Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Lonzoís shot form was completely awful though. His right elbow would actually come across his face. If anything itís impressive he was able to shoot such a high % in college with such a poor shooting form.

Itís funny because Tyreseís shot off the dribble actually looks pretty good, but he doesnít use that same form from 3 at all and it doesnít go in nearly as often. Gonna be interesting to see if he needs to make adjustments on his 3 because his release is actually pretty quick and he has very long range.
    Yeah I donít expect Hali to be a pull up 3 guy in the NBA, thatís just not really his game which I understand is somewhat of a weakness now as you ideally want your PG to be a threat to do that...

But Iíd just be surprised if you saw a giant change to his shot form. The Fultz situation is a bit of an anomaly. I know Kevin Martin is now from like a long ago era lol but Haliburtonís shot reminds me a bit of his. Itís not exactly the same but K-Martís form was super funky but it went in.

Kevin Martin had a slow, ugly shot. He still got it off and shot well over a long career. I was actually just bringing him up, as I realized he was mentioned the post above this

Halliburton may not have the best looking shot, but he does get it off pretty quickly. Not set in stone it wonít work

Halisburton only attempted 1.2 free throws per game and shot 78% in college. that's really concerning to me and why i've soured on him a bit.

Kmart lived at the FT line in college and shot 84%

Is it necessary for a point guard to lead his team in free throw attempts?

A perfect example was PF Karl Malone who shot ridiculous number of free throws per game. Stockton made a career out of dishing to the mail man, though I would never say Stockton wasn't worth of his HOF credentials.

RJ Barrett led all rookies in free throw attempts: 4.54/game. As for the NBA top ten, outside of Spencer Dinwiddle the list is filled with expected cast of leading scorers.

As it stands, the Knicks are very "meh" team of free throw shooters except Frank Ntilkina who is the FT% leader but coach Mike Miller doesn't encourage him to drive the ball where he can use that sick 7 foot wing span.

Even if the Knicks hit pay dirt and get LaMelo Ball or Killian Hayes to complete the French Connection w/ Franky Nicotine....they STILL need a finisher.

I'm not going to go too crazy with FT yet.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Halisburton only attempted 1.2 free throws per game and shot 78% in college. that's really concerning to me and why i've soured on him a bit.

Kmart lived at the FT line in college and shot 84%
    To be honest I rather the Knicks take Nesmith over Haliburton.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Is it necessary for a point guard to lead his team in free throw attempts?

A perfect example was PF Karl Malone who shot ridiculous number of free throws per game. Stockton made a career out of dishing to the mail man, though I would never say Stockton wasn't worth of his HOF credentials.

RJ Barrett led all rookies in free throw attempts: 4.54/game. As for the NBA top ten, outside of Spencer Dinwiddle the list is filled with expected cast of leading scorers.

As it stands, the Knicks are very "meh" team of free throw shooters except Frank Ntilkina who is the FT% leader but coach Mike Miller doesn't encourage him to drive the ball where he can use that sick 7 foot wing span.

Even if the Knicks hit pay dirt and get LaMelo Ball or Killian Hayes to complete the French Connection w/ Franky Nicotine....they STILL need a finisher.

I'm not going to go too crazy with FT yet.
    it means he's not attacking the paint and or shies away from contact. no one said lead the team, but 1 FT per game is pathetic for a guy that was a scorer.

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    To be honest I rather the Knicks take Nesmith over Haliburton.
    Agreed. I'm not a Hali fan.

it means he's not attacking the paint and or shies away from contact. no one said lead the team, but 1 FT per game is pathetic for a guy that was a scorer.
    As previously stated, Frank Ntilikina can't shoot more free throws if Miller is screaming on the side lines to dump the ball off to Julius Randle or RJ Barrett.
    He's not allowed to think because that's how he was benched for half a season the last 2 yrs under Fizdale for not doing as he's told. He HAS to play within a system.

Mike Miller IS a Fizdale assistant. The team hasn't changed that much.

Still miserable.

By the way, shooting free throws means nothing if you're FT% stinks. Example, Cole Anthony gets to the line almost twice as often as Haliburton. But Cole Anthony's efficiency is "bleh" which is why he's dropping to mid first rounder while Haliburton's stock is 6-10 range.

As previously stated, Frank Ntilikina can't shoot more free throws if Miller is screaming on the side lines to dump the ball off to Julius Randle or RJ Barrett.
    He's not allowed to think because that's how he was benched for half a season the last 2 yrs under Fizdale for not doing as he's told. He HAS to play within a system.

Still miserable.

By the way, shooting free throws means nothing if you're FT% stinks. Example, Cole Anthony gets to the line almost twice as often as Haliburton. But Cole Anthony's efficiency is "bleh" which is why he's dropping to mid first rounder while Haliburton's stock is 6-10 range.
    Miller told him if you donít look like a deer in the headlights at least 50% of the times on offense your going to the G league

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Still miserable.

cole shot 75% at the FT line, Hali was 77% in college, hardly a big difference, out of every 100 attempts Hali hits 2 more... woopy doo., Hali was 69% his freshman year btw.

cole shot 75% at the FT line, Hali was 77% in college, hardly a big difference, out of every 100 attempts Hali hits 2 more... woopy doo., Hali was 69% his freshman year btw.
    According to basketball reference...

Haliburton FT% 82.2% NOT 77%

7% is significant.

Cole Anthony is a 39% FG shooter. He drives like a newborn, flopping and screaming on the floor after he misses with the drive. He has no control. No restraint. Every shot looks good in his eyes.

Haliburton FG% is 50.4% which means he's processing shot selection and not personal numbers.

THAT'S my point.

Here's a REASON why this guy's stock is dropping faster than ENRON since the NBA stopped the season.
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; 06-14-2020 at 10:26 AM.

I dunno what's the issue but some Knick fans BUY a guy who scores a lot on a bad team is going to translate well. It often doesn't.

Remember before Christian Wood, Tobias Harris was the flavor. Knick fans begged management to get him from Detroit.

The Clippers celebrated getting him off the books. Philly gave in to his demands. They can't wait to dump him.

Empty numbers.

Find the guy who makes the guys around him BETTER.

According to basketball reference...

Haliburton FT% 82.2% NOT 77%

7% is significant.

Cole Anthony is a 39% FG shooter. He drives like a newborn, flopping and screaming on the floor after he misses with the drive. He has no control. No restraint. Every shot looks good in his eyes.

Haliburton FG% is 50.4% which means he's processing shot selection and not personal numbers.

THAT'S my point.

Here's a REASON why this guy's stock is dropping faster than ENRON since the NBA stopped the season.
    that was last year, overall in college he was 77%. really it's hard to get a gauge because he just rarely shot FT's. For most of last year Hali was around 75% at the FT line then he hit a few in a row at end of season. he only took 68 FT's in his two college seasons so a few makes affects is % a lot.

Hali played 22 games this year and in almost half the games (10) he didn't attempt a single FT, it's def a concern, especially with a PG like Frank already on this roster.

we need a PG that can attack north to south and not just go east to west.

Hali played 22 games this year and in almost half the games (10) he didn't attempt a single FT, it's def a concern, especially with a PG like Frank already on this roster.

we need a PG that can attack north to south and not just go east to west.
    A PG like Frank may not be on the roster much longer

And honestly, PGs donít have to play the penetration/ kick game as much anymore. If a guy has all the other skills needed, itís fine. Not saying itís not good to have, but Hali has all the other pieces.

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast