Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 636 of 702 FirstFirst ... 136536586626634635636637638646686 ... LastLast
Results 9,526 to 9,540 of 10529
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea they expected us to believe that they built their whole identity around it for 50 years and they were going to give the sport up. What were they going to watch soccer or curling? LOL
    The clock counts up instead of down, way too confusing for them.

"I was disagreeing with a friend about politics last night. I got so annoyed that I bear-sprayed him and beat him with a flagpole. I was surprised when he objected since we were obviously engaging in legitimate political discourse.”" - @SarahLongwell25

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    The clock counts up instead of down, way too confusing for them.
    *Stares in buh gawd*
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

Soccer is the most boring sport on the planet. There also exists a more exciting version of the same concept in hockey.

Probably be better for my blood pressure if soccer was boring.

"I was disagreeing with a friend about politics last night. I got so annoyed that I bear-sprayed him and beat him with a flagpole. I was surprised when he objected since we were obviously engaging in legitimate political discourse.”" - @SarahLongwell25

I have tuned in for the US men’s World Cup games, but MLS and the rest of the sport is just dull to me.
    Last edited by Jack the Ripper; 01-20-2022 at 01:58 AM.

MLS is slow as **** compared to most of the UEFA leagues - England, Germany, France, Italy, Spain. There's a reason it's where players from the European leagues go when they're too old to play there.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The Cowboys Niners game did nearly 50 million viewers on Sunday. Highest rating for a wildcard game since 2015. Guess a lot of people who would "never watch a game again" because of Kaepernick were full of ****.
    I remember when Special particularly was touting how far NFL ratings have fallen. What a joke of a belief that turned out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I remember when Special particularly was touting how far NFL ratings have fallen. What a joke of a belief that turned out to be.
    were they low or not?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

MLS is slow as **** compared to most of the UEFA leagues - England, Germany, France, Italy, Spain. There's a reason it's where players from the European leagues go when they're too old to play there.
    Are you saying we need to Make Soccer Great Again?
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

Agreed. The last, say, ten minutes of a 1-0 match is brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    were they low or not?
    You said their low ratings would continue; they did not.

You said their low ratings would continue; they did not.
    I don't know where I would have said that, but even if I did how long is continue? I certainly wouldn't say they would continue forever.

at the time ratings were low and declining, and some said it was because of kneeling and the disrespect against America and the national anthem.

I haven't watched the NFL in years, don't even now if they are still showing the anthem/kneeling, or what fans would be saying since then.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I don't know where I would have said that, but even if I did how long is continue? I certainly wouldn't say they would continue forever.

at the time ratings were low and declining, and some said it was because of kneeling and the disrespect against America and the national anthem.

I haven't watched the NFL in years, don't even now if they are still showing the anthem/kneeling, or what fans would be saying since then.
    I'll give you a clue: All the people who said they would never watch the NFL again because of Kaepernick and kneeling are watching this year's playoffs.

MLS gets a lot of "has-beens". I saw Pele play in Minnesota when I lived there. My nephew lives about 4 blocks from the new soccer pitch in the Twin Cities and I see games there occasionally. My niece's husband works for KC United. Their daughter is a freshman at FSU and played on the National Championship team there. She played quite a bit this year and got several points.
    You are right that European leagues are far more interesting than the MLS is.
    Last edited by catman; 01-21-2022 at 12:36 AM.

I'll give you a clue: All the people who said they would never watch the NFL again because of Kaepernick and kneeling are watching this year's playoffs.
    I didn't make a pledge like that, but I haven't watched more than a few downs of football this year. It simply doesn't interest me anymore.