Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Can a player HURT their legacy by playing past their prime?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes a lot

1 11.11%
  • Yes a little

2 22.22%
  • Not at all

6 66.67%
  • Only Dwight Howard

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    What do you mean? Like where does he rank all-time? I havent made an official list out that far but Im pretty certain hed be Top 100 and possible closer to 50, but Id have to do a ranking.
    I've not either but I just never really thought of him like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Seems like you are a hater

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Actually he sounds completely sane. Are you saying otherwise because he was on your team? What part of that description does not apply? He is very similar to DeRozan in that if he is on the floor and the ball is not in his hands you get jack contribution

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Seems like you are a hater

Nice counter man. Called a hater because Melo is only a scorer, cool lol please enlighten me on all those titles and MVPs he has. Ya know what forget that, tell me about the finals he lost like Chuck, Ewing, Malone, Stockton and Reggie

Can a player HURT their legacy by playing past their prime?

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Nice counter man. Called a hater because Melo is only a scorer, cool lol please enlighten me on all those titles and MVPs he has. Ya know what forget that, tell me about the finals he lost like Chuck, Ewing, Malone, Stockton and Reggie
    Those guys were pretty good so was Steve Nash, Grant Hill, Bernard King, Nique, C Webb

Last edited by ewing; 05-24-2020 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Melo holds a 25-48 (34% winning percentage) playoff record, that screams greatness!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Actually he sounds completely sane. Are you saying otherwise because he was on your team? What part of that description does not apply? He is very similar to DeRozan in that if he is on the floor and the ball is not in his hands you get jack contribution

No I was never a huge Melo fan. I think I like all the finals losers he mentioned in his other post more then Melo. The notion that he was never anything in this league is still absurd.

Last edited by ewing; 05-24-2020 at 06:22 PM.

Melo holds a 25-48 (34% winning percentage) playoff record, that screams greatness!
    Is this a tennis forum?

You are one who seems like you are screaming. He was a very good basketball player who did more then take contested turnarounds.

Last edited by ewing; 05-24-2020 at 06:38 PM.

For a little context I agree with Vlade that Melo is outside top 50 and inside 100. Id put him in a similar area as Chris Webber.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Is this a tennis forum?
    Yeah man he never had anyone around him, his supporting casts were trash 🙄

You are one who seems like you are screaming. He was a very good basketball player who did more then take contested turnarounds.

He was/is a good scorer, that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Does anyone really claim that Dirk is a top 10 player?
    I think he barely makes top 20 mentions. For someone defeating an alleged top 5 player at his peak as well as Wade and Bosh, you'd expect much more. Especially when you see Lebron claiming he's the greatest ever for beating the Cavs in 2016 who don't really look that much more impressive than the 2011 Heat if you don't look at the details (ie they were defending champs and had the best RS record, but pound for pound they were not as impressive as the 11 Heat). And fans also say that he's a lock for top 5 after that.

Seems like double standards to me and recency bias and media bandwagonism.
    The rest of his career doesn't make him worthy of the top 10 discussion. If he doesn't have that championship ring people would have him in the 5-7 range for PFs. The debate would be with like him and Kevin McHale. Dirk has the MVP but McHale was a 2 way stud. However, because of that title he is in the 2-4 range where some people argue him over KG / Barkley / Malone. Malone for example was clearly the superior regular season player but Dirk's 7 game series win over the Heat makes it a debate. I really think that is deserving full credit.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think he peaked his 2nd from last year in Orlando as far as reputation. For me he was looking around around 16. Now, after proving to be a bad teammate and a big of a mental midget he's closer to 25. Had he maintained his standard from the first orlando years at a 2nd team then he would probably have maintained his place, but he conclusively proved that his game applied to a fairly limited situation.
    I appreciate you taking the time to put numbers on it. So you had him around the 16th best center of all-time and then dropped him to "closer to 25" because you feel that he overachieved in Orlando (a fairly limited situation). Since that is almost a 10 spot drop I am curious who are just a few names of centers that you THOUGHT he had surpassed and then changed your mind.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

For a little context I agree with Vlade that Melo is outside top 50 and inside 100. Id put him in a similar area as Chris Webber.

Man Chris Webber was a much better player although he too wasted plenty of his potential.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    The rest of his career doesn't make him worthy of the top 10 discussion. If he doesn't have that championship ring people would have him in the 5-7 range for PFs. The debate would be with like him and Kevin McHale. Dirk has the MVP but McHale was a 2 way stud. However, because of that title he is in the 2-4 range where some people argue him over KG / Barkley / Malone. Malone for example was clearly the superior regular season player but Dirk's 7 game series win over the Heat makes it a debate. I really think that is deserving full credit.
    I very much doubt Dirk ends up Top 20-25 player ever without that 11 Ring, especially considering he was known as a choke artist prior with his biggest moments being him losing the series to the Heat in 06 and losing as the #1 seed to the Warriors.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast