Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    All of those moves relied on his athleticism and agility. When that went away along with the back injury, he was never able to replicate those moves. I'm referring to what he should be able to have figured out so that during his latter career, he could rely on them outside of just being physically superior.
    In Charlotte in 2018 he averaged 16.6 ppg on 56% from the field in 81 games played. What percentage of his points do you think were dunks?

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    All of those moves relied on his athleticism and agility. When that went away along with the back injury, he was never able to replicate those moves. I'm referring to what he should be able to have figured out so that during his latter career, he could rely on them outside of just being physically superior.
    OK, but when talking about how good someone is we're including their athleticism. I've never understood this attempt to take out athleticism like it isn't a massive part of what makes a player good or not. If Michael Jordan had my athleticism, guess what? He never even makes it to the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    In Charlotte in 2018 he averaged 16.6 ppg on 56% from the field in 81 games played. What percentage of his points do you think were dunks?
    You're looking at the basketballreference advanced category for his dunk %. I don't care about that. My question to you is if you needed a bucket, would you trust that Dwight would be able to get you that bucket? The NBA has moved away from traditional center scoring because it's more effective to include three point shooting in your plays. Dwight's not capable of getting you consistent buckets if they aren't dunks. I'm sorry but that is the fact. There is a reason why coaches didn't draw up plays for Dwight and why Dwight became frustrated. Do you really think if Dwight had moves like Embiid that teams wouldn't draw up plays for him to be more of a focal point in their offense? Dwight could score in Charlotte but did you see how his efficiency took a hit? Dwight is a more effective player for the Lakers playing the way he is today than he would be if he played like he did for Charlotte. Charlotte had nothing going for them so Dwight could be the veteran and force his shots. Lakers aren't going to allow Dwight to do that simply because it would work against what the team needed from him.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    OK, but when talking about how good someone is we're including their athleticism. I've never understood this attempt to take out athleticism like it isn't a massive part of what makes a player good or not. If Michael Jordan had my athleticism, guess what? He never even makes it to the NBA.
    That's not what I implied. It's great Dwight was able to take advantage of his physical gift. But not having enough post moves to completely dominate players when he was out of his athletic prime (which was as soon as his first LAL time started) left Howard in a state where he still thought he was capable of dominating like his ORL days but physically, he never looked the same. Had he learned some of those moves and implemented it while he was still dominating, he would have had options even when past his ORL days.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789