Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why is Malone given a pass by the NBA community despite his past actions

First: Empragnating a 13-year-old, being told to pay $200 a month in child support and then saying he couldn't afford it and then settling out of court. And then later in his career:

The two have had very little contact during Bell's life. His mother, Gloria Bell, reportedly was only
    13 years old and Malone a college sophomore at Louisiana Tech when Demetrius was born. Malone might have served jail time had her family asked the district attorney to file criminal charges

Bryant said Malone didn't deny making the comments and told him during their phone conversation, "Aw, you know, I'm sorry if I said anything that was out of line." Added Bryant, "He was like a mentor, like a brother to me, so when something like that happens, you're upset, you're hurt."

Malone's agent, Dwight Manley, told the Los Angeles Times on Sunday that Malone was asked by Vanessa Bryant, "Hey, cowboy, what are you hunting?" in reference to Malone wearing a cowboy hat and boots.

"She said it twice," Manley said, "and Karl answered, 'I'm hunting for little Mexican girls.' "

Manley said Malone told him he had never made a pass at Bryant's wife, that he was surprised by the accusation, and that he then apologized to both Bryant and his wife for any remarks she might have considered inappropriate.

"Karl's response to Kobe's comments today is that he's a basketball player and not a soap opera actor and he doesn't intend to be involved in a personal soap opera," Manley said of his client.
    Sources:
    https://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?id=1944994

https://nypost.com/2015/02/12/karl-m...ted-with-wife/

https://buffalonews.com/2008/04/29/f...in-bells-life/

Probably because he's never been charged or convicted of a crime. I totally believe that he was a pedophile though.

There are too many stories. Where there is smoke, there is fire.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Probably because he's never been charged or convicted of a crime. I totally believe that he was a pedophile though.

There are too many stories. Where there is smoke, there is fire.
    The "he's never been charged of a crime" is the same logic lakers fans use to justify and disregard kobes past.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    The "he's never been charged of a crime" is the same logic lakers fans use to justify and disregard kobes past.
    The problem with the Kobe analogy is that you have conflicting stories and no eye witnesses. Not that it invalidates the accuser's side. It doesn't. She could have very well been raped that night. There's also a distinct possibility she wasn't and it was consensual. We'll never know because Kobe is dead and the accuser signed a NDA when he settled with her. Civil settlements don't always prove guilt either.

There is a genetic trail with Malone because the victim had his child. Big difference.

Had he been charged and served jail time, he wouldn't get the same pass.

And Kobe fans are suuuuuuper sensitive about it. How dare anyone mention his past!

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    And Kobe fans are suuuuuuper sensitive about it. How dare anyone mention his past!
    Well that's one thing I didn't understand when he died. I understand the man had just passed away but you can't talk about his legacy and who he was without that being a part of it. Its a pretty big detail to omit.

The problem with the Kobe analogy is that you have conflicting stories and no eye witnesses. Not that it invalidates the accuser's side. It doesn't. She could have very well been raped that night. There's also a distinct possibility she wasn't and it was consensual. We'll never know because Kobe is dead and the accuser signed a NDA when he settled with her. Civil settlements don't always prove guilt either.

There is a genetic trail with Malone because the victim had his child. Big difference.

Had he been charged and served jail time, he wouldn't get the same pass.
    Conflicting sotry and no eye-witness? What's an estimated settlement of $2,500,000 suggest?

He'd have been charged in 2020 and but not when it happend. Why? Social media. And Lakers and kobe fans can't discuss it because they place him on a pedestal and want to think he's not a rapist. While I don't consider kobe a rapist, I am more disgusted with their denial of it than anything else

Lmao! What a great thread.. As usual itís the forum clown creating it..

Conflicting sotry and no eye-witness? What's an estimated settlement of $2,500,000 suggest?

He'd have been charged in 2020 and but not when it happend. Why? Social media. And Lakers and kobe fans can't discuss it because they place him on a pedestal and want to think he's not a rapist. While I don't consider kobe a rapist, I am more disgusted with their denial of it than anything else
    Did I stutter? Conflicting stories meaning she has one version of events and he has another.

That he wanted it to go away. That's not an admission of guilt. Settlements happen fairly frequently in civil suits.

I feel like you made the comparison just to troll Laker's fans. You started this thread with Karl Malone and we can prove Malone was a pedophile based on him fathering a child with a 13 year old girl. What does that have to do with Kobe?

Malone should absolutely be in jail though.

Did I stutter? Conflicting stories meaning she has one version of events and he has another.

That he wanted it to go away. That's not an admission of guilt. Settlements happen fairly frequently in civil suits.

I feel like you made the comparison just to troll Laker's fans. You started this thread with Karl Malone and we can prove Malone was a pedophile based on him fathering a child with a 13 year old girl. What does that have to do with Kobe?

Chuck Norris rapes and has consensual sex everytime he sleeps with a lady.....

The "he's never been charged of a crime" is the same logic Trump fans use to justify and disregard Trumpís past. And present. And no doubt future.

****ing hypocrite. Go blow your **** smoke someplace else, you goddamned troll.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Lmao! What a great thread.. As usual itís the forum clown creating it..

What does it have to do with kobe? It's in the media for a short period of time and then the media just gives it a pass because superstar talent supersedes one's past actions.

The Malone situation is just mind boggling. Like I'm shocked it wasn't brought out in the media before. Everyone just says "the mail man, xyz" but you'd never guess he's an awful person.

I actually have respect for kobe for the person he became and the father he became. It seems like he really turned a corner and became a decent person.

I have no ill will towards kobe. Malone, **** him.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-19-2020 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Don't insult Jazz fans

^^^Its still comparing apples and oranges. We know Malone sexually assaulted that underage girl because she had his child. We have no idea what happened between that woman and Kobe Bryant. We'll never know.

That happens when no one is charged with a crime and it doesn't get the media attention other things do.

He doesn't get a pass with me. Malone is a disgusting person, perhaps the most disgusting NBA player of all time (I'm not sure of anyone worse). Perhaps a player has murdered someone, I suppose that could be considered worse... but even in prison a murderer gets way more respect than a child molester (not that we should get our morals/values from prisoners lol).

As for Kobe, he at least recognized and owned that to the woman, it wasn't consensual sex. It's still possible he THOUGHT she was wanting it rough while in hindsight realizing it wasn't what she really wanted. I'm not making that argument though, just stating it's realistically possible to me.

I don't sense an ounce of remorse from Malone.
    Last edited by Redrum187; 05-19-2020 at 03:15 PM.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast