Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    But you know things can happen that change that. It does not account for injuries or other teams that are rising. For example I know one team people are sleeping on is the Pels. They could be very good by then. The tougher the west is, the harder it will be for the Mavs to be good.
    I do agree with this. Teams fluctuate between the 3 seed and 8 seed in the West and Portland is an example of how overall there's just little room for error.

It is a gamble, but I don't think it's a bad one. It's still more likely than not that those picks are in the 20's.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    I would say Ball is definitely a better prospect than Fox was. Fox just outplayed his prospects early on.
    I agree.

The Knicks are at a pivotal moment in their history. Might be coming off their most embarrassing and lowest point in history both on and off the court.

On top of that, their draft picks' futures are largely dependent upon whether you're an optimist or a pessimist.

LaMelo Ball does NOT make the Knicks a playoff team but he's the first and only position where the Knicks would create a mismatch against the opposition.

Then the Knicks need to draft NOT overpay for an iconic power forward with an outside shot to compliment Mitchell Robinson down low.

Then the Knicks need to draft NOT overpay for a 2-way shooting guard.

This is all assuming: RJ Barrett can hold the small foward position. Frank Ntilikina can be that SF-SG-PG off the bench shutdown defender and Knick version of Vinnie the Microwave Johnson putting in 12PPG-15PPG. Mitchell Robinson actually develops a jump shot, some post moves, and bulks up. Kevin Knox finds his soul.

Again, I'm cautiously hopeful.

But first...the Knicks gotta send a message that they'll do whatever it takes to get their man. We're not a lucky franchise...we gotta create our own luck.

LaMelo Ball definitely tops on the Knicks draft board

I would trade up for Morant level talent. So it's not just a Zion or AD talent level. It has to be for someone better. There has to be more certainty. Ball isn't even the consensus first pick. In fact, in many mocks he is going 3rd or 4th.
    Agreed. I see LaMelo on the RJ-tier and no I wouldnít trade up for that. Iíd rather have more picks and try to find diamonds in the rough like Mitch with our later picks. This team is rebuilding and needs quality young players to build around for the future.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 06-16-2020 at 05:40 PM.

Taking on 3 years of Wiggins bloated contract and losing 3 firsts is pretty close to the farm though.
    Yup thatís a horrendous deal. Just for LaMelo? Wow.

LaMelo Ball definitely tops on the Knicks draft board

I donít see how LaMelo is a better prospect than Fox was. I think Fox would be the #1 pick in this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Yup thatís a horrendous deal. Just for LaMelo? Wow.
    It's not like Knicks will be good in 3 years every time we say it's not worth trading because it's so expensive yet here we are at same stage of rebuilding 101 since forever. Remember when we didn't want to give up Lee and picks for Curry or when we thought moving up for Westbrook was too steep of a price. Unless Knicks get legit talent they are not going anywhere because they don't have a clue how to build a roster the only thing that can save them is KP or Linsanity from this hellhole.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

There's been a lot of talk about how much the Knicks should give up/trade/etc in order to move up and let me tell you....if the Knicks are DUMB enough to wait 3 yrs, they're going to lose ALL of their young players except for RJ Barrett and MAYBE Mitchell Robinson if they re-sign him to a big deal (and he wants a huge deal). Those rookie deals will definitely expire except for RJ in just a couple more seasons.

And the Knicks will lose them like they're about to lose Dotson and Trier for NOTHING.

Exhibit A The 2009 NBA Draft:

1. Blake Griffin: Traded to Detroit for Tobias Harris whom the Clips didn't even re-sign.

2. Hasheem Thabeet: Is he even playing?

3. James Harden: OKC traded this guy to Houston because they couldn't afford him.

4. Tyreke Evans: Is he even playing?

5. Ricky Rubio: On his 3rd team?

6. Jonny Flynn: Is he even playing?

7. Steph Curry: Dropped because he was too skinny and his ankles could give him chronic problems.

8. Jordan Hill: Donnie Walsh stated, he had no opportunity to trade up. He took the best player available.

There is no sure thing in life but if a Front Office has their eyes set on someone...move heaven and earth to get that guy.

I don't want to hear any more of this, "Oh no one wanted to make a deal..." or Perry's BS: We stood pat but we got value. The Knicks have allegedly got all this "young talent" but no one is willing to buy in nor are they any better.

Go out and get your man.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223