Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,612

    If KD returns as Peak Rashard Lewis, is that considered a successful comeback?

    And what does that do for the Nets hopes of contention?

    Rashard Lewis was basically a poor mans KD, 6"10 sniper who manned both forward spots. At his apex, was a 22-7-2 kind of guy with elite shooting splits and contributed to some high level offenses. Now KD has a better handle and vision so maybe the bar is too low here but would that be considered a failed comeback from such a devestating injury for him?

    What would be a reasonable level of output for him to be among the best and what would the Nets need in order to truly compete?

    Do they need him to be the +30ppg kind of guy again, or would something like 27-7-4 be reasonable to contend?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    9,291
    Take his stats and multiply them by 0.75. Thatís what I was told to do by one of the main HEAT posters and anything else is totally wrong. Not sure it he still posts anymore though.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    13
    If KD comes back as a poor man Lewis, it is a failure

    KD is considered a sure-fire HOF and a top 2 scorer of all time

    If He comes back as a secondary star/spot-up shooter, then his talents will go to waste

    I hope he comes back stronger and better, with modern medicine I'm sure KD will be back to his old self

    The Nets don't need KD scoring 30, but they need him to score 25 ppg, 8 rpg, and 5 apg

    KD needs to be the leader, go-to guy, closer, and establish himself as the best player on the Nets. If Kyrie Irving leads this team, then the Nets will be a playoff team at best

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    25,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Take his stats and multiply them by 0.75. Thatís what I was told to do by one of the main HEAT posters and anything else is totally wrong. Not sure it he still posts anymore though.
    Is that just in reference to that injury?

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    58,736
    Would his mindset be he's peak Rashard Lewis?

    Honestly I think what could make this a successful or unsuccessful comeback is his mindset. If he comes back and understands his game has been altered due to the injury and he plays to that and uses the change as a strength, then awesome I think he'll exceed peak Rashard Lewis. If he can't change his mindset, still thinks of himself as what he used to do, and can't do those things, he's in trouble.

    Downside is we haven't seen too many players come back from a serious lower body injury in the NBA and be able to completely change the player that they are into a new player. And the ones that have had major changes to their mindset. I'm thinking Jason Richardson as he got older, Richard Jefferson, T-Mac, Vince Carter.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    27,346
    Failure. Not a knock on Lewis but he is many levels below the player that we expect when we see Durant on the floor. Plus that caliber Durant and Kyrie Irving aren't getting it done in the playoffs. Still an incredible HOF career for him but Durant's legacy would be flatlined at that point.


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,430
    Durant's not gonna be nearly as good, that's for sure. i' m guessing he'll avg about 21 ppg and 41%FG. it's not gonna be pretty, unless he pulls a miracle like Dominique Wilkins

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    15,617
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Would his mindset be he's peak Rashard Lewis?

    Honestly I think what could make this a successful or unsuccessful comeback is his mindset. If he comes back and understands his game has been altered due to the injury and he plays to that and uses the change as a strength, then awesome I think he'll exceed peak Rashard Lewis. If he can't change his mindset, still thinks of himself as what he used to do, and can't do those things, he's in trouble.

    Downside is we haven't seen too many players come back from a serious lower body injury in the NBA and be able to completely change the player that they are into a new player. And the ones that have had major changes to their mindset. I'm thinking Jason Richardson as he got older, Richard Jefferson, T-Mac, Vince Carter.
    Donít forget Grant Hill

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    58,736
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Donít forget Grant Hill
    Good call.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    33,460
    If he did come back as a leak Rashard Lewis I have to imagine Brooklyn would be pissed considering the money theyíre spending on him.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    3,932
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    If he did come back as a leak Rashard Lewis I have to imagine Brooklyn would be pissed considering the money theyíre spending on him.
    That's still a gamble you take 100% of the time. No way you let KD walk when he's interested. Even if he is 75% of his old self, that's a bargain.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •