Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

LaMelo Ball definitely tops on the Knicks draft board

Ok, no more opinions or guessing who the Knicks want to draft first. Thing is what if the Knicks aren't in position to draft him?

Will they use assets to move up?

What assests get them in position to draft him?

More important questions to fans like me are... Who will control Lavar Ball in New York City? 😳

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ba-draft-board
    Last edited by Knicks Boogie; 05-23-2020 at 01:01 PM.

Good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Ok, no more opinions or guessing who the Knicks want to draft first. Thing is what if the Knicks aren't in position to draft him?
    Will the use assets to move up?
    What assests get them in position to draft him?

More important questions to fans like me are... Who will control Lavar Ball in New York City? 😳

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ba-draft-board
    My guess as I stated before is it costs our pick plus the Dallas picks. Obviously thatís speculation but itís my best guess.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    My guess as I stated before is it costs our pick plus the Dallas picks. Obviously thatís speculation but itís my best guess.
    I'd do our pick plus one Dallas pick and our 2nd round pick this year.

I'm not convinced KP will stay healthy so one of those Dallas first round picks might be valuable in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    I'd do our pick plus one Dallas pick and our 2nd round pick this year.

I'm not convinced KP will stay healthy so one of those Dallas first round picks might be valuable in the future.
    Why people gotta harp on that Dallas wishful thinking?

That shop has sailed.

They have two franchise players. Young and movable assets. Cap space to add players (depending on corona impact). And, they have their own pick this year PLUS likely a top3 second round pick.

In what world do people think Dallas is suddenly fall off?

It is not like they are going to fire their GM and coach and hire Mills and Fizdale.

Just let it be. In all likelihood those will be picks in bottom third of first round.

If they trade up and give significant draft capital he better be a superstar.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    If they trade up and give significant draft capital he better be a superstar.
    Agreed. Otherwise just take Hayes.

Hopefully we can lose our final 5 games to make the decision easier.

Hopefully Lavar can wish this into existence like he did with Lonzo & LA, Ball is very clearly the best PG prospect.

You know what's a good way to save assets?

By not trying to win meaningless games with players that have no future on this team and subsequently not being forced to trade said assets.

Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    You know what's a good way to save assets?

By not trying to win meaningless games with players that have no future on this team and subsequently not being forced to trade said assets.
    Doesnít get much simpler than that

Unfortunately, this team canít get out of its own way

LaMelo Ball definitely tops on the Knicks draft board

Yeah I really donít want to trade up for Ball. Sorry.

Iíll take him if heís there when we pick, but thatís it.

I doubt this new FO with the guys we brought in will make a move like that. Iím sure they will want those picks to make their mark.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Yeah I really donít want to trade up for Ball. Sorry.

Iíll take him if heís there when we pick, but thatís it.

I doubt this new FO with the guys we brought in will make a move like that. Iím sure they will want those picks to make their mark.
    well at least that's an improvement...lol

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well at least that's an improvement...lol
    Lol thatís generally been my sentiment over the last month or so though. I really like Hayes, but if I have the option of both Iíd have to go LaMelo just for his sheer potential. But Iím good with Hayes, Tyrese, or Lewis if we pick further down. I donít think those guys are far off with Tyrese being the safest, but probably with the lowest upside. Iím not all-in on LaMelo to the point of wanting to deal multiple assets for him.

Newsflash. Lamelo Ball is at the tops of EVERY NBA team's draft board including the Golden State Warriors.

If Paul George requires at least four First Rounders...Anthony Davis requires 3 future First rounders...and this is the NBA where the team who has the rights will overrate and screw the other team...

The Knicks will need at least 3 future first rounders, one of which will be unprotected in order to get a team to talk.

The other times the Knicks stood pat?

Donnie Walsh drafting Jordan Hill and not swapping with Minnesota who wanted just one future first rounder to hop over Golden State and get Steph Curry.

Scott Perry who didn't entertain Atlanta wanting to trade out of the spot for the right to get Luka Doncic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Newsflash. Lamelo Ball is at the tops of EVERY NBA team's draft board including the Golden State Warriors.

If Paul George requires at least four First Rounders...Anthony Davis requires 3 future First rounders...and this is the NBA where the team who has the rights will overrate and screw the other team...

The Knicks will need at least 3 future first rounders, one of which will be unprotected in order to get a team to talk.

The other times the Knicks stood pat?

Donnie Walsh drafting Jordan Hill and not swapping with Minnesota who wanted just one future first rounder to hop over Golden State and get Steph Curry.

Scott Perry who didn't entertain Atlanta wanting to trade out of the spot for the right to get Luka Doncic.
    It only costed Dallas 1 extra 1st rounder to go up from 5th to 3rd pick and that got them a bona-fide Super Star in the making in Luka Doncic.
    Draftees are still a some what unknown quantity.

PG13 and AD are already Super Star players without anything to prove in the NBA except maybe winning a chip.
    That's different than trading up a couple of slots.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast