Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Swap Tim Duncan and Chris Bosh on 11-14 Heat/Spurs, who gets better?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heat get better

10 76.92%
  • Spurs get better

0 0%
  • Both get better

0 0%
  • Neither get better

3 23.08%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which team gets better - Duncan/Bosh swap

There have been a lot of good thread ideas from other conversations lately. What if the LeBron Heat from 11-14 swapped Tim Duncan for Chris Bosh.

Which team gets better? Do both? Do both get worse?

How would it change each teamís offense and defense?

The Heat would get better. But Duncan was the Spurs best player, Bosh was only MIA's #2.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    There have been a lot of good thread ideas from other conversations lately. What if the LeBron Heat from 11-14 swapped Tim Duncan for Chris Bosh.

Which team gets better? Do both? Do both get worse?

How would it change each teamís offense and defense?
    Oh oh I know! The Spurs get worse and the Heat get better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

poor spurs

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

People have too much time on their hands..

Not even worth mentioning... Bosh wasn't half as good as Duncan was and did nothing close as good as what Duncan could. And that was Duncan in his old age... Bosh was at his physical prime. Just goes to show how Bosh is overrated considering he was a 'top PF' and LeBron haters say Bosh was a top ten player.

In those years, it's actually worth a convo, only because Bosh was in his peak and TD looked old and fading. Obviously his resurgence after those couple of down years makes this an easier debate, but it's a legit question.

Heat get better though. Spurs don't.

No question Heat gets better.

I think the Heat would get better defensively but worse offensively. Duncan was a better defensive 5 for sure and that would greatly help MIA. Offensively though, Bosh had developed into a great Bron-ball center. Duncan wouldn't have fit as well.

SA gets worse on both ends. On defense, like I said Duncan is just better. Offensively they were built as a team oriented machine that utilized a traditional big like Duncan so it'd be a drop off to go to Bosh.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I think the Heat would get better defensively but worse offensively. Duncan was a better defensive 5 for sure and that would greatly help MIA. Offensively though, Bosh had developed into a great Bron-ball center. Duncan wouldn't have fit as well.

SA gets worse on both ends. On defense, like I said Duncan is just better. Offensively they were built as a team oriented machine that utilized a traditional big like Duncan so it'd be a drop off to go to Bosh.
    I don't see them getting worse offensively but we'd also have to consider how much different the Heat would be if they had Duncan. Those Heat teams were built differently after their first season as a Big Three. More shooters were added and a lot more veteran presence. Bosh had a better midrange but it wasn't like Timmy couldn't knock down those shots. Timmy could also post up and pass the ball down in the post better than Bosh. Wade+Bron were very good cutters but it was usually those two setting each other up rather than a traditional big forcing a double and finding a cutter. My one big problem that I've had always with Bosh was he had no answer for bigs that were just bigger than him. None. He couldn't stop them defensively and offensively, the only thing he could do was settle for mid range shots. Duncan, even at that old age, was capable of still dominating bigs offensively. Defensively, there really isn't a discussion to be had. Prime LeBron was a nightmare defensively and Duncan was still one of the best at defending the rim.

There was actually a thread back in 2011 asking if Duncan should have retired at the end of that season

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    There was actually a thread back in 2011 asking if Duncan should have retired at the end of that season
    And we had a thread saying LeBron is the GOAT.

What is your answer?

I think neither team gets better.

I don't think Timmy would be able to handle playing 35 minutes a night on average over those years. He was logging 28 a night in San Antonio. The Heat also played much faster than the Spurs.

Offensively I think Bosh could've helped the Spurs more than Timmy. I just don't think Bosh could handle the defensive responsibility that Duncan continued to hold down in his old age. Duncan hadn't become a liability on D yet and Bosh was never able to handle "bigger" big men.
    HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

From 2011-14 the Heat get better. It wasn't peak Bosh.

If Bosh and Duncan were in their prime from 2011-14, then the Spurs get better.

/end thread
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    And we had a thread saying LeBron is the GOAT.

What is your answer?
    The real answer is that Duncan wouldn't have made such a switch.

Now the hypothetical answer is that Duncan makes the Heat even better but Bosh doesn't ruin the Spurs' chances to advance to a Finals within the same 4 year period that they made it to two finals. Whether it's 0, 1, 2, 3 or 4 times depends on many parameters outside of Bosh's or Duncan's quality, as RS standings could also change for Spurs, there's the chemistry issue etc. But I'd give most odds to 1 time in the Finals. Probably in 2012. And they'd lose in 4 or 5 to Heat.

Duncan's indispensable at San Antonio, he makes the team click. Even if you add Dirk there who I assume is widely considered the best PF of that time, the results wouldn't be as good probably.
    Last edited by NYKalltheway; 05-28-2020 at 02:13 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast