Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I don’t see Wood getting anywhere near that, especially with the corona situation. He’s definitely better than Randle, but he’s far less proven and doesn’t have the reputation as a former lottery pick.
    Well you do realize det easily matches 15 mill and they can also guarantee an extra year

A team like hou needs a stretch 5 could do a sign an trade

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Lol so bkuz it didn't work before we are supposed to overpay role players or trade for players past their prime with huge contracts

Yeah that strategy really works better smh
    Yes that strategy does potentially work better. You build a team that can be over .500 and make playoffs and then a huge star may consider joining. It’s called proof of competence by a FO to show you’re moving in the right direction instead of a star just blindly signing with a perennial loser.
    Last edited by HeartOfStarks; 05-21-2020 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Yes that strategy does potentially work better. You build a team that can be over .500 and make playoffs and then a huge star may consider joining. It’s called proof of competence by a FO to show you’re moving in the right direction instead of a star just blindly signing with a perennial loser.
    Well buddy we've literally been doing that for almost 20 years

Well you do realize det easily matches 15 mill and they can also guarantee an extra year

A team like hou needs a stretch 5 could do a sign an trade
    I don’t think Wood cares about an extra year. I’m sure he’d rather be a FA again so he can get his next big contract while he’s still young.

They could easily match, but that doesn’t mean Wood will stay or if they’ll offer him that much. He’s a UFA and can go where he pleases. We’ll just have to see how his market develops when that time comes.

Knicks Hire New Assistant GM

What we’ve been doing is banking on top FAs coming here year after year and striking out in the process each time. Then we’re forced to fill the roster out with crappy veterans who are only playing for their next contract and nothing else.

If we can actually build a decent team then maybe we can start turning things in the right direction.

We’ve been over .500 making the playoffs for the past 20 years buddy?

What we’ve been doing is banking on top FAs coming here year after year and striking out in the process each time. Then we’re forced to fill the roster out with crappy veterans who are only playing for their next contract and nothing else.

If we can actually build a decent team then maybe we can start turning things in the right direction.
    Haha yeah that was a strange post - that’s definitely not what we’ve been doing the past 20 years, more like deluding ourselves into thinking some big name is coming only it never happens. But if he wants to continue living the delusion I guess by all means go ahead.

Exactly we never get the top guys so we overpay mediocre players and try to just build a decent team hoping we will get a top tier guy

Pretty much what you guys are asking to do now

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    We’ve been over .500 making the playoffs for the past 20 years buddy?
    Your dream scenario definitely is not getting us into the playoffs lol

Wood is this years randle before that it was timmy bro we literally strike out year after year then we try to build a team to just make the playoffs it's the isiah thomas approach it hasn't and will not work

Il tell you what will work is the bos approach just keep developing your young talent

Tank PROPERLY bos tanked for brown and tatum we already got Rj hopefully we get Ball or cole

DON'T waste cap on unproven players or guys on huge contracts past their prime

Bos never signed a huge contract just horford but he was worth it at the time

Save your assets and cap space bos waited patiently and ended up with kyrie

Players like dame beal embiid will soon be available

Agreed. Boston definitely has the right formula: Don't overpay to re-sign aging stars who have already peaked. Instead try to get as many draft picks over the next few seasons. Spend that time, developing a new core and use cap space sparingly.
    New Orleans and OKC have already taken a page from them. New Orleans owns the Lakers' First rounders for the next couple seasons while the OKC Thunder own the Clipper's First round pick for the next 4 seasons. Insane.

I'm begging the Knicks not to subscribe to overpaying for vets who will nothing for this team but continue this flatline of not being the absolute worst but nowhere near a playoff contender for something like 17/20 years.

Knicks haven't been chasing PG that's what they have been doing in a era where guards are so important Knicks management has been avoiding good PG like they are corona virus.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Knicks haven't been chasing PG that's what they have been doing in a era where guards are so important Knicks management has been avoiding good PG like they are corona virus.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    Fax thats why this draft is so huge we might come away with 2 pgs

I can see us packaging dsj our clips pick and our 2nd to move back into the mid first

Your dream scenario definitely is not getting us into the playoffs lol

Wood is this years randle before that it was timmy bro we literally strike out year after year then we try to build a team to just make the playoffs it's the isiah thomas approach it hasn't and will not work
    I disagree but that’s fine. I’m also ok with not signing anyone basically and continuing to build through the draft, which seems to be what you’re saying. I think you’re lying to yourself if you think Giannis is coming here but we’ll see.

I don’t think adding Hield/Gallo/Wood is similar to what we’ve done before. Those are 3 legit perimeter threats, 2 of which shoot 40% on 9 or 10 attempts a game. I’m also not suggesting breaking the bank or signing long term deals but I absolutely think that team I listed makes the playoffs in the east which is more likely to attract a star than to just win 25 games again.

Fax thats why this draft is so huge we might come away with 2 pgs

I can see us packaging dsj our clips pick and our 2nd to move back into the mid first
    Or we might come away with 2 busts.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast