Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    What about their floors?
    LaMelo's floor is a 6'7" Rajon Rondo type though he hasn't really shown the defensive acumen yet. He definitely has the tools and BBIQ to be a very good defender. IMO that's a pretty high floor.
    Last edited by SK6; 05-25-2020 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    LaMelo's floor is a 6'7" Rajon Rondo type though he hasn't really shown the defensive acumen yet. He definitely has the tools and BBIQ to be a very good defender. IMO that's a pretty high floor.
    Yeah I was just making the point that projecting these prospects as future Lillards, Hardens, etc is putting the cart before the horse. Thereís been posters here who were saying draft Cole & Nico as our starting backcourt next year when reality is both those guys are likely coming off the bench next season, and maybe beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    All these guys arenít going to be stars lol
    I know itís crazy how we rate prospects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

At worst, I see him as a Rubio-type player. I donít think itís fair to say Rondo without the D, as that was a key to his game. He was a game changer on both sides

Rajon is probably a HOF pg and was a post season beast on a championship level team for multiple years. If that is Ballís floor letís go get him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

LaMelo Ball definitely tops on the Knicks draft board

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    At worst, I see him as a Rubio-type player. I donít think itís fair to say Rondo without the D, as that was a key to his game. He was a game changer on both sides
    Rubio is a very good defender too though. Trading up for a bigger Rubio without the defense would be a nightmare IMO. LaMelo is probably going to try and score more than Rubio does, and his efficiency is a big question mark.

The upside is good enough where I would take him if heís available where we pick, but thereís too much downside in trading multiple 1sts for him. I doubt the Knicks take this kind of risk.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 05-25-2020 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    What about their floors?
    Hayes has a pretty high floor left handed livingston i dont like him for us bkuz of his shooting problems but i wouldn't be mad

Now cole has a low floor like Shane larkin

Hali has a good floor also from day 1 he brings defense and a 3 pt shot

You guys are also buggin on ball obviously his ceiling is sky high and he most likely gets there or atleast close

But his floor is pretty low rondo lol nah
    His floor is his brother which isn't horrible but you guys are making it seem like he's the best pg to come out in a while lol

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Rubio is a very good defender too though. Trading up for a bigger Rubio without the defense would be a nightmare IMO. LaMelo is probably going to try and score more than Rubio does, and his efficiency is a big question mark.

The upside is good enough where I would take him if heís available where we pick, but thereís too much downside in trading multiple 1sts for him. I doubt the Knicks take this kind of risk.
    Rubio isnít prime Rondo on defense. Not even close. Also not prime Rondo on offense

And Iím saying this as someone that doesnít dislike Rubio. Iím just saying the type of player I see as Balls floor. I think thereís a definite good chance heís better. Iíd definitely take him

Rondo could dominate games without shooting/scoring
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 05-25-2020 at 07:25 PM.

Rubio isnít prime Rondo on defense. Not even close. Also not prime Rondo on offense

And Iím saying this as someone that doesnít dislike Rubio. Iím just saying the type of player I see as Balls floor. I think thereís a definite good chance heís better. Iíd definitely take him

Rondo could dominate games without shooting/scoring
    Yeah but Iím just saying that Rubio is a good defender. Much better than heís given credit for.

Rondo was nothing special on offense. He was fortunate enough to play with greats like KG, Pierce, and Allen. He was always horribly inefficient outside of 2-3 seasons in his career. Great defender.

Yeah but Iím just saying that Rubio is a good defender. Much better than heís given credit for.

Rondo was nothing special on offense. He was fortunate enough to play with greats like KG, Pierce, and Allen. He was always horribly inefficient outside of 2-3 seasons in his career. Great defender.
    Iíd disagree with that. If youíre basing that on scoring, yes. But the dude put double figure assists or very close a bunch of times, and led the league multiple times. I disagree he was fortunate to play with them, he was as much a factor to success than any of them.

Anyways, heís better than Rubio. If Ball is Rubio, Iím happy. If Ball is Rondo, Iím happier. If Ball is better than that, heís a star
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 05-25-2020 at 08:53 PM.

Iíd disagree with that. If youíre basing that on scoring, yes. But the dude put double figure assists or very close a bunch of times, and led the league multiple times. I disagree he was fortunate to play with them, he was as much a factor to success than any of them.

Anyways, heís better than Rubio. If Ball is Rubio, Iím happy. If Ball is Rondo, Iím happier. If Ball is better than that, heís a star
    Once that group started to break up, Rondo was making no impact on Boston whatsoever. He was getting double-digit assists because he couldnít score outside of lay-ups and never looked to shoot.

Iím not happy if we trade up for LaMelo and he ends up being a worse-defensive version of Rubio. Thatís a disaster.

Once that group started to break up, Rondo was making no impact on Boston whatsoever. He was getting double-digit assists because he couldnít score outside of lay-ups and never looked to shoot.

Iím not happy if we trade up for LaMelo and he ends up being a worse-defensive version of Rubio. Thatís a disaster.
    I said ďif heís RubioĒ. If heís worse, no thanks. But hypothetically, if we draft someone thatís a solid starter, Iíll take it

I also think itís strange to say, but if youíre actually trying to win titles, the PG that plays well alongside other good players may be better than the guy whoís more of the heavy lifter
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 05-25-2020 at 09:48 PM.

I said ďif heís RubioĒ. If heís worse, no thanks. But hypothetically, if we draft someone thatís a solid starter, Iíll take it

I also think itís strange to say, but if youíre actually trying to win titles, the PG that plays well alongside other good players may be better than the guy whoís more of the heavy lifter
    Iíd be happy if we draft LaMelo and he becomes a solid starter, but not if we trade multiple assets to be able to pick him.

I think that efficiency and defense are key. Itís hard not to be a good team when you excel in those areas. Someone like Rondo wasnít a good scorer, but he was a very good playmaker and played great defense that made up for his inefficient scoring.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 05-26-2020 at 12:37 AM.

LaMelo Ball isn't just billed as the next solid starter.

LaMelo Ball is being billed as the next Jason Kidd. Numbers lean towards Ball. Kidd played a little college ball at the University of California. Ball plays in Oz. The best Aussie league players are Luc Longley & Patty Mills. Doesn't say much about competition.

Whoever drafts Ball will pay him well and deal with the media circus and pressure to make HIM a winner.

Rajon Rondo was surrounded by THREE of the greatest 50 players in the history of the NBA:

1. Ray Allen: One of the most accurate shooters in the history of the NBA. Hall of Famer.

2. Paul Pierce: One of the best 4th quarter assassins and 2-way player. Hall of Famer. Hall of Famer.

3. Kevin Garnett: A locker room leader. Motivator. While he was past his prime, he was STILL good enough.

Then the Rondo Effect:

1. Ray Allen left for Miami d/t a fight with Rondo. Never bothered to show up to the Ring Ceremony d/t Rondo.

2. Rick Carlisle punched Rondo during practice AND WON.

3. Rondo was bench in Chicago on Rondo bobblehead day.

You can't make this up.
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; 05-26-2020 at 09:23 AM.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast