Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Will Draymond Green be a HOF?

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Vlade Divac was not better than Toni Kukoc but he also was a great player.

The best big from Europe those days after Sabonis' half a knee left wasn't doing its job, Dino Radja was the best center.

In fact, Toni Kukoc is the only 5+ years NBAer that has a consistent case for European GOAT. Dirk Nowitzki for example is appreciated, but he only gets this kind of love by people who discount Sabonis, Drazen, Kukoc, Galis and some others because they never saw them. Divac isn'ta top 10 consideration when it comes to Europeans and I'd argue he'd not make most top 20 lists, whilst Dino Radja probably is in every top 20 list.

We pay much more attention to national team play and European competition, but obviously if someone like Dirk, Pau, Parker etc are consistently amongst the elite of the NBA, it'll get them named a lot more. People are now saying that Giannis is the GOAT which is absurd at this day, but he could potentially end up there. If he wins a couple of championships in the NBA and most importantly, with Greece, then he's probably the GOAT in the eyes of everyone.

The biggest HoF crime is omitting Chris Webber.
    i think Vlade was clearly better than Toni(especially in the NBA) and he had more gold medals as well. that's why he's in the hall of fame already. Detlef Schrempf should get in some day, but i'm iffy on Toni. he made no all star teams. he is in the FIBA international basketball Hall of Fame. i'd feel better about his chances if he made an allstar team after the bulls broke up
    Last edited by hidalgo; 05-19-2020 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hidalgo View Post
    i think Vlade was clearly better than Toni(especially in the NBA) and he had more gold medals as well. that's why he's in the hall of fame already. Detlef Schrempf should get in some day, but i'm iffy on Toni. he made no all star teams. he is in the FIBA international basketball Hall of Fame. i'd feel better about his chances if he made an allstar team after the bulls broke up
    He could have made it in 1999 but there was no all star. People seem to forget or not know this. But that would have been due to name value alone but he was essentially the only solid player on a Bulls team that had a great run so I'm pretty sure that he'd get some love. Still not an easy task to get in that All Star game, especially on a bad team and potentially Van Horn and Kemp taking the big forward spots after

He'd definitely be an all star if he played for another team, but he was kinda robbed in his final good season of whatever chances he had to he there due to the lockout.

Not being an all star is not the reason he didn't make the HoF.
    Divac also didn't win more in the international stage, they were teammates. As teammates, Kukoc was MVP of their last tournament win.
    And that 1991 team + Drazen would have complicated things a lot for the Dream Team. Still a gold, but with blood, sweat and tears. Hal of those good players were Serbs actually (including aspalj, Djordjevic, Danilovic, Divac).

Kukoc also proceeded to do very good with the Croatia team.
    Last edited by NYKalltheway; 05-19-2020 at 04:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    He could have made it in 1999 but there was no all star. People seem to forget or not know this. But that would have been due to name value alone but he was essentially the only solid player on a Bulls team that had a great run so I'm pretty sure that he'd get some love. Still not an easy task to get in that All Star game, especially on a bad team and potentially Van Horn and Kemp taking the big forward spots after

He'd definitely be an all star if he played for another team, but he was kinda robbed in his final good season of whatever chances he had to he there due to the lockout.

Not being an all star is not the reason he didn't make the HoF.
    Divac also didn't win more in the international stage, they were teammates. As teammates, Kukoc was MVP of their last tournament win.
    And that 1991 team + Drazen would have complicated things a lot for the Dream Team. Still a gold, but with blood, sweat and tears. Hal of those good players were Serbs actually (including aspalj, Djordjevic, Danilovic, Divac).

Kukoc also proceeded to do very good with the Croatia team.
    i don't understand why they didn't just name the all stars for 1999, and not play the game. at least give the players their all star nods. but i guess for that year just consider whoever was "all NBA" as the all stars (i think all NBA is a little better than being an all star, due to less spots)

Quote Originally Posted by Vallejo Raiders View Post
    Sure why not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Vallejo Raiders View Post
    i don't think so. 3X all star. never better than 3rd best on his team. never played better than 4th best in the finals. no longer all star caliber. he's just a glorified Bryon Russell (good defender, an avg scorer. not capable of being the lead guy, or even 2nd option. no hall of famer). he's nowhere near as good as Shawn Kemp, Tim Hardaway, or Kevin Johnson, and they still haven't gotten in (and i'm starting to wonder if they ever will, they deserve it)
    Last edited by hidalgo; 05-20-2020 at 03:58 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12