Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Once Upon A Time

Once upon a time, say about forty years ago, there wasn't the big divide.

That's not that long ago. There was a divide, but it was quite civil.

Then Reagan got elected and declared war on the middle class on behalf of the rich.
    His very first act as president was to destroy the Flight Controller's Union.
    He and the first George Bush then spent the next 12 years destroying unions in the U.S.
    Meanwhile giving handouts to the rich like allowing hostile corporate takeovers and allowing CEO's to own stock in their own companies. Among many other fiscal atrocities.

When Clinton came along in '92, he could not cater to the working class and unions and get elected. The previous dozen years had gutted them. Not that Clinton wanted to. Apparently, he was quite happy going after the same rich donors as the Republican Party.

This is where the Great Divide began. As long as the two parties were going after different donors, things were civil. As soon as Democrats, starting with Clinton, started going after the same rich guys and corporate money that had always been Republican turf, all hell broke loose.

What Clinton was doing was trying to take the bacon out of Republican mouths. Overnight, Clinton became the devil incarnate - going after Republican money was the biggest, most unconscionable sin imaginable.

Things have deteriorated from there. It starts at the top and when the big guys start going after each other tooth and nail, it won't take long for the little ones to follow. And the little ones have - never, for a moment, stopping to think why or how did this all come about. Why am I suddenly hating people that I used to disagree with, but tolerate very civily?

Now, here we are, on the brink of a civil war. The 2022 midterms will be bloody. There will be much hatred and violence. And it is all because of the greed of the two political parties fighting for the bribes from the same rich and corporate donors. You have to wonder if all of these morons with their guns ready to start shooting the "other side" would be so willing to do so if they had any understanding, at all, that the reason they are doing so is so that the political whores on the one side could sell their souls better than the political whores on the other side of the U.S. Government - all the while, none of it mattering, because, in the end, both sets of whores serve the same masters (and it ain't us).
    Last edited by ortforshort; 07-12-2022 at 08:23 AM.

Back to my favorite political Tshirt I've seen.

Left wing right wing same bird ******** on ya head

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

The rich will always be a party of themselves.
    Nobody thinks…about anything…ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    The rich will always be a party of themselves.
    Facts........ When will we all realize that we are all on the same little sinking rowboat named the SS middle-class while the super rich get to have their own yachts and they make the sinking boat pay and hold onto the life preservers for the poor

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Irony

I find it ironic that by destroying unions in the U.S. Reagan and the first Bush created the Pelosi-Schumer-Clinton-Biden-Obama Democratic party monstrosity we now have before us.

By destroying the unions, Reagan and Bush weakened the only opposition In the Democratic party to these shills for the rich taking over the party.

Reagan and Bush, in effect, ushered into power the Democratic party that would now fight the Republicans tooth and nail for their own rich and corporate owners. And that fight goes on to this day with devastating effects to average americans.

Now not only do we not have unions to protrct us from abominations like globalization, but we have zero representation in government.

Meanwhile the Democratic party has turned into what the Republican party once was forcing the Republican party to turn into this right wing joke and pox on the planet
    Last edited by ortforshort; 07-25-2022 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ortforshort View Post
    Once upon a time, say about forty years ago, there wasn't the big divide.

That's not that long ago. There was a divide, but it was quite civil.
    You’re romanticizing the past. We’ve arguably been locked in a state of cold civil war since the end of the actual Civil War.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By far the worst POTUS of all time for race relations was Barry O. He promised to be the GREAT UNITER and said so many times before he actually got the job. Instead he ran full tilt to attack white people and to split the races.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    By far the worst POTUS of all time for race relations was Barry O. He promised to be the GREAT UNITER and said so many times before he actually got the job. Instead he ran full tilt to attack white people and to split the races.
    Lmao you’re such a clueless racist **** bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Lmao you’re such a clueless racist **** bag
    Yeah, but he was in combat.

Or so he says.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Yeah, but he was in combat.

Or so he says.
    He can claim it all he wants. But no one is obligated to believe him.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    I'm no Obama fan boy but this post reeks of your usual cluelessness, with a side of thinly veiled racism.