Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: A Good Year

A Good Year

What record would you consider to be able to say that The Giants Had A Good Year.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    What record would you consider to be able to say that The Giants Had A Good Year.
    If the team finishes 8-8 or even 7-9, then i think they’ll be in a good position going forward.
    With this current roster and the strength of the schedule, i see a 5-11 maybe 6-10 team. What this team needs is consistency and solid effort week in and week out. Would be good to play meaningful games in November and not be eliminated from playoff contention by Halloween.

I just want to see improvement from our Oline, namely their ability to protect the QB and be effective in the run game. But also i want to see if Jones can protect the ball, make good decisions (especially in the redzone) and if he can manage the game. In spite of our inconsistent Oline and Barkley playing injured, i was more impressed with Jones in 2019 than i was with Eli during his first full. season. If DJ fixes his fumbling issues, gets rid of the ball quickly and doesn’t force his throws, then he’ll be a very good QB.

On defense, if our front seven can stop the run and get to the QB, then a .500 record is very much possible especially if our Oline vastly improves.

I don’t expect the Giants to be a playoff contender this upcoming season, but if we are successful in the trenches on both sides of the ball, if our run game gets going and if our young QB doesn’t turn the ball over, then they’ll become contenders sooner rather than later especially with another strong draft in 2021.

I expect them to compete for a playoff spot. 8+ wins is what I’d consider a good year. 7 I can live with anything under 7 is probably it for gettleman
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

8 wins would be a good year for a team this young with a brand new coaching staff. Anything more, IMO, would be very good to great.

Don't worry. He's got this.

7-9 would be good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8-8

I think performance means more than record. It’s a rebuilding team so if all the young guys and new pieces play well, even a 6 win season is progress.

Given our division, I’d really expect to see an 8-8 finish or better.

Less than that is disappointing, but if the team played well and lost tight games, it’s different than if they colossally fall apart.