likely would have happened. I would love to see that being more of a message to people. cooperate, be respectful, rather than dismissive.

did you hear about the story where the police questioned someone walking at night and after providing simple answers the police allowed him to leave? of course not because that isn't news.

Reese already believed a narrative about police in general before anything happened, which is why he did not want to cooperate. when that becomes the only narrative it leads to incidents like this.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1364416025731751938

he already concluded that these police must be the same. that allowed this incident. his generalization lead to this happening, even when the police themselves went too far.
    And he was right, they literally arrested him for nothing. You’re mad that he had a perception about police that turned out to be 100% accurate?

Do you believe it should be the last that you must be respectful and cooperate with police if they are doing a welfare check? If not, then what did he actually do that was illegal?

not irrelevant and that is the point, fair or not Reese did not have to cooperate, but if he did nothing else likely would have happened.
    No, you’re absolutely missing the point of police. Police officers are public servants. It’s their job to maintain professionalism even if someone is being disrespectful.

If a teacher yells at a student for wearing a MAGA hat is this good or bad? If the student doesn’t listen to the teacher and responds rudely would it be acceptable for the teacher to suspend the student?

Furthermore, this dude did “cooperate.” He may not have been super polite but he did respond to their questions. It’s not their job to take offense to his rudeness and arrest him. It’s their job to remain professional and say “have a good night. Get home safe.”

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    No, you’re absolutely missing the point of police. Police officers are public servants. It’s their job to maintain professionalism even if someone is being disrespectful.

If a teacher yells at a student for wearing a MAGA hat is this good or bad? If the student doesn’t listen to the teacher and responds rudely would it be acceptable for the teacher to suspend the student?

Furthermore, this dude did “cooperate.” He may not have been super polite but he did respond to their questions. It’s not their job to take offense to his rudeness and arrest him. It’s their job to remain professional and say “have a good night. Get home safe.”
    Teacher shouldn’t yell at someone wearing a maga hat. If they did than they should yell at everyone who wears anything political

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Teacher shouldn’t yell at someone wearing a maga hat. If they did than they should yell at everyone who wears anything political

Way for the point to go completely over your head.

And a police officer shouldn’t arrest/harass a citizen unless they are going to arrest/harass every citizen. Do you get the point I’m making?

You are ranting so much and hard that it is affecting your comprehensive skills.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

It is well known, in Chicago, police don't tolerate disrespect. People do go to jail for nothing more. It's a gang thang. Respect the colors.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Their responsibility was to verify his wellness....instead they disrupted it.
    not in the beginning.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post

you know I agreed with the bold, right?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    And he was right, they literally arrested him for nothing. You’re mad that he had a perception about police that turned out to be 100% accurate?

Do you believe it should be the last that you must be respectful and cooperate with police if they are doing a welfare check? If not, then what did he actually do that was illegal?
    there would not have been an incident had he not believed the narrative that he did, that he refused to cooperate because of what he was lead to believe. that is on him at that point.

with all of the police interactions in America there are more that are not inappropriate/abusive, but those don't make the news and don't fall into the narrative. he believed a narrative that should not be believed in a generalization that some want to think is all police, that was his part and that shouldn't have happened.

I've already said the police at a point took it too far, that is on them, but it got to that point not because of their intentions.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

there would not have been an incident had he not believed the narrative that he did, that he refused to cooperate because of what he was lead to believe. that is on him at that point.

with all of the police interactions in America there are more that are not inappropriate/abusive, but those don't make the news and don't fall into the narrative. he believed a narrative that should not be believed in a generalization that some want to think is all police, that was his part and that shouldn't have happened.

I've already said the police at a point took it too far, that is on them, but it got to that point not because of their intentions.
    The narrative that police would just arrest you for doing nothing? Yeah, that's literally what happened.

If this man is responsible for how the police acted towards him then Trump is responsible for the violence at the Capitol. You can't have it both ways.

You're blaming a 17 yr old kid....for not acting mature enough...more than trained adult police officers.
    You have no idea their intentions. We DO know the KID'S intention was simply to be allowed to walk home.

Maybe he should have called AOC.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment