Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 548 of 595 FirstFirst ... 48448498538546547548549550558 ... LastLast
Results 8,206 to 8,220 of 8912
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    1. And you suggested they implement a similar rule in regards to someone on foot.

2. Again. Unable to be honest.
    1. There may be certain situations which may turn too high risk for it to be worth it.

2. I am being honest, you just got some other pre recorded **** going on in your head, I'm not slandering the cop, I'm just seeing a situation that could commonly happen where someone may want to give up but there's no real safe way to do so because things got out of their control way quicker than they realized. We need to possibly re examine the procedure for the situation, not the cop.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You can't know that with any certainty. That's why body cams became mandatory in so many departments to begin with. There have been questions about how cops have handled suspects for decades.
    at this point do body cams even matter? We just saw a cop chase down a kid with a gun who refused to stop after shooting up an area and the cop did everything by the book with literally a split second decision and killed the kid.... and we are still rioting/*****ing about cops etc while ignoring why did a 7th graded have a gun? Why was he out so late and where the **** are the parents? At this point society just wants to make everything a hate crime to **** on police because the .1 percent are stupid or bad.

Lets say the cop hesitates and the kid shoots the cop in the head... You wanna know what the headline would be the next day? Kid scared of cops defended himself out of fear... Why are we chasing down 7th graders etc.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 04-19-2021 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    at this point do body cams even matter? We just saw a cop chase down a kid with a gun who refused to stop after shooting up an area and the cop did everything by the book with literally a split second decision and killed the kid.... and we are still rioting/*****ing about cops etc while ignoring why did a 7th graded have a gun? Why was he out so late and where the **** are the parents? At this point society just wants to make everything a hate crime to **** on police because the .1 percent are stupid or bad.

Lets say the cop hesitates and the kid shoots the cop in the head... You wanna know what the headline would be the next day? Kid scared of cops defended himself out of fear... Why are we chasing down 7th graders etc.
    It definitely wouldn’t get the attention that it has right now...

I know a lot of awesome cops who will risk their own life to save others. I also know there’s many racist cops probably around. But now people view all cops as pigs and will bash the entire profession and want to reform the entire system all because of a small percentage of cases where the cops were way out of line.

Every profession you’re going to have criminals or racist people in them. That doesn’t mean the entire profession is that way. There’s also examples of cops doing good deeds like paying for a kids meal (minority kid) only minutes later getting shot in the head sitting in his patrol car.

Call out the ones who broke the law or were unprofessional and should be fired but that doesn’t mean the entire profession is tainted or racist. It’s a joke how a small minority of cops are ruining the profession

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much attention does stuff like this get national attention? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-8POvXubtJ0 it goes on every day but you won’t hear about it because it shows cops doing good things

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    So let me ask you this

If the cops responded and this guy has a gun and runs away and then an hour later that same guy shoots and kills several people do you think that would be smart of the cop just letting him run away?

Again this isn’t a simple traffic stop this 13 and 21 year old were in the area of people shooting at cars (which is why the cops responded to the shots fired call)

Well if they got in a car and fled then they would let them go and you could way the same exact thing. I'm not saying what's right or wrong, just mentioning how they kinda pump the brakes there in high risk situations (tho driving is obviously diff than running).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post

The fact the cop that was escalating the situation with the service member didn't get fired till the video released is very telling

And when you don't fire bad employees at any job... you end up with more of them.

The fact that whistle blowers get fired...

I definitely think people are being naive in this situation. But there isn't "only .1% bad employees" in any profession.

You are ironically being just as over the top reactionary and naive as the people you're criticizing.

Like... ya'll are dumb lol.

I'm sorry. But no one here is saying cops should treat every suspect as if they committed murder.

These people were shooting at cars. They weren't innocent civilians minding their own business.

I'm for a massive police reform. But holy hell.

You guys seem to think this was a casual stop or something. Like this was someone who ran a stop sign and the cop came in ultra aggressive.

Just stop talking about this subject because you are actually damaging the case for reform every time you share your very naive opinion.
    You, specifically said it
    The cop can't come into this situation trying g to deescalate. For all he knows these guys just murdered someone.

The CHILD was 13 years old. Get your head outta your ***.
    Last edited by mike_noodles; 04-19-2021 at 10:09 AM.

Cool. A bunch of countries with low populations and/or strict gun laws. That's relevant to our situation.
    Cool. You seem intelligent. So intelligent that you can't learn anything from anywhere else that does a better job than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    And out of those 1,000 killed probably 95% of those are justified

If there were 95% that were justified, that would mean 5% weren't. The same odds as hitting a 20 on a dart board that the cop killed the person without justification. That's not reassuring to me.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Literally no one thinks systemic racism is "responsible for everything".
    it is routinely used by Democrats as thee problem in America, X happened, must be systematic racism or white supremacy.

this would not be written if some were not saying it is thee problem.

https://reason.com/2021/04/14/when-e...-out-the-term/
    When Everything Is 'Systemic Racism,' People Will Tune Out the Term

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    It's always funny to me that the smooth brains on the right think any black person with a gun in their hands deserves to be killed by the police. These are ardent 2A fans, after all. JK, of course. The minorities still deserve to be murdered.

Look, I have little sympathy for cops. But it would be a lot easier for them if every single person in this country didn't have 15 guns and they weren't constantly terrified about that fact. It's pretty clear the GOP doesn't care about police, otherwise, you know...they might care about all these ****ing guns everywhere.

Still, if you're Kyle Rittenhouse and you look like the whitest kid in the world you can kill some people with your very prominent AR and then run right to the cops. If you're a black 13 year old you getting killed by the cops is ALWAYS justified by these totally not-racist right-wingers on this site. Big gun rights fans they are........

the media loves people like you, believe whatever they tell you to believe. that the right wants anyone black with a gun simply shot, which of course is ********.

Adam Toledo was literally running from police with a gun ignoring the police orders, but lets just ignore that part. then there is the cherry picking people like Rittenhouse or Dylan Roof, see these white people were not shot, so that must be what happens all the time, and people buy this ****.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He literally threw the gun behind the fence 2 seconds before he got shot.

Let me ask you. If a gang member kills the cop would even spend a second giving a **** about him and his family?

No one should be celebrating the death of a 13 year old kid. Even if he did make poor decisions.

But you are being ridiculous as far as your expectation of this cop goes.

This **** ain't a movie. You get a split second to make a decision. And if you hesitate at the wrong moment your dead. Bet you've seen 100 videos of cops shooting civilians. And seen 0 of cops getting killed during routine traffic stops

liberal media doesn't want to talk about this type of thing.

https://kfoxtv.com/news/local/video-...sked-for-rifle
    Video shows moment New Mexico officer killed during traffic stop when asked for rifle
    no media outrage over this killing.

the public is not aware of how often this type of thing happens, the police are.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    You, specifically said it

The CHILD was 13 years old. Get your head outta your ***.
    then he should not have been on the streets in the middle of the night with a gun. this child agenda is meaningless with that context.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

remember when Trump was heavily criticized for his words.

not so much from the same people when it comes to Maxine Waters.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/max...rooklyn-center
    Asked about the Chauvin case, Waters told reporters if the former police officer isn't found guilty of murdering Floyd, "We've got to stay on the street and we've got to get more active, we've got to get more confrontational. We've got to make sure that they know that we mean business."

more confrontational than rioting, looting, burning. inciting violence.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://www.fox9.com/news/2-national...polis-shooting
    Officials: 2 National Guard members suffer minor injuries after being shot in Minneapolis

This happened about 4 blocks from my old house. I lived there about 40 years ago.