Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

LaMelo Ball definitely tops on the Knicks draft board

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    The point is, none of those guys blew anyone away with their college statistics.

Youíre essentially proving mine and Smoodís point that there are other reasons why players are valued scouting-wise other than statistics. Kawhi and Giannisí measurables. Westbrookís freak athleticism.

Even looking at Trae, for most of the year his numbers were downright bad in college. He ended up shooting 42% from the field on the season - worse than RJ at Duke. Yet nobody questioned Atlanta taking him at 5.
    Yeah I get that, I just think Smood was taking it to the extreme like I only judge based on stats though. At least not when it comes to college players. Otherwise I would have Tyrese as my #1 PG.

Btw Trae attempted 10 3s a game at Oklahoma. He shot 49% from 2PT range (RJ was 53%) and went to the FT line 9 times a game shooting 86%. Combine that with his speed and playmaking ability and he seemed like a lock for success in the NBA. Now if he could only play some defense...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Also Iím not really sure what youíre talking about with Donovan Mitchell. As a sophomore, he shot 40% from the field and 35% from 3. His TS% and eFG% was worse than RJís as a freshman. If you add in Donovanís freshman year it gets worse, as he was a much worse three point shooter.
    They had the same career TS% from what Iím looking at, but Mitchell created for himself more off the dribble and was a volume 3PT shooter with good touch at the line. Now his mid-range game is pretty elite in the NBA while his 3PT shooting might take the next step soon. As a freshman, he didnít play nearly as much so the sample size was a lot smaller.

Anyone that watched RJ in college knew he used his strength to bully defenders in the paint. Thatís usually not a sustainable model in the NBA unless youíre a freak of nature like LeBron or something. I would love to see RJ gain 10-15 lbs and play the 3.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Why though? RJ could easily become a shooter. Itís not like his form is broke or anything. I also think you squeeze a knockdown shooter at the 2 and run RJ at the 3 thatís a perfect look. Maybe Knox becomes our stretch 4 eventually. Iím still hopeful on Knox. Lamelo RJ Mitch and hope Knox becomes a good 2 way guy is the best case imo. Iím not against the other prospects at all I like Hayes, Lewis, hali and Devi I just trust Lamelo more and want to have a good PG prospect for once. I also havenít given up on frank as a player but I think him as a Franchise PG is over.
    Maybe, I hope he does. I said this before, I think the best we could hope for is a Kelly Oubre shooting type of progression. I just want him to hit his FTs more than anything. Heís going to draw contact with his playstyle, so he needs to knock those down.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Maybe, I hope he does. I said this before, I think the best we could hope for is a Kelly Oubre shooting type of progression. I just want him to hit his FTs more than anything. Heís going to draw contact with his playstyle, so he needs to knock those down.
    Heíll be fine. Need more space
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

First knox is trash now rj sux smfh dude literally has no idea on player development

I guess everyone needs to be like mj or lebron as a rookie or they are a bust smdh

Btw lamelo isn't gonna contribute day 1 i could only imagine the post about him if we draft him

I think mid to late first is being overrated to some, at some point if you feel strongly about a player then trading say a 6th and a Dallas pick you have to make that move.

Knicks I remember that try out with Mitchell and thought he was the pick, then they passed and he's the steal of the draft, and that was no trade up either.

If Ball is your guy and I'm in agreement then that pick means nothing, yea you can throw that in a trade later but isn't that what your doing know for a very young possible Franchise player that won't cost 40m for years?

The Knicks need a lot, so going this route in my opinion is smart, my question depends on the draft order and who has the first shot at Ball that is willing to even drop back only for one of those Dallas picks?

Might cost a bit more again just my opinion, but I know if it was reversed many here would not want to trade down all for one of those Dallas picks.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    First knox is trash now rj sux smfh dude literally has no idea on player development

I guess everyone needs to be like mj or lebron as a rookie or they are a bust smdh
    Knox better come out firing next season. This is his last shot here. If he doesnít show improvement heís gone
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Btw lamelo isn't gonna contribute day 1 i could only imagine the post about him if we draft him
    Heís goinv to contribute oh god. Heís not going to be a superstar from day 1 but to think heís not going to contribute on this team.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Any talent will improve the Knicks.

There are a lot of questions to be answered. Who is the focal point? How are the Knicks going to play? Etc.

I think Kevin Knox is a good kid but it doesn't say much when RJ Barrett was drafted just after his rookie season? Knox goes from starter to part-time bench warmer/part-time healthy scratch. I'll be shocked if the Knicks don't move him before the new season has begun.

There are no guarantees in the draft but the higher up, the more control/possibilities over the quality of players available.

I just know that the Knicks are definitely a three year project. You need an elite point guard. An elite inside player. elite wing. Right now, they have very, VERY young guys who can go either way.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Knox better come out firing next season. This is his last shot here. If he doesnít show improvement heís gone
    Knox is a 20 year old that has only played 1 full season. He has a sweet stroke and is working hard to get better.
    Yet fans feel he is on his last chance.

This is exactly why no young player that is a project can be developed on the Knicks.

It's also the reason the team has sucked this entire century. The team does not want to develop its players. The Knicks want every other team to do the hard work for them. They will trade every 1st round pick or young player for any over hyped middle of the road player then wonder why they still suck.
    The teams that put in the work to develop their players should reap the rewards not the thief hiding around the corner.
    Lakers were patient with Kobe, Bucks with Giannis, Spurs with Kawhi etc. Develop your project players and you'll reap the rewards.
    Last edited by SK6; 06-02-2020 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    Knox is a 20 year old that has only played 1 full season. He has a sweet stroke and is working hard to get better.

This is exactly why no young player that is a project can be developed on the Knicks.

It's also the reason the team has sucked this entire century. The team does not want to develop its players. The Knicks want every other team to do the hard work for them. They will trade every 1st round pick or young player for any over hyped middle of the road player then wonder why they still suck.
    The teams that put in the work to develop their players should reap the rewards not the thief hiding around the corner.
    Lakers were patient with Kobe, Bucks with Giannis, Spurs with Kawhi etc. Develop your project players and you'll reap the rewards.
    That narrative doesnít fit. Kobe, Giannis and Kawhi all played defense. And all of them showed plenty of flashes in year one. And then took a nice step forward in year 2. Knox was an inefficient offensive player, and terrible defensive player in year one. Year 2, more of the same. If he came out and showed progress, people would be a lot less negative about his future. Not a done deal, but itís not a good sign. Especially when heís so deficient on the defensive end

KP developed fine. Mitch is moving along ok. Even Frank has at least improved. If Knox is still struggling big time in year 3, thereís a problem

Beautiful man... Couldn't have said it better myself. I don't feel like LeMelo will be an instant star like Knicks fans always demand for some reason... Jeremy Lin topped off early and got worse every season because he could never duplicate what he did his rookie season, MCW same thing. Frank, Knox, Trier, RJ and Mitch all mismanaged talent. Guarantee if Donovan Mitchell was drafted by the Knicks that he isn't the Spida Mitchell the Jazz have developed him to be.

Knicks need FO guys who know what they have and a coach who knows how to use them. Hopefully Leon Rose and Thibodeau are guys who make Frank look like the lockdown guy we saw his rookie season who gave everyone hell. Knox is that aggressive stud we saw in SL his rookie year, I hope we keep Trier and he becomes that instant offense "Microwave" scorer that he was most of the time when he got playing time.

RJ and Mitch looked like hopeful NBA young players even though absolutely no system or coaching was implemented during their short career so far.

Add LeMelo or Kira or Cole with proper coaching and at least 2 of the young talents on this team will reach their potential.

How do you know Knox is working hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    How do you know Knox is working hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I saw him post his workout last week so he must be working hard, right?

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast