Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Knicks Hire New Assistant GM

Last edited by smood999; 05-18-2020 at 02:52 PM.

on the surface seems like a good hire. wish Perry wasn't here though, and I hope it doesn't mean another year of his boy Payton. but with the cap situation I think they will decline the $8m.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    on the surface seems like a good hire. wish Perry wasn't here though, and I hope it doesn't mean another year of his boy Payton. but with the cap situation I think they will decline the $8m.
    I have no idea who this guy is but seems like a good move from those tweets.

There’s no reason to bring back Payton. Figure we’ll pick a PG with our lotto pick, then we still have Frank & DSJ (who id look to trade), Sanon & Lamar Peters potentially, if we don’t want Kadeem Allen on roster which I’m guessing he won’t be. Then you have the CP3 rumors and the outside chance of signing a FVV...

There’s just no justification to bring Payton back.

Start the Donovan Mitchell rumours now!!!! Well he can't be any worse than the last guy who the Knicks hired from the Utah Jazz organization, Scott Layden. lol.

In all seriousness, the Jazz Front Office is notorious for stability and longevity. Sure they won't have a box full of rings but they are consistent playoff contenders. This gives me hope that the Knicks will try to keep their youth and develop, as opposed to the old Knick philosophy if you don't become the next Patrick Ewing within 3 seasons...then you're gone.

Sounds like a great hire. We all know Mills was the real problem in the FO, lets not fool ourselves. I’m not advocating for Perry to stay or anything, but Mills was the one guy who managed to stick around all these years and he’s finally gone. Excited for the draft.

Walt seems more like a Haliburton kind of guy, rather than Cole. no idea, just my opinion considering the type of screening Utah did to find the right guys for Utah. He'll need to do the same screening for NY cause no one is coming to either destination in FA and he seems to think long term fit. I would say that Hayes may even be more of a Walt guy than Cole.
    Last edited by Bivory; 05-18-2020 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Walt seems more like a Haliburton kind of guy, rather than Cole. no idea, just my opinion considering the type of screening Utah did to find the right guys for Utah. He'll need to do the same screening for NY cause no one is coming to either destination in FA and he seems to think long term fit. I would say that Hayes may even be more of a Walt guy than Cole.
    Definitely seems like more of a Hayes and Haliburton guy, than a Cole guy.

Once again this leaves me wondering why H2O still has a job with Knicks. Dolan of course, but does it ever strike anyone odd that no new regime ever gives H2O a chance? Not even Mills would give him a shot. Huston is another one that has been around for all the crap, but continues to stick around for what? We got rid of Herb and Mills. Maybe Huston will be next.

Allan Houston has seven mouths to feed.

Not sure what's in his future but I'll say this, he's in much better position to learn from Leon Rose who has essentially dismantled almost EVERY position in the Knicks' Front Office except the GM position but that might be due to the fact, GM Scott Perry hasn't been with the organization for very long.

Fact is, some of these chumps like Mills were with the organization for a looooooong time. The Knicks Front Office has effectively failed for twenty years. Scouts. Assistants. Executives. Every one deserved to be FIRED.

I welcome this new hire because for once, the Knicks didn't go for a big name nor did they go with the "flavor of the month." They went with a guy who worked in a modest market that has almost solely relied on the draft for the big pieces of the puzzle.

Now more than every I'm intrigued by how the Knicks are going to be rebuilt.

Much better to be a good team trying to find that extra piece to put them over the top, then a team with no pieces

I’ll take it

The Knicks will add Frank Zanin to their front office as an assistant GM.

The Knicks continue to reshape their front office and this comes on the heels of them hiring Walt Perrin to be an assistant general manager as well. Zanin is a longtime league executive with his most recent stops being in Brooklyn and Oklahoma City. According to Mike Vorkunov of The Athletic, Zanin will be in charge of pro personnel scouting and Perrin will handle college scouting.

SOURCE: The Athletic
    May 19, 2020, 12:12 PM ET
    Rotoworld

Quote Originally Posted by DeeJay View Post
    Rotoworld
    Uh oh, Leon is assembling his all-star team.

We actually hiring good basketball people who come from well run organizations. Not sure if I ever seen so much logic from a team president the last 20 years, like i've seen with the last three hires.
    `

Another new face let's see if he will be here three years from now everyone is Dolan's puppet in the end.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Hopefully this means we have the inside track on d mitch

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast