Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 248 of 266 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258 ... LastLast
Results 3,706 to 3,720 of 3983
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Remember the woman who burned herself with McDonald’s coffee? That was a settled lawsuit as well. Does McDonald’s have a systemic hot coffee issue?
    Yes, their coffee is always hot...seems systemic to me
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Yes, their coffee is always hot...seems systemic to me

They kept there coffee at about 200 degrees. They knew it was dangerous and did it to maximize profits anyway. There was actually a pretty good documentary on the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking we'd be better off wothout violent criminals everywhere
    now youre getting crazy

did you just explain how you're not focused on one way by explaining how you're focused on one way?
    Did you read my post or just insert your own predetermined response?

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking we'd be better off wothout violent criminals everywhere
    Now, we only need the Avengers to stop them or a team of uniformed robocops. That will do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Well, one have to be able to recognize it first before ending it. Case by Case basis is a old tactic to delay doing anything. It is right up there with "will conduct studies or form a task force" Really dude if you were the canary in the mineshaft, everyone would be dead while you be chipping away. But you do sound forceful at the end.
    Please name a law that is systemically applied to races differently. I won’t hold my breath.

Please name a law that is systemically applied to races differently. I won’t hold my breath.
    Like I am going to waste my time going over the same old ground with you that others have done. I am not that bored.

Because cities payout money for lawsuits? Lol.
    Entities settle lawsuits for a variety of reasons, mostly because it’s cheaper in the end. Remember the woman who burned herself with McDonald’s coffee? That was a settled lawsuit as well. Does McDonald’s have a systemic hot coffee issue?
    That wasn't settled, she won the lawsuit. Why did McDonald's lose? Because Mcdonald's had a systemic hot coffee issue. McDonald's serves their coffee slightly hotter than most other establishments. Making it a couple degrees cooler would have avoided the injuries, thus they were found at fault for being idiots

Its literally the first case they make you read in law school.

There are currently no laws which aren’t applied equally across races. If there were, I’d support ending them.
    Literally every law is applied differently to each individual person, of course it is applied differently by race.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

JoeyC trying to pull a fast one on me with that "settle" lawsuit. I would never imagine he would do that. creditability is hard to obtain once lost.

This is why they kneel

people are underrating individual racism

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 06-30-2020 at 02:01 AM.

No I’m not only focused on one way. If a police officer severely over steps his role/authority, he should be reprimanded and if kills someone in the process, he should stand trial. I just don’t find this issue as systemic. I especially don’t find it as systemic racism.
    Well wait, do you find them both systematic issues or not? If one is and one isn't despite not being able to clearly show why in data it does seem like you are focused on it one way not the other as a systematic issue...

Also, before the idea was stereotyping was alright due to the violence etc. Do you think it is alright for people to view cops as dangerous and stereotype them in this similar way then due to their abuse/violence?

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    That wasn't settled, she won the lawsuit. Why did McDonald's lose? Because Mcdonald's had a systemic hot coffee issue. McDonald's serves their coffee slightly hotter than most other establishments. Making it a couple degrees cooler would have avoided the injuries, thus they were found at fault for being idiots

Its literally the first case they make you read in law school.

Literally every law is applied differently to each individual person, of course it is applied differently by race.
    You’re right, I misspoke about the McDonald’s case. My point still stands though. I just used a poor example.

Laws are not written to be applied differently is my point. It’s doesn’t state- black individuals get X amount of years while white individuals get Y amount of years or black individuals go to jail while white individuals do not.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    people are underrating individual racism

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You cannot force people to think how you want, Ewing, no matter how stupid their opinion may be.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Well wait, do you find them both systematic issues or not? If one is and one isn't despite not being able to clearly show why in data it does seem like you are focused on it one way not the other as a systematic issue...

Also, before the idea was stereotyping was alright due to the violence etc. Do you think it is alright for people to view cops as dangerous and stereotype them in this similar way then due to their abuse/violence?
    I do not find either to be systemic. I believe by pinning the blame on a systemically racist police force/legal system is just mean to keep the issue, an issue.

Our focus should be on how to cause less interactions/encounters between the black population and police. We need to end drug laws. All drugs should be legal and sold in states stores. This will end most gang activity, which is a huge cause of the issue. We also need to allow school choice. If a parents can get their kid to a better public school, they should be allowed to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Yes, we do know, little person. All the other people who stay in their mansion and nothing happen to them. Unless you heard of their neighborhood being dragged out of their homes, you are just spreading fear and hysteria all the way from your parent's basement in Canada.

Protesters don't turn into looters/rioters. This isn't some werewolves story. How about a racist is a fully self-realize republican?
    it has literally happened at some protests, for years now.

this couple said they were threatened. that is enough to use their 2nd Amendment right.

don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber