Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    KP and RJ shouldn’t be in the same sentence as far as value goes.

I’d rather give up RJ for LaMelo than trade any picks.
    That would be one step forward then one step back. Makes no sense. Mitch or RJ should only be traded if we are making a move for a Bradley Beal type player.
    Last edited by cssdmark; 05-27-2020 at 06:18 PM.

LaMelo Ball definitely tops on the Knicks draft board

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Where would LaMelo have gone in last year's draft? I would say somewhere between 2 and 4, with 2 being unlikely, but the more likely scenarios being either immediately before RJ (#3) or after RJ (#4). I do not see him going lower than #4, with guys like Darius Garland and Deandre Hunter being considered better than him.

So, with that in mind, you don't think there's reason to trade up for an RJ-caliber talent when there's a clear drop off after LaMelo and Edwards?
    If LaMelo was in last year’s draft, we surely would have taken him so he would have went 3rd.

I wouldn’t trade up for an RJ caliber talent. I’d rather stay put and take a Coby or Reddish.

In this year’s draft, that’s probably Tyrese or Cole.

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    That would be one step forward then one step back. Makes no sense.
    How so? We get to keep our Top 10 lottery pick as well as all of our other picks. We can surround LaMelo and Mitch with shooters.

How so? We get to keep our Top 10 lottery pick as well as all of our other picks. We can surround LaMelo and Mitch with shooters.
    The top ten besides possibly the top three are not worth moving RJ for but then we are taking a step back or staying stagnant we need to add to RJ and Mitch not switch out

I’ve never been a fan of RJ. But he has a lot more value that late firsts. A lot more..

that's nuts, again we're talking late 1st's.

i guess you mean RJ instead of the #6? even then no way, RJ would be #1 or 2 pick in this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post

i guess you mean RJ instead of the #6? even then no way, RJ would be #1 or 2 pick in this draft.
    Yes.

LaMelo Ball definitely tops on the Knicks draft board

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post

The proposed packages have been: #6, #27, #38 and Knox or Mavs pick for the rights to draft LaMelo.

You wouldn’t do RJ for LaMelo straight up? How is that nuts? We’re trading one question mark for another question mark, but one at a much larger position of need who fits the modern NBA better.

I’d rather build around LaMelo and Mitch while surrounding them with 2-3 shooters at the 2, 3, and 4.

We’d keep the 6th pick to fill one of those spots (maybe someone like Deni, Toppin, or Okoro) and still have assets/cap to fill the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I’ve never been a fan of RJ. But he has a lot more value that late firsts. A lot more..
    RJ for LaMelo straight up meaning we keep our lottery pick.

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Not sure how I feel about trading up in a draft where there’s no consensus top guy. If they are sold on him they should absolutely do what they can but he needs to be a franchise changer or it’s a big error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Absolutely correct
    How many times has the consensus top guy or someone who most feel is an absolute game changer for a franchise ever been traded? Yet, draft trades happen and the team trading up benefits a lot of the time.

You guys that are continuing to say that you won’t trade unless it’s the consensus top guy are essentially saying that you don’t believe teams should trade period since trades don’t happen for that player. Doncic was a rare case based on “questions” around him. I can guarantee you that in other years Ayton, Simmons, Towns, AD, Zion, etc. were never even available for trade.

The kinds of players that move in deals like this are Marbury, Ray Allen, Vince Carter, Pau Gasol, Kevin Love, Mayo, Trae Young, Deron Williams...guys who are considered good prospects but aren’t the consensus top player on anyone’s board. It’s easy to look at these players now and be like they’re all All Star talents, but it wasn’t a guarantee when they were drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Where would LaMelo have gone in last year's draft? I would say somewhere between 2 and 4, with 2 being unlikely, but the more likely scenarios being either immediately before RJ (#3) or after RJ (#4). I do not see him going lower than #4, with guys like Darius Garland and Deandre Hunter being considered better than him.

So, with that in mind, you don't think there's reason to trade up for an RJ-caliber talent when there's a clear drop off after LaMelo and Edwards?
    I think he would go 4. He would likely go top 5 in most years which is both of our points. Meanwhile people are arguing for players that are all over the board in a weak draft. Where would those guys go in other years in comparison? My guess is that most would be mid-late lottery picks or even outside of the lottery in a strong year.
    Last edited by smood999; 05-27-2020 at 07:16 PM.

The proposed packages have been: #6, #27, #38 and Knox or Mavs pick for the rights to draft LaMelo.

You wouldn’t do RJ for LaMelo straight up? How is that nuts? We’re trading one question mark for another question mark, but one at a much larger position of need who fits the modern NBA better.

I’d rather build around LaMelo and Mitch while surrounding them with 2-3 shooters at the 2, 3, and 4.

We’d keep the 6th pick to fill one of those spots (maybe someone like Deni, Toppin, or Okoro) and still have assets/cap to fill the rest.
    yea i realized you meant RJ instead of the #6.

but RJ has more value and is already somewhat of a known quantity, trading him would be another step backwards and there's just no way we would trade him anyway so not worth discussing.

RJ for LaMelo straight up meaning we keep our lottery pick.
    I would not. I think as much as I’ve been skeptical of RJ, I think he winds up at least a pretty good player. There’s no one in this draft I’m confident will be better

I’d much prefer just moving up if needed. Or stay put, and try trading up for a mid first
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 05-27-2020 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    We have no other hope at this point lol. Don't see any definite day one game changers in this draft besides maaaaaybe Edwards. We also don't have enough to trade for anybody of value. We're stuck in limbo.......for now
    I’m more worried that Edwards is a more physically gifted Dion Waiters than LaMelo completely flaming out. LaMelo is at least a high IQ player whose game isn’t reliant on scoring. There are things that he does that players in the league cannot do.

Edwards could easily be Waiters or he could be Mitchell. Neither outcome would be surprising.

Rj for lamelo

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast