Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm one of the crazy ones that thought him on the T-Wolves would work. Two star wings and a star big.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    I'm one of the crazy ones that thought him on the T-Wolves would work. Two star wings and a star big.
    I mean....you weren't alone by any means. I think a lot of people thought the Bulls changeover would go easier with him. Then the TWolves would be great to have those young guys that need some direction. Then the Sixers would be great due to needing an on ball wing.

I think guys like Butler you can always find reasons that it should work for the player and the team. But I get the sense that he's the type of guy that either will rub a lot of guys wrong or just grate them down over time. If I were a FO executive talking about how to guild around him, it would take 1-2 key parts around him that will work with that personality, but most the team would be on 2-3 year contracts and continually refresh the team so they don't tire of him and he constantly has guys around him that are willing to buy in.

If you consider Wiggins a star. He did more to hold that squad back.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I mean....you weren't alone by any means. I think a lot of people thought the Bulls changeover would go easier with him. Then the TWolves would be great to have those young guys that need some direction. Then the Sixers would be great due to needing an on ball wing.

I think guys like Butler you can always find reasons that it should work for the player and the team. But I get the sense that he's the type of guy that either will rub a lot of guys wrong or just grate them down over time. If I were a FO executive talking about how to guild around him, it would take 1-2 key parts around him that will work with that personality, but most the team would be on 2-3 year contracts and continually refresh the team so they don't tire of him and he constantly has guys around him that are willing to buy in.
    He's someone that stood in his own way because he's always been on good teams. Replace Butler with Kawhi on any of those squads and chances are atleast two of them make the finals. He never lacked talent around him. Butler is just a goof. I'm glad it's working out in miami but we'll see how long that lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

Well I thought his cult of personality would raise the intensity of Towns and Wiggins. Instead it seems like the opposite. Butler's personality is more like Artest. Competitive in a negative way and you need leaders around him.

Kristaps Porzingis

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    If you consider Wiggins a star. He did more to hold that squad back.
    In retrospect yes but at the time Butler joined them Wiggins was 21 years old and had just averaged 24ppg on splits of 46/36/76 with a solid 7 free throw attempts per game.

I fully admit I felt he was an upcoming star at the time.

Kristaps Porzingis

In retrospect yes but at the time Butler joined them Wiggins was 21 years old and had just averaged 24ppg on splits of 46/36/76 with a solid 7 free throw attempts per game.

That's fair, I'm actually wanting to see how Wiggins does surrounded by vets and guys with championship pedigree. If he doesn't get traded, GS is probably the best place for him.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    I feel like the league has a problem where too many young players don't seem to care enough about the competitiveness of the game as much as they should. I understand both sides, honestly. Wiggins just never seemed to get it but was getting paid $30 million per year. He had all the talent but it really hasn't amounted to what people expected. Towns is too much of a pansy. Seeing him wrestle Joel has changed that a bit but people see him as soft. Butler wasn't doing that to Rondo, Wade, and veterans. He's a terrible leader but I respect his grind for the game.
    How bout Chicago? Philly? Again, the guy is a diva who is good, but will find himself unemployed the nanosecond his abilities drop enough for him to not be worth the baggage.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    That's fair, I'm actually wanting to see how Wiggins does surrounded by vets and guys with championship pedigree. If he doesn't get traded, GS is probably the best place for him.
    GS is the best place for everybody. Wiggins would be a $30 million dollar Harrison Barnes 2.0 replacement.

Kristaps Porzingis

Who was our other star wing?

That was actually a bad season. They weren't winning, Wiggins was playing 37 minutes per game and took 20 shots per game. To only score 24 on 20 shots per game means Wiggins was taking way too many shots and not capable of getting to the line or make threes. Just way too inefficient of a player in today's game. Not to mention he couldn't rebound, create, or defend at even an average level. He's a product of having the shots available to him due to being on a poor team.

You should have just read my 1200 posts on Wiggins back then and you would have known better haha

You weren't considered crazy at the time at all lol, it was the other viewpoint (it wouldn't work) that was considered crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Who was our other star wing?
    Butler
    Wiggins

Kristaps Porzingis

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    That was actually a bad season. They weren't winning, Wiggins was playing 37 minutes per game and took 20 shots per game. To only score 24 on 20 shots per game means Wiggins was taking way too many shots and not capable of getting to the line
    He was 10th in the NBA in free throws attempted that season.

or make threes.
    He was shooting 36% on 3.5 attempts per game as a 21 year old. I don't know if we could say he's not capable based on that.

Kristaps Porzingis

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast