Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2010 Lakers vrs 2020 Lakers

Who wins a 7 game series?

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Who wins a 7 game series?
    2010.. Too many weapons on the 2010 team..

Too close to call in my opinion. One advantage the 2020 team has is that Fish would be guarding Lebron and that is the biggest matchup advantage. Pau and AD would neutralize each other. I would give the edge to AD but Pau was a great player in his prime also. Lebron would have to guard Kobe in crunch time. He has proven in the past that he can disrupt Kobe's shot and keep up with him quickness wise. The 31 year old version of Kobe is mostly a jump shooter so slight edge to Lebron. 2020 team on paper has better shooting and better depth.

Honestly, the 2001 Lakers team would beat both these teams.

"I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

AD would beat Pau imo, prime Pau was a beast in offense but pretty soft in defense, that's where AD would beat him.

Kobe VS Lebron, Kobe was an assassin, not sure how Lebron could handle him and his killer instinct, overall it's interesting because both teams have size, maybe chemistry and toughness would be better on the 2010 team but it would be close.

2010 Lakers sweep. Ron Artest would be perfectly capable of slowing down a 35 year old Lebron. No one on the 2020 squad can stay with at the end of his prime Kobe, Gasol is a soon to be hall of famer and Bynum and Odom are better than anyone on the 2020 Lakers except for Davis and Lebron. 2010 Lakers even have better outside shooting with Fisher and Sasha.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Too close to call in my opinion. One advantage the 2020 team has is that Fish would be guarding Lebron and that is the biggest matchup advantage. Pau and AD would neutralize each other. I would give the edge to AD but Pau was a great player in his prime also. Lebron would have to guard Kobe in crunch time. He has proven in the past that he can disrupt Kobe's shot and keep up with him quickness wise. The 31 year old version of Kobe is mostly a jump shooter so slight edge to Lebron. 2020 team on paper has better shooting and better depth.

Why would Fish guard Lebron?

Fish
    Kobe
    Artest
    Odom
    Pau

Thatís your starting 5. Phil would start Pau at center to maximize his strength which is on offense. Mcgee ainít doing **** to stop Pau. Kobe would torch Danny Green. P

Also AD hasnít proved **** in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Fish
    Kobe
    Artest
    Odom
    Pau

Thatís your starting 5. Phil would start Pau at center to maximize his strength which is on offense. Mcgee ainít doing **** to stop Pau. Kobe would torch Danny Green. P
    Disagree, PJ would start Bynum like he always did, a frontcourt size of Bynum and Gasol would bother AD.

Then you have LO as the 6th man like he always was to take care of Kuz and Kieff.

Also AD hasnít proved **** in the playoffs.
    This is pure speculation here.

Why would Fish guard Lebron?
    A lot of the opposing point guards are guarding Lebron so there won't be any cross matchups. You don't want Kobe guarding him all game. He would wear Kobe down. Fish is stronger and technically plays the 1 position. My guess is that either him or Artest will guard him. One poster said that Artest will keep him in check. At that point in his career, Lebron would blow by him every time. He had lost a step. Either way Lebron would be a matchup issue for the 2010 Lakers. Obviously Kobe would be on the other end.

Thinking about it more I would give a slight edge to the 2010 Lakers due to at crunch time Kobe is more proven than Lebron and AD. Also Kobe's free throw shooting is much better than Lebron's. Why Lebron has lost some close games in the finals over the years. That was Karl Malone's issue when he got into the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Disagree, PJ would start Bynum like he always did, a frontcourt size of Bynum and Gasol would bother AD.

Then you have LO as the 6th man like he always was to take care of Kuz and Kieff.
    This. But I would have paid a lot of money to see both front courts go at each other. That 2010 team had a great front court.

Artest would be on Lebron and then Odom. 2020 Lebron can't really blow by people like he used to. Kobe has a much better matchup against whoever the 2020 Lakers would throw at him versus Lebron being guarded by Artest.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post

Agreed on both. But 10 vrs 20 would be a hellava series. Great match ups across the board. Having to pick though, I would go with 2010.

Bradley vrs Fisher - two bulldogs going at it. Fisher gots him though in being able to hit big pressure shots.

Rondo vrs Farmar - another good match up talent wise.

Caruso vrs Vujacic - again good match up

Bryant vrs Green - Greens only role would be to hound TF out of Kobe. Any shots from him would be a plus. Kinda reminds me of when Radja Bells only job was to hound Kobe. Kobe still gets him

KCP vrs Brown - another good match up

LBJ vrs Artest - See Green above and that would be Artests role against LBJ. Just like he played against Pierce in the Finals when they both ended up rolling on the floor not even a minute into game 1. LBJ still gets his.

Kuzma vrs Walton - Kuzma a way better scorer, Walton a way better overall basketball player.

AD vrs Pau - AD better overall, Pau better down low. Many think Pau was soft but he was tougher then AD is now. Pau a better passer from the post.

Morris vrs Odom - Morris is a bit of an intimidator but even though Odom was laid back he couldn't be intimidated. Odoms ability to handle the ball and create offense gives him the edge.

McGee vrs Bynum - Bynum had post moves, McGee would actually have to play 1 on 1 defense. I think Howard would get more then usual minutes. Mbenga vrs McGee lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    This is pure speculation here.
    Well, he hasnít..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast