Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 239 of 305 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241249289 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 4564
  1. #3571
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    92,999
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Iím talking about the stereotype that cops are pieces of ****. All black people arenít dangerous and all cops arenít pieces of ****. Neither stereotype helps the situation.
    I'm taking a page out of your boy's playbook.

    ďdbroncos78087 is calling for a total and complete shutdown of police enforcing the laws of the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what the hell is going on.Ē
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  2. #3572
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    47,626
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    This to me is a great illustration of the systemic issues within the criminal justice system, and how it's not the police officers, it's the system itself.

    Their procedure is to sneak up on a guy and throw him to the ground for an open warrant for his arrest. As they were walking up to him they could clearly see he was being peaceful and non threatening to the other officer. There was zero reason to slam him to the ground. Absolutely none whatsoever. In fact, by doing so, you dramatically increase the chances of resistance and an altercation.

    I doubt that police officer was like "screw procedure, I'm gonna go throw a dude down". I don't think he was looking for excuses to slam a dude, I think he followed an unnecessary procedure that does not in any way help the situation.
    Thanks Valade I think your post are really good on this topic


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  3. #3573
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    19,819
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    2) Iím not sure what the real persons description was. This guy seemed like a normal looking guy. If the real suspect was 7 feet, then the cops made a huge error or purposefully targeted a black guy. But cops typically use fixed factors in identification- height, sex, race.
    .
    The sad thing is quite frequently the police have very little information to go on.
    I have answered phone calls where the caller can only describe the subject as a black man. Often they have no idea how old they are, what they are wearing, etc.
    So you pretty much show up to the scene with no real information other than the subject being a black man. Then you do your best from there.
    Last edited by hughest4; 06-25-2020 at 03:36 PM.

  4. #3574
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    49,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    If you guys are ever in a threatening situation I hope you donít call the police and if you do I hope they donít help you and let you potentially die


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the death threat.

    Youíre a complete partisan idiot if you donít understand what the goal is at this point.

    Stop reading your hyper partisan bull ****. Theyíre just feeding your own fear and anger for as revenue.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #3575
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    49,538
    https://portcitydaily.com/local-news...ait-free-read/


    Fired Wilmington cop: ďWe are just going to go out and start slaughtering them fóó nióĖ. I canít wait. God, I canít wait.Ē

  6. #3576
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    33,682
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    1) Iíd say that black people populate inner cities more than white people but thatís a separate issue.

    2) Iím not sure what the real persons description was. This guy seemed like a normal looking guy. If the real suspect was 7 feet, then the cops made a huge error or purposefully targeted a black guy. But cops typically use fixed factors in identification- height, sex, race.

    3) I was never thrown to the ground. I told the story of when I was stopped for stealing gas. In that event, the cop forcefully through my against the trunk of my car and hard. I was a big, athletic kid so I assume the cop was trying to show his dominance. Iíve also been cuffed and detained because I fit a description.
    1). So you don't think black people are stopped more frequently for suspicious behavior in white dominated suburbs?

  7. #3577
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    33,682
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You seem to be much more tolerant to one of those stereotypes being used.
    Exactly. His first reaction to the stereotype all cops are pieces of **** is to say "no they're not" and his first reaction to the stereotype black people are dangerous is "but look at black on black violence"

  8. #3578
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    47,626
    Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    The sad thing is quite frequently the police have very little information to go on.
    I have answered phone calls where the caller can only describe the subject as a black man. Often they have no idea how old they are, what they are wearing, etc.
    So you pretty much show up to the scene with no real information other than the subject being a black man. Then you do your best from there.
    Is there any vetting of calls where you donít respond?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  9. #3579
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    33,682
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    https://portcitydaily.com/local-news...ait-free-read/


    Fired Wilmington cop: ďWe are just going to go out and start slaughtering them fóó nióĖ. I canít wait. God, I canít wait.Ē
    Was just gonna come in and post this. We have a problem.

  10. #3580
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    19,819
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Is there any vetting of calls where you donít respond?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Unfortunately no, not really.
    Usually the call is complete BS. Sometimes I wonít even get out of the car if Iím familiar with the person or itís evident they arenít doing anything suspicious. Iíll just have a laid back conversation with the guy and go on my way. Just shows the resident that called that we did respond and made an effort to investigate the suspicious person. Most of the times I donít want to respond but all it takes is that one time for somebody to call in a suspicious subject, we donít respond, and that person commits a serious crime.

  11. #3581
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,799
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    If you know it is a stereotype and that it is untrue far more often then true and you keep assuming it that is true that 100% is on you. I used to be the white dude in an all Mexican neighborhood and most people were cool. I donít assume Mexicans are murders and rapists. You claim to have been the white dude when you were younger. Were most of the people around you violent criminals? If not why do you think it is ok to assume young black males are criminals?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No but it only takes one violent criminal to take you out. And in the inner city, the odds of that one violent criminal increase significantly.

    I was 13 the first time I was shot at. Someone was shooting randomly out of a car as it drove by. He was either high, drunk or just fooling around because the bullets hit the roof. Iím not sure if the shooter was white, black, or Asian. It didnít matter and honestly I donít care. But acting like thereís not an issue with violent crime in the inner city is part of the problem. Itís part of the inner city culture.

  12. #3582
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,799
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You seem to be much more tolerant to one of those stereotypes being used.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Iím not tolerant of either. But if I had to measure the stereotype in reality, one would certain way more.

  13. #3583
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,799
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    1). So you don't think black people are stopped more frequently for suspicious behavior in white dominated suburbs?
    If they are, thatís racism. At least we are getting somewhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Exactly. His first reaction to the stereotype all cops are pieces of **** is to say "no they're not" and his first reaction to the stereotype black people are dangerous is "but look at black on black violence"
    Iíve never mentioned black on black crime as a deterrent to police violence. Itís a separate issue.

  14. #3584
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    12,494
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    No but it only takes one violent criminal to take you out. And in the inner city, the odds of that one violent criminal increase significantly.

    I was 13 the first time I was shot at. Someone was shooting randomly out of a car as it drove by. He was either high, drunk or just fooling around because the bullets hit the roof. Iím not sure if the shooter was white, black, or Asian. It didnít matter and honestly I donít care. But acting like thereís not an issue with violent crime in the inner city is part of the problem. Itís part of the inner city culture.
    My gawd, for every person you can point out here who has said inner city crime is NOT an issue, I can point to an albino grizzly bear. It IS an issue...it's NOT the CURRENT issue on people's minds
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  15. #3585
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    47,626

    This is why they kneel

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    No but it only takes one violent criminal to take you out. And in the inner city, the odds of that one violent criminal increase significantly.

    I was 13 the first time I was shot at. Someone was shooting randomly out of a car as it drove by. He was either high, drunk or just fooling around because the bullets hit the roof. Iím not sure if the shooter was white, black, or Asian. It didnít matter and honestly I donít care. But acting like thereís not an issue with violent crime in the inner city is part of the problem. Itís part of the inner city culture.
    No but....You consistently find some contextual reason to justify bigotry. It never fails


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •