Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 243 of 305 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253293 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 4561
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    A LOT of people work all day on camera are you thinking all those people are having their constitutional rights violated? There are some departments stores that stream their security cameras and have been challenged in court and won.
    you're telling me there's a Macy's dept store channel? is that on Hulu or Netflix?

on the job...knowing there's. cameras....lil different
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I think all uniformed cops on the street should have mandatory body cams and I think the feeds should be publicly streamed.
    I can see why youd want that and I think there could be advantages to it.
    I just think the disadvantages would outweigh the advantages.

Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    greatly weighted towards disadvantages...I mean hugely
    there may be things, like the Floyd and Arbery situation, that the public may have a right to see, but more often there would be things not for public consumption...including putting people in grave danger that may say something to a cop that someone in the public should not hear. Let's say I am stopped leaving an area where a crime was committed. I did nothing, but I can describe who did. The perpitrater sees the video and not only knows the cops know that information, but knows I'm the one who told them...and because it's on tape knows who I am and where I. live. Just one example.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    there may be things, like the Floyd and Arbery situation, that the public may have a right to see, but more often there would be things not for public consumption...including putting people in grave danger that may say something to a cop that someone in the public should not hear. Let's say I am stopped leaving an area where a crime was committed. I did nothing, but I can describe who did. The perpitrater sees the video and not only knows the cops know that information, but knows I'm the one who told them...and because it's on tape knows who I am and where I. live. Just one example.
    100%. That is definitely just one example, but a good one.

What would have happened...or not happened...if that 17 yr old girl with her 9 yr old niece at her side hadn't videoed Floyd's last minutes? Other video came out later...but would any of that had this impact? The arbery video didnt
    I think it build up along with what happened to the Taylor lady.

But the one thing that stands out of the Floyd video is the fact that this ****er kneeled on him for 8:46 and he cried out that he could not breathe and even called out for his mother and yet he stood there on his neck like he was out for a ****ing stroll on the park even while he was being video taped, like he was doing was nothing bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I think it build up along with what happened to the Taylor lady.

But the one thing that stands out of the Floyd video is the fact that this ****er kneeled on him for 8:46 and he cried out that he could not breathe and even called out for his mother and yet he stood there on his neck like he was out for a ****ing stroll on the park even while he was being video taped, like he was doing was nothing bad.
    I know what Floyd went thru, that wasn't my point...it was horrific and obviously unnecessary.....my point was, if the public hadn't seen that video, would the reaction have been this strong...and worldwide? Maybe it would have, we'll never know....but more than any other similar issue since Rodney King, it was out there and in the public's face.

you're telling me there's a Macy's dept store channel? is that on Hulu or Netflix?

on the job...knowing there's. cameras....lil different
    Not on Hulu or Netflix, but yes on a website.

People at Macy's know they are on camera, Police with body cameras know their actions are being filmed.

All of the police I've talked to like their body cameras because they know it saves them from accusations more than the other way around.

All that video is available in discovery anyhow, no reason for it to be private. You want to get people to trust the police? Let them actively watch the police doing their jobs well and politely. Let them see the huge number of interactions with black people where nothing bad happens.

Fair point, but there are options they can take. I still think the positives outweigh the negatives.

I don't know about streamed publicly, but I absolutely don't think there is a good argument for a cop being on duty and his body cam not being on. I think that if a cop is on duty and his body cam goes off, then he should be punished.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I don't know about streamed publicly, but I absolutely don't think there is a good argument for a cop being on duty and his body cam not being on. I think that if a cop is on duty and his body cam goes off, then he should be punished.
    If its intentionally turned off during certain situations then I would agree with you.
    There are times where you forget to turn it on or it malfunctions, but the body camera is extremely beneficial to any police officer doing his job well.

Fair point, but there are options they can take. I still think the positives outweigh the negatives.
    options like what...paying someone to screen and censor before it's available to the public? then we're right back to not knowing for sure what really happened. see, I think you're not thinking about this from the individual's side that's encountered by police. People at Macys may know there are cameras but they're not thinking about being on TV....and they certainly aren't thinking about being on TV when they encounter police. Just how much of your life do you want made available to the public?

Body cams should be required and always on, I'd agree. But there's already enough invasion of privacy in our lives without making it all available for public consumption. There are ppl who would try to make a living just by using what they see on camera.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Well..thats a weird random comment
    not random unless you're not paying attention.

making demands about getting some ridiculous demands is not seeking equality or even trying to level a biased perceived undeserved playing field.

Nancy Pelosi got George Floyd's name wrong. George KIRBY.

this has to be pathetic. George Floyd's name is not hard to remember, and has been in the news on a daily basis since his murder. no excuse to call him George Kirby.

"do you think that I can tell George's daughter that his name will always be remembered because you will name the bill for him."

"worthy of George Kirby's name."

always be remembered, and then calls him George Kirby.

Lol. Kirby isnt even close.