Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unemployment

Unemployment

What should we do about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    What should we do about it?

Not much except try weather the storm till things open up... then we will know how many people are still unemployed. If it's still in the teens then we might need to do some massive infrastructure projects to get a bunch of people employed for the next few years through the depression, and hopefully we will have an Obama era recovery.... Slow and steady wins the race.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Not much except try weather the storm till things open up... then we will know how many people are still unemployed. If it's still in the teens then we might need to do some massive infrastructure projects to get a bunch of people employed for the next few years through the depression, and hopefully we will have an Obama era recovery.... Slow and steady wins the race.
    Man, Obama's economy was a BEAST! Theres no way we could gave expected Trump to sustain that tho..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Give more money to the big corporations so they can hire more people! Tricked down economics duh!

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Give more money to the big corporations so they can hire more people! Tricked down economics duh!
    The saddest part of this statement is that this is exactly what has happened and is being planned — by both parties, mind you — for further so-called relief.

For the previous post from today’s NY Times.

While President Trump and his allies in Congress seek to tighten access to food stamps, they...quietly allocated $135 billion...for the likes of wealthy real estate developers.

My Times colleague Jesse Drucker notes that Trump himself, along with his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, may benefit financially from this provision. The fine print was mysteriously slipped into the March economic relief package, even though it has nothing to do with the coronavirus and offers retroactive tax breaks for periods long before Covid-19 arrived.

Senator Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island and Representative Lloyd Doggett of Texas, both Democrats, have asked the Trump administration for any communications that illuminate how this provision sneaked into the 880-page bill. (Officially, the provision is called “Modification of Limitation on Losses for Taxpayers Other Than Corporations,” but that’s camouflage; I prefer to call it the “Zillionaire Giveaway.”)

Don't worry if that trickle down looks golden...
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

I don’t think Amazon should be getting more hand outs but isn’t propping up businesses going to have to be part of it? I know I’m not going to the bar the first weekend.

Lol you guys are quite sad

Dramatically loosen building permits to encourage growth and streamline building industries and the industries that supply them, and also help reduce housing prices.

Require the government at every level buy from US manufacturers with products that are at least 50% made of and assembled in the US.

Unemployment benefits based on the CARES act are insanely high (so high it's FAR better to be unemployed than employed), they will go back down at some point, but they should also probably be shortened. That's a tough one for me to say, and certainly a tough sell, but I do think unemployment has become too much incentive to not work full time.

Get business out of health care benefits. Make it cheaper to employ people and companies will employ more people.

That one of course needs ... health care for all. I prefer my idea, but something has to be done and sooner is better than later.

Government sponsored apprentice programs for all trades. Pay half of an apprentice salary to encourage small businesses and craftspeople to teach their trade to others for some cheap novice help.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Lol you guys are quite sad

What’s the problem?

Offer sweetheart loans on land purchases to people who spend 2 years working on other people's farms.

How much money can people get in unemployment because of the CARES Act? Like weekly (or monthly or however they dole it out).

Unemployment

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    How much money can people get in unemployment because of the CARES Act? Like weekly (or monthly or however they dole it out).
    Idk I think the max weekly benifit varies state to state but cares added 600 a week to whatever it was. In NJ the max rate is 600 I think. That’s a big jump. I could be totally wrong

Last edited by ewing; 05-24-2020 at 07:37 PM.

China spent $700 billion, got their numbers under control quicker than us, has sent an entire buildable hospital to Italy, sent 25 medical teams around the world, and even forgiven major debts owed to them by African nations.

Their politicians are just smarter. Their politicians simply have higher functioning level of intelligence. They are capitalizing on the epidemic in numerous manners and it will be even more obvious once the smoke settles.

These disastrous economic policies are going to catch up to us. So much money has been wasted.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast