Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 237 of 305 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247287 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 4561
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The guy was waiting for his sister and apparently matches the description that the cops got. Which apparently was nothing more than ďblack guyĒ. Please tell me how your statement addresses police racism.
    Police make mistakes. Theyíre ******* humans not a force of robo cops. You jumping and calling something like this racism, without any evidence to substantiate your claim, is the problem...

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Police make mistakes. Theyíre ******* humans not a force of robo cops. You jumping and calling something like this racism, without any evidence to substantiate your claim, is the problem...
    Give me one reason those cops took that extreme measure beyond his skin color. One will suffice. The evidence I have is the video. They confronted him and asked him to explain what he was doing, he did, and they pounced. If you canít see what they did, youíre blind. But you can see. You know EXACTLY what they did and why they did it. But youíre prepared to stand on that blue wall to protect the police from ANY accountability.

This is why they kneel

Give me one reason those cops took that extreme measure beyond his skin color. One will suffice. The evidence I have is the video. They confronted him and asked him to explain what he was doing, he did, and they pounced. If you canít see what they did, youíre blind. But you can see. You know EXACTLY what they did and why they did it. But youíre prepared to stand on that blue wall to protect the police from ANY accountability.
    I donít think there is one unless you think being black is probable cause. Do you believe that Joey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 06-25-2020 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

The difference is, I donít know anything. More importantly, I donít pretend to know and wouldnít presume to know based on a short clip. Police should be accountable, even if it was just an honest mistake. But thereís a difference between saying that and believing all cops are pieces of ****.

It doesnít help any situation if cops are being racist/prejudice. I understand the mentality in thinking that young black inner city males are dangerous. Itís a valid stereotype because itís based in some reality but cops need to put those thoughts to the side. However, there is also, a valid stereotype that all cops are pieces of ****. To some extent, they have to be in that their job is dangerous. But we as a society need to realize that statistically speaking, most police encounters end peacefully.
    Last edited by joeyc77; 06-25-2020 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I donít think there is one unless you think being black is probable cause. Do you believe that Joey?

No.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Notice you walked off when I pointed out Mary wasnít white. So we know Jesus was at most 50% white.
    I thought I replied, but maybe I didn't post it.

Mary's race could have been irrelevant. we know Mary was pregnant as a virgin. how did that happen? did God intend Jesus to have her DNA, or could God have used Mary as a surrogate?

Jesus wasn't some made up person like Santa Claus, but we know Jesus wasn't some typical human.

is this were it extends to whether Santa Claus was white, which I also don't really care about.

I've said before that I think Black Lives Matter can be good, can have a positive message. but how can anyone support this.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/black-...rn-down-system

Black Lives Matter leader states if US 'doesn't give us what we want, then we will burn down this system'
    "I said," Newsome told the host, "if this country doesn't give us what we want, then we will burn down this system and replace it. All right? And I could be speaking ... figuratively. I could be speaking literally. It's a matter of interpretation.
    he may want to say something that gets attention, but this is not the wording that he should have used.

people are literally burning down buildings, this wording from someone directly with Black Lives Matter should not be acceptable.

this was something they had in Oregon. wearing masks was mandatory, except for people of color.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/23/oregon...-white-people/

Oregon county issues face mask order that exempts non-white people
    Health officials announced last week residents must wear face coverings in public settings where they may come within six feet of another individual who is not from the same household.

But people of color do not have to follow the new rule if they have ďheightened concerns about racial profiling and harassmentĒ over wearing the masks, officials said.

Oregon then changed that.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/24/us/or...rnd/index.html

An Oregon county drops its mask exemption for people of color after racist response
    A mask mandate exemption for people of color meant to address racial profiling concerns has been removed after racist backlash, Oregon county officials said in a statement.

"The expressions of racism regarding the exception has created a ripple of fear throughout our communities of color. The very policy meant to protect them, is now making them a target for further discrimination and harassment," Lincoln County leaders said Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I thought I replied, but maybe I didn't post it.

Mary's race could have been irrelevant. we know Mary was pregnant as a virgin. how did that happen? did God intend Jesus to have her DNA, or could God have used Mary as a surrogate?

Jesus wasn't some made up person like Santa Claus, but we know Jesus wasn't some typical human.

is this were it extends to whether Santa Claus was white, which I also don't really care about.
    I don't think you know how surrogates work

Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    Well, the initial responding officer whose body camera we are watching didnít really do anything wrong. He was just investigating suspicious activity.

The one officer who slammed the subject was probably excessive but the others really didnít do anything wrong.

What came of this? Is it recent?

Well it depends what the outcome of this situation was. If anybody other than the one officer who performed the body slam got in trouble than I could see why it would cause other officers to walk out.

And in regards to that whole situation in Atlanta. I Personally probably wouldnít walk off of the job but I can completely understand why all of those guys did.

Just speaking from personal experience I have handcuffed and detained numerous people who didnít commit any crime. Iíve mostly done it for my own personal safety.
    This to me is a great illustration of the systemic issues within the criminal justice system, and how it's not the police officers, it's the system itself.

Their procedure is to sneak up on a guy and throw him to the ground for an open warrant for his arrest. As they were walking up to him they could clearly see he was being peaceful and non threatening to the other officer. There was zero reason to slam him to the ground. Absolutely none whatsoever. In fact, by doing so, you dramatically increase the chances of resistance and an altercation.

I doubt that police officer was like "screw procedure, I'm gonna go throw a dude down". I don't think he was looking for excuses to slam a dude, I think he followed an unnecessary procedure that does not in any way help the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Not saying it's racist, but look at what he was stopped for. The cop said there was suspicious activity, but never actually said what that suspicious activity was. At no point did the cop ever say that the person in question was engaging in suspicious activity.

So why did he stop him? Why do you think so many black people get stopped for "suspicious activity" without an actual crime being committed? What law was this black man breaking and what could he have done to not be stopped by the police?

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Yep her Dad is a racist

This got a thousand likes. good one

Good exchange. Enjoyed reading the last few posts.

This to me is a great illustration of the systemic issues within the criminal justice system, and how it's not the police officers, it's the system itself.

Their procedure is to sneak up on a guy and throw him to the ground for an open warrant for his arrest. As they were walking up to him they could clearly see he was being peaceful and non threatening to the other officer. There was zero reason to slam him to the ground. Absolutely none whatsoever. In fact, by doing so, you dramatically increase the chances of resistance and an altercation.

I doubt that police officer was like "screw procedure, I'm gonna go throw a dude down". I don't think he was looking for excuses to slam a dude, I think he followed an unnecessary procedure that does not in any way help the situation.
    Eh, no not really. I would hardly say that is standard procedure. The large majority of warrant arrests do and should end very peacefully. I can probably tell you what this guys report says. Probably says the guy didnít comply with his verbal commands and then after failing to do so tensed up which was a sign of resisting arrest. Who knows if that actually happened? Its really hard to tell. Itís something that is very hard to see but very easy to physically feel happening. Iím not defending his actions, there is a strong possibility they were unnecessary.

Not saying it's racist, but look at what he was stopped for. The cop said there was suspicious activity, but never actually said what that suspicious activity was. At no point did the cop ever say that the person in question was engaging in suspicious activity.

So why did he stop him? Why do you think so many black people get stopped for "suspicious activity" without an actual crime being committed? What law was this black man breaking and what could he have done to not be stopped by the police?
    Iím just speaking about the one officer in this video. From the video it doesnít seem like the stop was self initiated. He said he was investigating suspicious activity which leads me to believe that somebody call the cops to report this guy. Seemed like the cop was just responding and trying to figure out what the hell was going on and if the there was anything actually suspicious going on.

Like I mentioned before there are so many instances where people call the police to investigate for suspicious activity simply because of the color of somebodyís skin. Itís sad how much racism there still is. From personal experience and not to say it makes it any better but Iíd say large majority of people are more fearful of black people and itís not so much a hatred issue. If that makes any sense..