Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 566 of 595 FirstFirst ... 66466516556564565566567568576 ... LastLast
Results 8,476 to 8,490 of 8912
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I have problems with how they handle arrests and try to cover things up, but some of their stuff is to maintain order. Traffic fines discourage people from breaking traffic safety rules. If someone is having a loud party at 3:00 am in morning.

When it all said and done, we need policing. The problem is that they know it and hold us hostage to how THEY want to do their job for the communities they serve. All those over-glorified police show just muddy the water on public perception of them. It is amazing how cops' shows replace western but still give the same message. A man with a gun fighting injustice like John freaking Wayne. Instead of Indians, we have minorities in trouble, weak limp wrist liberals/Democrats who are disconnected from reality.

My mom loves "Blue Blood" where this is especially true. Guess what they don't focus on, police cover-up, police misconduct, racism on the force, or cops with strong ties to right-wing extremists. People like Sluggo buy into this and defend cops no matter what they do.
    I think we need cops too. I just think people overblown their importance.

I think we have the tech to rid ourselves of cops in regards to traffic violations. They clearly can't handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    You may have quoted the wrong person, but if you think the vast majority of what cops do is crap you have no idea what most of them do.
    Uh huh. Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    well, we're not picking WHICH ones are quitting....and quite often it's the good ones
    Lololol. Again... sure...

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    I think this is an easy place to start

Decrease interactions when the violation is no kind of public threat. No one needs to be stopped for procedural
    violations like expired tags or simple traffic violations. Traffic cops can document it from their vehicle and send them a ticket in the mail. No interaction required. We do that with traffic cams already.
    ^ this I can agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    And if anyone is pulled over for a traffic violation for some reason, cops don't need to be armed.
    ^ this no.

there was a recent traffic stop where the driver threw a molotov cocktail at the police. police are much more aware than the public of the fact that they themselves are sometimes confronted with a weapon or something even in a routine traffic stop.

\_(ツ)_/

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    Na Chauvin deserves jail time because he showed reckless disregard for human life. Sadly, black people and other minorities are unjustly on the wrong end of it in disproportionate numbers.

I personally don't disagree that most cops are good, but I know they aren't doing enough to oust the bad apples. I'll save my tears for the next victim.
    The sad part is he acts like cops somehow get treated more harshly in these cases. When it's the polar opposite. As their job gives them a natural defense.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    nope.

it's not a distraction for her to also get attention. that is why I said, her life mattered too.

wanting to ignore her murder and deflect back to something else is the distraction. otherwise why not agree that her murder was horrendous and deserves justice. instead of doing that I'm attacked for bringing her up.
    Aww yes its me distracting. Why am I distracting from your attempts to derail a thread? So rude of me.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I'm pleased to see that people on the left in this Democrat dominate forum can say this about Nancy Pelosi. idiotic to thank him for dying, sacrifice? he wasn't sacrificing his life, would have rather still been alive.
    We, those who consider themselves aligned with the progressives, have been criticizing Pelosi and the democrat leadership off and on since the primaries last year and now you realize this to be pleased?
    Last edited by WES445; 04-21-2021 at 11:43 AM.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

We, those who consider themselves aligned with the progressives, have been criticizing Pelosi and the democrat leadership off and on since the primaries last year and now you realize this to be pleased?
    The vast majority have been extremely critical of Pelosi. I'm not going to deal with others who are not here for productive debate. But you, Manram, and others could point to dozens of instances where you have been extremely critical of her. I think it's not an understatement to say that I have been less so. But the statement she made makes no sense. I will say that there's almost no chance she went up there and made that statement without it being heavily reviewed.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The vast majority have been extremely critical of Pelosi. I'm not going to deal with others who are not here for productive debate. But you, Manram, and others could point to dozens of instances where you have been extremely critical of her. I think it's not an understatement to say that I have been less so. But the statement she made makes no sense. I will say that there's almost no chance she went up there and made that statement without it being heavily reviewed.
    Agree. She is guilty of what every politician does, jumping on the bandwagon after it crosses the finish line. This victory and the limelight should go to those who were on the front-line pushing for a trial.

Yeah, her statement was cringe-worthy for its awkwardness.
    Last edited by WES445; 04-21-2021 at 12:49 PM.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

Agree. She is guilty of what every politician does, jumping on the bandwagon after it crosses the finish line. This victory and the limelight should go to those who were on the front-line pushing for a trial.

Yeah, her statement was cringe-worthy for its awkwardness.
    Nancy Pelosi needs limelight? For what exactly?

And the bandwagon she's been on since before you were born?

I swear you guys create this version of a moderate Dem that doesn't exist.. Some old racist Karen.

I've never heard any of you make a legit complaint of Pelosi that has to do with her job.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    Nancy Pelosi needs limelight? For what exactly?

And the bandwagon she's been on since before you were born?
    WTF are you talking about now Spock? Our politicians love the spotlight. She was on the black issue since before I was born? you know that is the bandwagon I am talking about. Yeah, I saw her name on the Civil Rights Bill legislation back in 1964. Wasn't she standing on the right of MLK on the stage during "I have a dream" speech.

Martin Luther King.

I swear you guys create this version of a moderate Dem that doesn't exist.. Some old racist Karen.

I've never heard any of you make a legit complaint of Pelosi that has to do with her job.
    You have been arguing with Special too much and are now using his MO. Were did I or Manram or anybody cast the moderate as old racist Karen? Ask DB, who is moderate, hell, ask yourself, have any progressive here call you a racist? Pelosi a racist or Schummer? Making accusations without proof is bad form, dude, and dishonesty that is used by Special and Brett.

We have and you judge it as not being legit. We agree to disagree, but that isn't good enough for you.

Martin Luther King.

Aww yes its me distracting. Why am I distracting from your attempts to derail a thread? So rude of me.
    some people get upset when the focus isn't on racism and police being the problem. **** this other problem apparently.

if other people are not deflecting, then why has it be so hard to simply agree that the murder of this girl was wrong. how hard is that to agree with. it's like PSD refuses to agree with literally anything I say no matter what it is.

\_(ツ)_/

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

WTF are you talking about now Spock? Our politicians love the spotlight. She was on the black issue since before I was born? you know that is the bandwagon I am talking about. Yeah, I saw her name on the Civil Rights Bill legislation back in 1964. Wasn't she standing on the right of MLK on the stage during "I have a dream" speech.
    You were alive in 1964?

That's great and all. But she's retiring. She has no need for spotlight. Nor has she ever been one to needlessly ask for it.

Lol. She has a 92% rating on her voting record from the ACLU.