Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Your WWE childhood

give me what you loved at the time from fav gimmick/toys to the moment that shocked you and the moment that scared you and the moment you were most let down.

I was the most hardcore brett hart fan ever... i loved everything about the hitman and when he lost the wrestlemania match to yoko and hulk came out and won the title i was so pissed off man

My most scared moment was giant gonzalez/undertaker.... the giant legit freaked me out as a kid.

My favorite toys were always the wrestling pillow dolls from like the 90s... I wanted a hart one but i am not sure it was ever produced so i settled for the hogan or warrior buddy

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    give me what you loved at the time from fav gimmick/toys to the moment that shocked you and the moment that scared you and the moment you were most let down.

I was the most hardcore brett hart fan ever... i loved everything about the hitman and when he lost the wrestlemania match to yoko and hulk came out and won the title i was so pissed off man

My most scared moment was giant gonzalez/undertaker.... the giant legit freaked me out as a kid.

My favorite toys were always the wrestling pillow dolls from like the 90s... I wanted a hart one but i am not sure it was ever produced so i settled for the hogan or warrior buddy
    My most shocking moment I ever saw was the Ultimate Warrior being locked in the casket on the Funeral Parlor.

HBK is and always will be my favorite WWE superstar, but I was also a fan of the Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase.

Also, could you imagine being in the ring with Yokozuna and seeing him ready to come down on you with the Banzai Drop?
    Eichel Tower

I was in 2nd or 3rd grade I forgot what PPV it was, but i was damn convinced i had to see it and i ordered the PPV. it was a WWE PPV so I ordered it and my parents got mad at me. that is the first thing i think of when someone mentions wrestling and their childhood.

not that big of a deal but being disappointed/let down would be that smackdown wasnt live, and discovering dirt sheet websites as a i got older thanks to the internet.

Too many what Ifs

I'm 30 and started watching WWF in either 94 or 95. Wasn't long before I was watching both WCW and WWF. IIRC I'd stay up and watch Raw on Monday nights then catch the rerun of Nitro on Tuesday after school. HBK and DDP were my favs for the respective brands.

Most shocking moments were Undertaker tossing Mankind off the cell and Austin's heel turn.

I remember having a bunch of action figures as a kid and also being excited as **** for one of the worst video games ever made, WWF Warzone. Loved it when I got it but looking back on it now is hilarious. The Ahmed Johnson promo videos will never get old.
    HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

I didn't really have a WWE childhood. We didn't get USA Network when I was a kid so the only time I got to see any WWE programming was when I would go stay with my grandparents or my brother during the summer.

My childhood was WCW, I was a huge Sting fan. I remember bleach blond surfer sting and I was like 10 when he took on the crow gimmick. The Faces of Fear, they scared the crap out of me when I was a kid but, I still loved those guys. I really liked the luchadores, big Rey Mysterio fan, I remember Jericho's first list, where he was in a program with Dean Malenko who was billed as the man of a 1000 holds and Jericho said he was the man of a 1001 holds and made a list of them and he came out with like a scroll and let it go and it spread halfway across the ring. or when Jericho went on this big unmasking spree and he was wearing the lucha masks around his neck after he would win a match and unmask a wrestler. and then of course Rufus.

I'm still amazed out how well the Giant moved when he was starting out.

a question for someone else who is around my age, do you remember in the early 90's an angle with Kevin Sullivan and his Dungeon, where he had a brother that was a big Hulk Hogan fan and Sullivan would continuously berate or beat up the brother? For some reason it sticks in my mind but, I have never been able to find anything on youtube. Maybe I am just remembering something wrong but, I swear there was an angle like this

Between my brother and I, we had all of the Hasbro figures.

I was an Ultimate Warrior mark. Still am. I can remember eating a bowl of cereal in front of the TV on a Saturday morning after Wrestlemania VIII. When they ran their clip of Warrior sprinting to the ring to save Hogan, I ran through the house screaming, "he's back! he's back!"

I can remember my brother and I talking our mom in to letting us call the WWE hotline during the Royal Rumble in 1994. It was right before Adam Bomb entered at #30 and we called back later to find out who won and they were explaining the controversy between Bret/Lex co-winning the Rumble. We argued about that around the neighborhood for weeks after. My brother and I were team Bret and our neighbors were team Lex.

The first show that my dad took us to was a house show in 1994. Bret Hart vs. Adam Bomb was the main event. Crush (heel) wrestled Doink (face) and my brother and I were watching the entrance waiting for Macho Man to do the run in. We really believed that he and Crush hated each other. The coolest thing about that night was that the opening match was already in progress when we arrived. Men on a Mission vs. Barry Horowitz and I forget who he teamed with, but seeing the size of Mabel and hearing the booming sound of the mat when someone would be slammed was so cool to see and hear that first time.

My best wrestling memory was my dad ordering wm 3 and 4 and we watched them together. He was never a big wrestling fan, and that was the only time we ever watched it together and when I first got into wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    My best wrestling memory was my dad ordering wm 3 and 4 and we watched them together. He was never a big wrestling fan, and that was the only time we ever watched it together and when I first got into wrestling.
    There was something really cool about the Pontiac Silverdome and I can't quite place it. One of the most memorable and awesome venues that ever hosted a Wrestlemania. It never gets old watching that one.

-Fave wrestler as a young kid was HBK. One day when I was like 4, I wore red pants and poured baby powder all over my chest/back/arms so I'd look white lol.

-I don't remember a legit scary moment. I guess brood entrance kinda creeped me out. Thought it was legit blood.

-We had a bunch of wrestling action figures. My fave one was a Kurt Angle one because it was the first one we had that was able to take off the elbow/knee pads.

I watch wrestling off and on for over fifty-some years. Starting with guys like Dick the Bruiser, Crusher, Maddog Machon. Back went the wrestlers had pot-bellies. First introduced to it from reading the Wrestling reports address to the previous owner of our family house. I shared them with my friends and we were hooked. We bug our parents unmerciful for the whole summer until one of the fathers took us. It was the first time I was in the old Chicago amphitheater center and it was heaven. Cigarette smoke filled the stadium, cheering fans screaming their head off. My friend dad told us this wasn't real wrestling and we ignored him like the fool he was being. We could feel the energy pulsing through the crowd. I cherish that moment more then a lot of baseball games we went to later in our youth. It was the first stadium event we ever went to, and we shared it together.

Second period was when Hogan was big, I didn't like the WWF then and preferred NWA, I think, the one with the four horsemen, Dusty Rhodes, Harley Race. They had the type of wrestlers I first watched, potbelly guys wrestling each other.

The last time I really watch wrestle was the attitude era. I don't know much about what is going on now, but that was the best period. Stone Cold Steve Austin, Triple H, The Rock as well as good tag teams like Christian and Edge, the Dudley Boys, to name a few.

I always enjoy that period for the good scripts, the numerous wrestlers who could dominate the mike, and the charisma.

I never saw another wrestling match since my first one. Only a couple would I like to have seen. The hitman Bret Hart vs Stone Cold, the bloodbath match and The undertaker throwing Mick Foley off the top of the steel cage.

I will be 45 this year and when my mom's dad passed away and my grandmother remarried my step grandfather got me into wrestling I wanna say mid 80's. I had a lot of favorite wrestlers growing up Ric Flair,The Four Horseman, Dusty Rhodes, Hogan, Macho Man, The Ultimate Warrior, Shawn Michaels, Triple H and Stone Cold just to name a few. I could probably go on for a while listing my favorite wrestlers since I grew up in the 80's and 90's. I would say there were a couple of shocking moments for me and that was when Hogan turned Heel and of course Undertaker throwing Mankind off of Hell in a Cell. Growing up in the 80's and watching Hogan be the Face of the company and for him to turn heel was a huge shock for me. I never really bought any toys or even asked my parents for any for birthdays or Christmas.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions
    Detroit Tigers
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!