Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    This reminds me when everyone kept putting zion in all of their lineups and got disappointed we didn't draft him

#lamelonotcoming

Logically if cole really slid down and we pick at 7 or 8 im trading back picking up another asset an cole

The Knicks have two models (I posted it almost 3 months ago in the Draft Thread):

1. All-in on the marque name: LaMelo Ball brings talent and hype. If the Knicks don't land in position to draft him, it'll be very, VERY costly with future picks over years and assets.

2. Draft Cole Anthony then modestly use the Dallas pick plus a second rounder to trade back up and draft Haliburton. Similar to when the Pistons drafted Lindsey Hunter and Allan Houston. Knicks have their future back court and they wouldn't lose any future first rounders.

I'll be very interested to see what happens next with the Knicks. This draft will say a lot about the new Front Office.

Not sure how I feel about trading up in a draft where thereís no consensus top guy. If they are sold on him they should absolutely do what they can but he needs to be a franchise changer or itís a big error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Not sure how I feel about trading up in a draft where thereís no consensus top guy. If they are sold on him they should absolutely do what they can but he needs to be a franchise changer or itís a big error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Absolutely correct

No one's talking about moving a KP or an RJ to move up, if we give up a couple of late 1sts to move up and it doesn't pan out it's far from the end of the world. Knicks have been awful for 20+ years, we have nothing left to lose.

Where would LaMelo have gone in last year's draft? I would say somewhere between 2 and 4, with 2 being unlikely, but the more likely scenarios being either immediately before RJ (#3) or after RJ (#4). I do not see him going lower than #4, with guys like Darius Garland and Deandre Hunter being considered better than him.

So, with that in mind, you don't think there's reason to trade up for an RJ-caliber talent when there's a clear drop off after LaMelo and Edwards?

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    This reminds me when everyone kept putting zion in all of their lineups and got disappointed we didn't draft him

#lamelonotcoming
    We have no other hope at this point lol. Don't see any definite day one game changers in this draft besides maaaaaybe Edwards. We also don't have enough to trade for anybody of value. We're stuck in limbo.......for now

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    No one's talking about moving a KP or an RJ to move up, if we give up a couple of late 1sts to move up and it doesn't pan out it's far from the end of the world. Knicks have been awful for 20+ years, we have nothing left to lose.
    I wouldn't make any moves in desperation. If say we get the 6th pick I wouldn't do it because just because the price will be too steep. I would trade our 2020 2 1st round picks, 2022 1st round pick(2021 is a good draft), and another one of the Dallas pick. That still might not be enough

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    I wouldn't make any moves in desperation. If say we get the 6th pick I wouldn't do it because just because the price will be too steep. I would trade our 2020 2 1st round picks, 2022 1st round pick(2021 is a good draft), and another one of the Dallas pick. That still might not be enough
    thats not desperation, if you like a guy go for him, just like DAL did with Doncic.

thats not desperation, if you like a guy go for him, just like DAL did with Doncic.
    They went from 3 to 2 tho

Yea I'm dumb

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    They went from 3 to 2 tho
    from 5 to 3... but it wont take all of what you wrote above, no one has ever gotten that kind of package to move up a few.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Logically if cole really slid down and we pick at 7 or 8 im trading back picking up another asset an cole
    Yeah I like trading back more than trading up.

LaMelo Ball definitely tops on the Knicks draft board

KP and RJ shouldnít be in the same sentence as far as value goes.

Iíd rather give up RJ for LaMelo than trade any picks.

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast