Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lebron Jordan or Magic Bird?

You might be inclined to call this a no-brainer at first since Jordan/James are first and second in good number of peoples books but I feel like there is some redundancy there and am more intrigued by the length, athleticism, shooting range, insane basketball IQ of a Magic Bird combination.

Which would you prefer or would you imagine being the better player?

Personally I'm not totally convinced that Lebron Jordan is the way to go. People will kill me for this but I dont think merging those 2 players improves on either one much.

For the longest time it was acknowledged that even though Lebron got his in a different way that he was pretty much as unstoppable from scoring as Jordan was (when he attempted to) and so the biggest criticism on him was his willingness or preference to pass the ball. Remove that theoretical weakness from James game and you have something that looks an awful lot like the guy you are merging him with. Same goes for Jordan - make him more of a passer and you are giving the GOAT what basketball fans consider a weakness in their all-time greats.

Defensively obviously Jordan adds plenty to James though.

But Magic Bird takes 2 top 10 players all-time with very different attributes, I just feel like the upside is greater because of that.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Michael James

As I learned last post season the team with the best player wins. Michael James for me.
    HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

LBMJJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    As I learned last post season the team with the best player wins. Michael James for me.
    Thatís funny, thought you would learned about how majorly injuries to key players can be the difference. 😉

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Thatís funny, thought you would learned about how majorly injuries to key players can be the difference. 😉
    Where was that attitude in 2016? 😗😗😗
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 05-20-2020 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Where was that attitude in 2016? 😗😗😗

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mdeo7Q2E5cE
    Last edited by TrueFan420; 05-20-2020 at 06:31 PM.

😂😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    You might be inclined to call this a no-brainer at first since Jordan/James are first and second in good number of peoples books but I feel like there is some redundancy there and am more intrigued by the length, athleticism, shooting range, insane basketball IQ of a Magic Bird combination.

Which would you prefer or would you imagine being the better player?

Personally I'm not totally convinced that Lebron Jordan is the way to go. People will kill me for this but I dont think merging those 2 players improves on either one much.

For the longest time it was acknowledged that even though Lebron got his in a different way that he was pretty much as unstoppable from scoring as Jordan was (when he attempted to) and so the biggest criticism on him was his willingness or preference to pass the ball. Remove that theoretical weakness from James game and you have something that looks an awful lot like the guy you are merging him with. Same goes for Jordan - make him more of a passer and you are giving the GOAT what basketball fans consider a weakness in their all-time greats.

Defensively obviously Jordan adds plenty to James though.

But Magic Bird takes 2 top 10 players all-time with very different attributes, I just feel like the upside is greater because of that.

defensively jordan adds plenty to james? this just isnt true... hell the things guy got away with defensively back then is nuts and lebron with those rules and his size in the 90s isnt fair... jordan is a great defender but james got robbed of the same DPOY award jordan won....

the answer still is james/jordan and its not close... both are damn near perfection in terms of all around dominance

Good to see it's still salty in San Francisco. It's not my fault that Kyle Lowry mustered up the strength to play through his injury while your guys couldn't.
    HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Magic with birds shooting touch would be a very interesting player

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    defensively jordan adds plenty to james? this just isnt true... hell the things guy got away with defensively back then is nuts and lebron with those rules and his size in the 90s isnt fair... jordan is a great defender but james got robbed of the same DPOY award jordan won....

the answer still is james/jordan and its not close... both are damn near perfection in terms of all around dominance
    But neither were great shooters and I think that's where Magic Bird would have the advantage.

The way I see it is if people can say that Steph Curry is arguably the 2nd best PG of all-time and could rise to top 10 by the time his career is over than I don't see why Magic Bird couldn't be the best player of all-time because clearly defense is not being weighted even close to even.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Good to see it's still salty in San Francisco. It's not my fault that Kyle Lowry mustered up the strength to play through his injury while your guys couldn't.
    Oakland my man Oakland. Huge difference.

Am I crazy for thinking Pippen-Bird is more interesting than Magic-Bird?

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast