Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    8,219

    Running WWE Release/gone Thread

    There has been so many releases lately, this is a recap of those who was released in the past month and still being released.

    The Revival
    Rusev
    Luke Gallows
    Karl Anderson
    Epico
    Primo
    Drake Maverick
    Curt Hawkins
    Heath Slater
    Aiden English
    Eric Young
    EC3
    Lio Rush
    Kurt Angle
    Sarah Logan
    Rowan
    Mike Kanellis
    Maria Kanellis
    Zack Ryder
    No Way Jose
    Deonna Purrazo
    Curtis Axel
    Cain Velasquez
    Sting
    Drew Gulak

    The Updates today are Sting and Drew Gulak have let their contracts expire. Gulak is surprising since he was just in a big match on SD.
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

    2018-2019 UVA Men's Basketball National Champions

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    17,342
    I imagine a lot of lower card guys will see their contracts expire.

    Sting is a surprise, but I could see him going to AEW for a match or two.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    37,381
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    I imagine a lot of lower card guys will see their contracts expire.

    Sting is a surprise, but I could see him going to AEW for a match or two.
    I'd be really surprised if you see Sting with his neck issues wrestling. I know its a different company and he's in good shape but he's also 61 years old. I could see him being there to cut a few promos, maybe hype up a PPV, but I don't see him wrestling even a one off.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    111,992
    yet mysterio/jeff hardy still have jobs.... my god. Id take just about every name on that list over these 2... i get why vince keeps mysterio even though he ****ing blows now but they are letting go of guys who could hurt them and keeping trash... Nobody wants to see mysterio/corbin/hardy for **** sakes.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    12,382
    The WWE always seem to bring back guys they release so I wouldn't be all that surprised if some are brought back.


    Vince to Gronk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,024
    Supposedly Gulak asked for too much money in WWE’s opinion and they refused to give it to him and he chose not to renew.

    Not sure he will get what WWE wouldn’t pay him elsewhere so Idk if it was a wise decision.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    4,825
    Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_ View Post
    Supposedly Gulak asked for too much money in WWE’s opinion and they refused to give it to him and he chose not to renew.

    Not sure he will get what WWE wouldn’t pay him elsewhere so Idk if it was a wise decision.
    I rather watch Drew Gulak and pay HIM the money over some POS like Lesnar or Goldberg.

    Still amazes me how some of the guys are very good/very popular on the indy/nonWWE stage and yet the WWE cannot figure out how to use them properly.
    Screw sabermetics.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    12,382
    Looks like Drake Maverick is back.


    Vince to Gronk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    92,739
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Looks like Drake Maverick is back.
    I'm glad because he's an awesome guy. But I really don't like the idea of using real releases that affected real people as a storyline. And I'm not concerned about the top guys. Guys like Rusev, I'm not concerned about their well being because we all know he's going to get a huge contract wherever he goes. But the guys on that list that aren't as over as he is, well they are really going to hurt.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    12,382
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I'm glad because he's an awesome guy. But I really don't like the idea of using real releases that affected real people as a storyline. And I'm not concerned about the top guys. Guys like Rusev, I'm not concerned about their well being because we all know he's going to get a huge contract wherever he goes. But the guys on that list that aren't as over as he is, well they are really going to hurt.
    Glad they bought him back but why demote him back to NXT?


    Vince to Gronk

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    8,362
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Looks like Drake Maverick is back.
    I was wondering what was going on cause 2 days ago on youtube the official WWE channel had posted a video on Drake Maverick and it seemed weird considering it was part of the original release list

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    4,825
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Glad they bought him back but why demote him back to NXT?
    Because it's not a demotion? NXT is best brand under the WWE umbrella.
    Screw sabermetics.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    4,825
    Just looking at the list at those gone from the WWE, you could literally start a whole new promotion. Guys like ECIII Rusev, Gulak, Gallows/Anderson, The Revival would make great additions on that front. Which goes to show that the WWE trying to horde wrestling talent is stupid.
    Screw sabermetics.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    37,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Just looking at the list at those gone from the WWE, you could literally start a whole new promotion. Guys like ECIII Rusev, Gulak, Gallows/Anderson, The Revival would make great additions on that front. Which goes to show that the WWE trying to horde wrestling talent is stupid.
    I dont honestly get the appeal of the Revival. Very good in ring but their mic skills and charisma are lacking. The only two guys from that front imo that move the needle are Rusev and ECIII. Maybe Gulak if he had the right gimmick as well. Gallows and Anderson will probably just go back to NJPW.

    The only other guy on that list that has potential imo is Drake Maverick. I was surprised the WWE released him, although he's still in that tournament so maybe its a work.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    37,381
    Meltzer is reporting Gulak has re-signed with WWE. Good for him. His gimmick in WWE does him well and he's had some really good matches with Daniel Bryan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •