Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Yeah thank you for pointing that, my son is almost 6 years old and every week his fckin teacher send me 40 pages of homework, 40 pages every week at 6 years old???? Are you fckin kidding me?!?!?!? So yeah I guess we do a lot more than what his teacher gives him in class. Now I'm good lol thanks for asking and what about you?
    Iím fine. Doing pretty well under the circumstances. Memorial Day is not fun for me. My son And wife are pretty cool with me.

"I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    As a teacher myself, you guys have no idea how hard it is.. 20 or more brats err kids in your classroom acting like wild animals at times because their parents donít discipline them and well you canít really do much nowadays yourself. The worst part is dealing with the parents. I hate a lot of them because they are annoying as ****.
    Lmao. Now I get the hostility. My brother in law is a second grade teacher and has taught elementary for 22 years. Also teaches in a very low income area in San Diego. Some of the stories he tells me breaks my heart. A couple of the parents have even asked my bro in law to ask us if we would adopt their child. That blew us away. I can see my bro in law drained by June. He just comes over during Memorial Day weekend every year and sleeps. Kudos to you. Much appreciate you. I think NPH is also a teacher.

I volunteered at my sons class before this mess and his class is incredible. The kids are incredible. His teacher told me that itís her best class in her 14 years. I guess I donít have a good reference point. Have to admit a couple of hours every week doesnít constitute anything near what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Lmao. Now I get the hostility. My brother in law is a second grade teacher and has taught elementary for 22 years. Also teaches in a very low income area in San Diego. Some of the stories he tells me breaks my heart. A couple of the parents have even asked my bro in law to ask us if we would adopt their child. That blew us away. I can see my bro in law drained by June. He just comes over during Memorial Day weekend every year and sleeps. Kudos to you. Much appreciate you. I think NPH is also a teacher.

I volunteered at my sons class before this mess and his class is incredible. The kids are incredible. His teacher told me that itís her best class in her 14 years. I guess I donít have a good reference point. Have to admit a couple of hours every week doesnít constitute anything near what you do.
    My brother is a high school history teacher at a charter school in LA for low income families. 99% of those kids come from either a fatherless family or are first generation Americans. When dealing with their parents he usually has to have the kid translate for him. Some of the stories are absolutely soul crushing. They never had a sports program there, so my brother started a baseball team last year. They went 0-19 haha but at least the kids had something to look forward to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a teacher myself, you guys have no idea how hard it is.. 20 or more brats err kids in your classroom acting like wild animals at times because their parents donít discipline them and well you canít really do much nowadays yourself. The worst part is dealing with the parents. I hate a lot of them because they are annoying as ****.
    I kinda thought that you had a teacher in the family when i jokingly talked about how teachers ask for 5 packages (20 count) of pencils on their school supply list. That's 100 pencils and there's only like 150 school days, a whole pencil for every day and a half. My poor children lol...

You were quick to say it's so they can share with other kids. My kids must be doing alot of sharing cause they're always asking for more pencils haha....

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    I kinda thought that you had a teacher in the family when i jokingly talked about how teachers ask for 5 packages (20 count) of pencils on their school supply list. That's 100 pencils and there's only like 150 school days, a whole pencil for every day and a half. My poor children lol...

You were quick to say it's so they can share with other kids. My kids must be doing alot of sharing cause they're always asking for more pencils haha....
    Actually, most schools split up the school supplies between the entire class..

Actually, most schools split up the school supplies between the entire class..
    Wassup with next school year, you know anything yet?

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    My brother is a high school history teacher at a charter school in LA for low income families. 99% of those kids come from either a fatherless family or are first generation Americans. When dealing with their parents he usually has to have the kid translate for him. Some of the stories are absolutely soul crushing. They never had a sports program there, so my brother started a baseball team last year. They went 0-19 haha but at least the kids had something to look forward to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ya my bro in law has the same exact situation. He started the after school sports program. My wife and I bought whatever they needed and after that we contribute a small amount every year. He does speak Spanish really well now but in the first few years it was hard for him to communicate. He is the only blond haired blue eyed dude in the school. Some of his students even call him Dad. It's sad and very real. I came out of situations like that also but was very lucky to get adopted by a great woman and have a Priest help me out and pay for my school. I was very lucky. Props to your brother. LOL he actually might be my bro in law.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Wassup with next school year, you know anything yet?
    I've asked my bro in law the same question and he has no clue. They have no idea but have some tentative plans to reduce the class size by half with desks 6 feet apart. I don't know how they are going to do the social distancing thing with children. What is going to happen to the other half of the class? Who knows.

My son's school has no idea what they are going to do come in August/September. They are asking the parents on what they prefer. My son's school is back in the 50's type of school. 80% of the mothers don't work. It's pitiful but my son loves the school. There is so much white privilege at my son's school, that I saw a statue of Trump grow straight out of the ground once. But the education is awesome. My son is in 1st grade and they are doing multiplication already. Can't argue about the quality though.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Too close to call in my opinion. One advantage the 2020 team has is that Fish would be guarding Lebron and that is the biggest matchup advantage. Pau and AD would neutralize each other. I would give the edge to AD but Pau was a great player in his prime also. Lebron would have to guard Kobe in crunch time. He has proven in the past that he can disrupt Kobe's shot and keep up with him quickness wise. The 31 year old version of Kobe is mostly a jump shooter so slight edge to Lebron. 2020 team on paper has better shooting and better depth.

Honestly, the 2001 Lakers team would beat both these teams.
    What make that 2001 team even more scary is they lost Glenn Rice. Lakers simply started his backup Rick Fox. Lakers offense still improved for obvious reasons and Fox gave LA itís big time defender. Something Rice was not.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123