Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Does Butler have the same personality as MJ?

In the last dance series it seems like a lot of the modern players have come out and stated that Jordan's bullying of players would not work in todays modern league. As a timberwolves fan it seems to me that Butler might have the same competitive edge as MJ with the same bantering style of approach to deal with his teammates. Is this what causes Butler to only stick with a team a few years and have to be in the correct atmosphere? Do you think Jacksons attitude towards coaching and respect that he commanded helped the bulls? Where as with the timberwolves, bulls and sixers butler didn't really have that strong coach to keep the team connected? What are your thoughts on butlers attitude compared to mjs in the last dance?

No

I mean he might, just doesn't have any of the accolades to back it up or warrant that kinda attitude lol

Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post
    In the last dance series it seems like a lot of the modern players have come out and stated that Jordan's bullying of players would not work in todays modern league. As a timberwolves fan it seems to me that Butler might have the same competitive edge as MJ with the same bantering style of approach to deal with his teammates. Is this what causes Butler to only stick with a team a few years and have to be in the correct atmosphere? Do you think Jacksons attitude towards coaching and respect that he commanded helped the bulls? Where as with the timberwolves, bulls and sixers butler didn't really have that strong coach to keep the team connected? What are your thoughts on butlers attitude compared to mjs in the last dance?
    Butler going to play for Heat with Riley and Spo who has managed ego's himself seems like a good fit and kinda fits with the mentoring idea/fit.

I don't know if the attitudes are quite the same or anything but the hyper competitiveness and trash talking/bullying guys etc. does seem to fit some.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I mean he might, just doesn't have any of the accolades to back it up or warrant that kinda attitude lol
    I disagree. Jimmy Butler's rise in the league has been very impressive and deserves appreciation. He grew up homeless (according to reports) and climbed his way into the league while not expected to be much of a contributor for the Bulls. The dude earned his way up in the league the right way so I believe he's the perfect person to have that attitude.

maybe? But unless you are one of the all timers, you aint getting away with that. No front office, or teammate, will take an all star level player with that personality for long. Now, will they take a top 1-2 player ever who is THE reason you are winning chips? Probably..

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    I disagree. Jimmy Butler's rise in the league has been very impressive and deserves appreciation. He grew up homeless (according to reports) and climbed his way into the league while not expected to be much of a contributor for the Bulls. The dude earned his way up in the league the right way so I believe he's the perfect person to have that attitude.
    while I want to believe you, and I have read about his background, there are 2 sides to all stories. After seeing how Jimmy is, do you think it's possibly he burnt bridges even at a young age, and was kind of pushed away from home to a degree because neither the parents nor Jimmy could co-exist? I am only saying, Jimmy has this, "me against the world" personality, which is fine, but will clash with most people at some point.

2 sides man. Jimmy gets to tell his without anyone replying to his version of the stories...

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    while I want to believe you, and I have read about his background, there are 2 sides to all stories. After seeing how Jimmy is, do you think it's possibly he burnt bridges even at a young age, and was kind of pushed away from home to a degree because neither the parents nor Jimmy could co-exist? I am only saying, Jimmy has this, "me against the world" personality, which is fine, but will clash with most people at some point.

2 sides man. Jimmy gets to tell his without anyone replying to his version of the stories...
    Or is it possible that Jimmy had a rough upbringing and climbed his way up through adversity so now when he sees his teammates play like pansies (aka Towns), he is visibly frustrated because he sees so much talent being wasted when he had to grind it out? I don't see winners having a problem with Jimmy Butler's game. I only see crybabies who are what many people call soft in the league complaining about Jimmy B. I respect Jimmy's game because he was a nobody and turned into a top 10-15 player in the league.

A hard life doesn't give anyone a right to treat their peers like trash. He got his feelings hurt in Chicago, Minnesota and Philadelphia, I hope it works out in Miami for him.

maybe? But unless you are one of the all timers, you aint getting away with that. No front office, or teammate, will take an all star level player with that personality for long. Now, will they take a top 1-2 player ever who is THE reason you are winning chips? Probably..
    I also think it takes the right FO and right teammate to make it work. No one wants to be Pippen any more so no one will fall in line like that.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I also think it takes the right FO and right teammate to make it work. No one wants to be Pippen any more so no one will fall in line like that.
    If you win a reasonable amount of games guys usually get along well enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Or is it possible that Jimmy had a rough upbringing and climbed his way up through adversity so now when he sees his teammates play like pansies (aka Towns), he is visibly frustrated because he sees so much talent being wasted when he had to grind it out? I don't see winners having a problem with Jimmy Butler's game. I only see crybabies who are what many people call soft in the league complaining about Jimmy B. I respect Jimmy's game because he was a nobody and turned into a top 10-15 player in the league.
    Nobody needs to respect him the way he thinks he deserves though. His constant chip on his shoulder mentality, and believing everyone must function the same or they don't care is simply just being a difficult person to get along with.

When you are the constant in the equation of all the issues, you is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    If you win a reasonable amount of games guys usually get along well enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2004-05 Wolves say hi

Nobody needs to respect him the way he thinks he deserves though. His constant chip on his shoulder mentality, and believing everyone must function the same or they don't care is simply just being a difficult person to get along with.

When you are the constant in the equation of all the issues, you is the problem.
    I feel like the league has a problem where too many young players don't seem to care enough about the competitiveness of the game as much as they should. I understand both sides, honestly. Wiggins just never seemed to get it but was getting paid $30 million per year. He had all the talent but it really hasn't amounted to what people expected. Towns is too much of a pansy. Seeing him wrestle Joel has changed that a bit but people see him as soft. Butler wasn't doing that to Rondo, Wade, and veterans. He's a terrible leader but I respect his grind for the game.

2004-05 Wolves say hi
    Yup. Butler has been on winning teams and still rubbed guys the wrong way.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast