Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

New York Attorney General Moves To Dissolve The NRA After Fraud Investigation

the attorney general of new york took action today to dissolve the national rifle association, following an 18-month investigation that found evidence the powerful gun rights group is "fraught with fraud and abuse."

attorney general letitia james claims in a lawsuit filed thursday that she found financial misconduct in the millions of dollars, and that it contributed to a loss of more than $64 million over a three year period.

The suit alleges that top nra executives misused charitable funds for personal gain, awarded contracts to friends and family members, and provided contracts to former employees to ensure loyalty.

Seeking to dissolve the nra is the most aggressive sanction james could have sought against the not-for-profit organization, which james has jurisdiction over because it is registered in new york. James has a wide range of authorities relating to nonprofits in the state, including the authority to force organizations to cease operations or dissolve. The nra is all but certain to contest it.
    damn!
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

well, if we just dissolved every organization 'fraught with fraud and abuse' there'd be a lot of 'em gone........including Congress..................$64million is NOTHING in comparison
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    well, if we just dissolved every organization 'fraught with fraud and abuse' there'd be a lot of 'em gone........including Congress..................$64million is NOTHING in comparison
    I’d sign up for this plan. Let’s take them all down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They’d have to dissolve the Pentagon, the Treasury Department, the Senate and the White House.

You say that like it's a bad thing.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

We all know the playbook on this one right?

Every conservative will automatically reject this and call it fake or a witch hunt and an attack on their rights without ever caring about the charges made.

I’m sure they’re waiting for their GOP talking points and marching orders via Fox’s prime time lineup right now.

I’m sure they’re researching the NY attorney general now for any late library books or cutting class in high school so they can discredit him.

Deny deny deny, pivot, attack, butwhatabout

Sounds good.
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    We all know the playbook on this one right?

Every conservative will automatically reject this and call it fake or a witch hunt and an attack on their rights without ever caring about the charges made.

I’m sure they’re waiting for their GOP talking points and marching orders via Fox’s prime time lineup right now.

I’m sure they’re researching the NY attorney general now for any late library books or cutting class in high school so they can discredit him.

Deny deny deny, pivot, attack, butwhatabout
    Umm...her.

https://store.barrons.com/shop/us/us..._5&cx_artPos=0

Nah they want Planned Parenthood and the Clinton Foundation dissolve.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Nah they want Planned Parenthood and the Clinton Foundation dissolve.
    They should be next

Lol

Nah

Planned parenthood helps a lot of women get the care they need that they can’t afford.

Clinton foundation has been investigated ad nauseam and nothing ever found.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    They should be next

All the investigations in deep red states and they haven’t found jack ****. Time to move on and stop acting like they’re doing what New York has found evidence of.

Sorry that I got sidetracked with useless bull**** about Planned Parenthood butwhataboutism.

This is the kind of fraud that the NRA is up to.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Sorry that I got sidetracked with useless bull**** about Planned Parenthood butwhataboutism.

This is the kind of fraud that the NRA is up to.

They tried to run it like a church and this imbecile tried to be the pastor who dresses in expensive clothing and flies around private jets.

Yea, I'm not sure how I feel about this.

It could go in different directions. It could lead to something good. Start exposing corruption within the govt and other big organizations.

It could lead to something bad. Constant legal bs clogging the system for partisan points.

Par for the course would be the latter.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast