Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    Knox is a 20 year old that has only played 1 full season. He has a sweet stroke and is working hard to get better.
    Yet fans feel he is on his last chance.

This is exactly why no young player that is a project can be developed on the Knicks.

It's also the reason the team has sucked this entire century. The team does not want to develop its players. The Knicks want every other team to do the hard work for them. They will trade every 1st round pick or young player for any over hyped middle of the road player then wonder why they still suck.
    The teams that put in the work to develop their players should reap the rewards not the thief hiding around the corner.
    Lakers were patient with Kobe, Bucks with Giannis, Spurs with Kawhi etc. Develop your project players and you'll reap the rewards.
    When you drop down from year 1 (terrible rookie year ) to a beyond terrible year 2 of course there is reason to be worried. He doesnít ďhave a sweet strokeĒ heís shown flashes of being able to shoot but heís wxtremly inconsistent. His shot stinks right now. Please Kobe Leonard and Giannis all showed flashes of stardom by year 2. They werenít stars by year 2 but they improved. Year 3 they took another step. By year 4 they were stars. If Knox shows no improvement again then heís done here. Donít act like itís normal for players to be terrible their first 3 years. The % of players that sucked in their first 3 years and turned out to be good are very low. The ones that turned out to be stars like the 3 guys you mentioned is probably under 1%. Now do I think Knox canít imrpove? No I think he could be a very good player. But to think this isnít his last chance if he ***** the bed is crazy. He better show some kind of improvement heís gone
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    How do you know Knox is working hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Iíd hope he is.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

https://twitter.com/sny_knicks/statu...64421507436544

#waittillhe's23

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I saw him post his workout last week so he must be working hard, right?
    Heís regarded as one of the more hardworking guys on the team, fwiw (not much).

Ok. Kevin Knox has only 1 year left before his rookie contract is up. He is a RFA. There is a one year TEAM option of around $5M.

Why would a guy who has lost playing time want to be on the Knicks? It wouldn't shock me if he demands a trade. He's definitely not happy. He definitely feels the Knicks have buried him.

Whether or not you feel it's justified...know this, the Knicks and Knox are not on the same page. This is why I'm concerned and believe the Knicks are going to ship this guy out sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    When you drop down from year 1 (terrible rookie year ) to a beyond terrible year 2 of course there is reason to be worried. He doesnít ďhave a sweet strokeĒ heís shown flashes of being able to shoot but heís wxtremly inconsistent. His shot stinks right now. Please Kobe Leonard and Giannis all showed flashes of stardom by year 2. They werenít stars by year 2 but they improved. Year 3 they took another step. By year 4 they were stars. If Knox shows no improvement again then heís done here. Donít act like itís normal for players to be terrible their first 3 years. The % of players that sucked in their first 3 years and turned out to be good are very low. The ones that turned out to be stars like the 3 guys you mentioned is probably under 1%. Now do I think Knox canít imrpove? No I think he could be a very good player. But to think this isnít his last chance if he ***** the bed is crazy. He better show some kind of improvement heís gone
    I said this same thing last page. Just because someone is young, doesnít mean he gets better. Or becomes a star. Even in year one, those guys mentioned were already defending, and showing they belonged in limited roles. Then the step forward to bigger minutes/role in year 2. Knox went from terrible, to terrible

And actually, Kobe was an all star in year 2.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I saw him post his workout last week so he must be working hard, right?
    Got it

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Heís regarded as one of the more hardworking guys on the team, fwiw (not much).
    I think Iíve heard that said about everyone who ever been on the team at some point. I can see listening to the way Barrett talks, plays, and seems to have a rep, and believing that he is probably a worker but most of time I chalk it up as PR

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I think Iíve heard that said about everyone who ever been on the team at some point. I can see listening to the way Barrett talks, plays, and seems to have a rep, and believing that he is probably a worker but most of time I chalk it up as PR

I also find it funny how people always default to ďheís a hard worker, he will figure it outĒ. Most guys that get to the pros are hard workers, thatís how they got so good. Majority of players donít fail because they donít work hard

Are there guys that fail because they donít work hard enough, of course. But I donít think itís as common as people make it out to be

"Knicks brass is also encouraged because it considers Knox arguably the teamís hardest worker. Pre-shutdown, Knox would come to the Tarrytown campus at night to get extra shots up."

https://nypost.com/2020/03/29/what-n...knicks-future/

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I also find it funny how people always default to ďheís a hard worker, he will figure it outĒ. Most guys that get to the pros are hard workers, thatís how they got so good. Majority of players donít fail because they donít work hard

Are there guys that fail because they donít work hard enough, of course. But I donít think itís as common as people make it out to be
    I don't know that I agree that most guys that get to the pros are hard workers. Maybe toward the back end of the draft, but at the front end, where the younger guys are picked, I imagine a lot of them have skated by on their superior ability, athleticism, etc.

With that said, I agree that working hard doesn't mean you're automatically going to get better. But it's better than not working hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    I don't know that I agree that most guys that get to the pros are hard workers. Maybe toward the back end of the draft, but at the front end, where the younger guys are picked, I imagine a lot of them have skated by on their superior ability, athleticism, etc.

With that said, I agree that working hard doesn't mean you're automatically going to get better. But it's better than not working hard.
    Yeah, one of the key things you see in all scouting reports and videos is work ethic and motor.

Year after year. "He as talent, but will he put in the work to get there."

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    That narrative doesnít fit. Kobe, Giannis and Kawhi all played defense. And all of them showed plenty of flashes in year one. And then took a nice step forward in year 2. Knox was an inefficient offensive player, and terrible defensive player in year one. Year 2, more of the same. If he came out and showed progress, people would be a lot less negative about his future. Not a done deal, but itís not a good sign. Especially when heís so deficient on the defensive end

KP developed fine. Mitch is moving along ok. Even Frank has at least improved. If Knox is still struggling big time in year 3, thereís a problem
    Knox has definitely shown flashes, looks to improve defensively and has been working on improving his conditioning. Again Knox has only played 1 full season and half of another. At the end of next season he would have 2.5 years of experience under his belt. It basically took Frank 2.5 years before he started to show improvement.
    I can agree Knox should show some type of noticeable improvement by the middle of next season.
    Not every player develops at the same rate and that is something to consider when evaluating these players.

Most people just don't have the patience to see the development of a raw player through.

The Knicks knew when they drafted Knox he was a very raw player but decided they would take him knowing he was a long term project.
    The team should do what is right and see it through.

KP played pro since he was very young and came from the Spanish league which is the #2 ranked league in the world. If the Knicks had to develop him during those years many would have said KP sucks and we should get a 2nd round pick for him. Those pro years KP had would have been the equivalent of Knox staying in college for a couple of more years which would have benefitted him immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Ok. Kevin Knox has only 1 year left before his rookie contract is up. He is a RFA. There is a one year TEAM option of around $5M.

Why would a guy who has lost playing time want to be on the Knicks? It wouldn't shock me if he demands a trade. He's definitely not happy. He definitely feels the Knicks have buried him.

Whether or not you feel it's justified...know this, the Knicks and Knox are not on the same page. This is why I'm concerned and believe the Knicks are going to ship this guy out sooner than later.
    The team should pick up his $5 million and put in the work to develop him.
    A stronger Knox that can play defense, be a 3 point threat and a fast break threat is exactly what this team needs.
    It's obvious he has a ways to go but he'll definitely get there. There's no doubt in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    Knox has definitely shown flashes, looks to improve defensively and has been working on improving his conditioning. Again Knox has only played 1 full season and half of another. At the end of next season he would have 2.5 years of experience under his belt. It basically took Frank 2.5 years before he started to show improvement.
    I can agree Knox should show some type of noticeable improvement by the middle of next season.
    Not every player develops at the same rate and that is something to consider when evaluating these players.

Most people just don't have the patience to see the development of a raw player through.

The Knicks knew when they drafted Knox he was a very raw player but decided they would take him knowing he was a long term project.
    The team should do what is right and see it through.

KP played pro since he was very young and came from the Spanish league which is the #2 ranked league in the world. If the Knicks had to develop him during those years many would have said KP sucks and we should get a 2nd round pick for him. Those pro years KP had would have been the equivalent of Knox staying in college for a couple of more years which would have benefitted him immensely.
    People have patience, when they see a likely payout at the end. Main problem with Knox, he seems to lack that compete level thatís necessary, that confidence. At least from what he projects on the court. That, and the fact he is going to have to be very good/efficient on the offensive end to make up for his completely negative contributions on defense.

At least Frank at least can bring defensive contributions, in theory, to kind of make up for offensive deficiencies. I also feel like Knox is inbetween 3 and 4. Gets bullied by stronger 4s, and doesnít move well enough or fast enough to stay with good 3s. Still a lot of work to be done.

Itís not a done deal yet, but there needs to be progress soon

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast