Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 639 of 702 FirstFirst ... 139539589629637638639640641649689 ... LastLast
Results 9,571 to 9,585 of 10529
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I thought liberals were the only ones who have fits of fake outrage though. Wonder how many of these hypocrites feel when they see all these NFL commercials about ending racism and racial inequality.
    Personally I find most of those commercials stupid. Just like I find it amusing that a 320# behemoth of a man who tries to take a running back's head off has a writing on his helmet that says something profound like "REMOVE HATE" or some other drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Oh there it is. MLK reference to defend doing nothing on racism. I bet you are going to pull out that one MLK quote that all conservatives have memorized by heart.
    The appropriation of King by the current powers that be is nauseating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    That's fine. Replacing one time of racism with another kind of racism is not progress to me. In fact, it is worse. All of the hatred that is being sown by the BLM, Nation of Islam, Southern Poverty Law Center, et al is just revenge for real and perceived injustices committed 50-200+ years ago by people of all different races, creeds, and colors. Martin Luther King wouldn't want this kind of society methinks.
    Tell me you don't know **** about MLK without telling me you don't know **** about MLK.

"I was disagreeing with a friend about politics last night. I got so annoyed that I bear-sprayed him and beat him with a flagpole. I was surprised when he objected since we were obviously engaging in legitimate political discourse." - @SarahLongwell25

It really grinds their gears. It spits right in the face of their "everything is already equal" mindset.
    "Their"? Who is "their"? Really nice little "holier than thou" group you've got here, eh? Are you saying that not everyone is equal? What a proposition!! Oh, wait, that isn't what your crowd is after it it? YOu don't seek "equality", hell no, that isn't enough is it? YOU WANT EQUITY!!

"Their"? Who is "their"? Really nice little "holier than thou" group you've got here, eh? Are you saying that not everyone is equal? What a proposition!! Oh, wait, that isn't what your crowd is after it it? YOu don't seek "equality", hell no, that isn't enough is it? YOU WANT EQUITY!!
    Their is people on the right side of our political discourse. They act like if you just stop talking about race that the problem goes away. The fact is that it just buries itself under the ground and pretend racism isn't real.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Tell me you don't know **** about MLK without telling me you don't know **** about MLK.

If you disagree with what I said then present your argument. Otherwise, spare us your self-serving ********.

Their is people on the right side of our political discourse. They act like if you just stop talking about race that the problem goes away. The fact is that it just buries itself under the ground and pretend racism isn't real.
    YOu can't put something away when someone always wants to unearth it. There are too many people who do not want people to move forward past what happened to them or happened to others. They want to keep it alive and to seek retribution for something that happened in history and to take retribution from someone who had nothing to do with what may have happened years, decades, and/or centuries before in time.

This is what race mongers do. They are just racists themselves in another lifetime, free to weep and moan about how much is owed them by other people.

If you disagree with what I said then present your argument. Otherwise, spare us your self-serving ********.
    I disagree with your ignorant, racist whitewashing of MLK and what he believed.

YOu can't put something away when someone always wants to unearth it. There are too many people who do not want people to move forward past what happened to them or happened to others. They want to keep it alive and to seek retribution for something that happened in history and to take retribution from someone who had nothing to do with what may have happened years, decades, and/or centuries before in time.

This is what race mongers do. They are just racists themselves in another lifetime, free to weep and moan about how much is owed them by other people.
    Confederate flags and monuments say hello.

I disagree with your ignorant, racist whitewashing of MLK and what he believed.
    Wowie. You sure told me, huh? Feel better? Funny crap when the race card gets played over and over again by people who cannot handle anyone who disagrees with him. Must make you feel better like you are somehow, "bad" or something?

Confederate flags and monuments say hello.
    That's all you got? What's next, bubba? Cross burning accusations? Real sophomoric statement.

They are uppity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

That's all you got? What's next, bubba? Cross burning accusations? Real sophomoric statement.
    Did you know that most confederate statues were put up 100 years after the Civil War? They were mostly funded and put up during the Civil Rights Era. They were an attempt to give the middle finger to MLK and the other people fighting for civil rights.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    doesn't change how they felt at the time. that was the point, the kneeling that was supposed to be about racism was seen as being divisive and disrespectful, it did not work for the intended goal.
    And boycotting the NFL did not work for its intended goal either. The NFL is more popular than ever and more involved in fighting racism and promoting what Kaepernick stood for.

Sounds like Kap won.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    And boycotting the NFL did not work for its intended goal either. The NFL is more popular than ever and more involved in fighting racism and promoting what Kaepernick stood for.

Sounds like Kap won.
    Unless his goal was to continue his playing career.