Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

If KD returns as Peak Rashard Lewis, is that considered a successful comeback?

And what does that do for the Nets hopes of contention?

Rashard Lewis was basically a poor mans KD, 6"10 sniper who manned both forward spots. At his apex, was a 22-7-2 kind of guy with elite shooting splits and contributed to some high level offenses. Now KD has a better handle and vision so maybe the bar is too low here but would that be considered a failed comeback from such a devestating injury for him?

What would be a reasonable level of output for him to be among the best and what would the Nets need in order to truly compete?

Do they need him to be the +30ppg kind of guy again, or would something like 27-7-4 be reasonable to contend?

Take his stats and multiply them by 0.75. Thatís what I was told to do by one of the main HEAT posters and anything else is totally wrong. Not sure it he still posts anymore though.

If KD comes back as a poor man Lewis, it is a failure

KD is considered a sure-fire HOF and a top 2 scorer of all time

If He comes back as a secondary star/spot-up shooter, then his talents will go to waste

I hope he comes back stronger and better, with modern medicine I'm sure KD will be back to his old self

The Nets don't need KD scoring 30, but they need him to score 25 ppg, 8 rpg, and 5 apg

KD needs to be the leader, go-to guy, closer, and establish himself as the best player on the Nets. If Kyrie Irving leads this team, then the Nets will be a playoff team at best

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Take his stats and multiply them by 0.75. Thatís what I was told to do by one of the main HEAT posters and anything else is totally wrong. Not sure it he still posts anymore though.
    Is that just in reference to that injury?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Would his mindset be he's peak Rashard Lewis?

Honestly I think what could make this a successful or unsuccessful comeback is his mindset. If he comes back and understands his game has been altered due to the injury and he plays to that and uses the change as a strength, then awesome I think he'll exceed peak Rashard Lewis. If he can't change his mindset, still thinks of himself as what he used to do, and can't do those things, he's in trouble.

Downside is we haven't seen too many players come back from a serious lower body injury in the NBA and be able to completely change the player that they are into a new player. And the ones that have had major changes to their mindset. I'm thinking Jason Richardson as he got older, Richard Jefferson, T-Mac, Vince Carter.

Failure. Not a knock on Lewis but he is many levels below the player that we expect when we see Durant on the floor. Plus that caliber Durant and Kyrie Irving aren't getting it done in the playoffs. Still an incredible HOF career for him but Durant's legacy would be flatlined at that point.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Durant's not gonna be nearly as good, that's for sure. i' m guessing he'll avg about 21 ppg and 41%FG. it's not gonna be pretty, unless he pulls a miracle like Dominique Wilkins

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Would his mindset be he's peak Rashard Lewis?

Honestly I think what could make this a successful or unsuccessful comeback is his mindset. If he comes back and understands his game has been altered due to the injury and he plays to that and uses the change as a strength, then awesome I think he'll exceed peak Rashard Lewis. If he can't change his mindset, still thinks of himself as what he used to do, and can't do those things, he's in trouble.

Downside is we haven't seen too many players come back from a serious lower body injury in the NBA and be able to completely change the player that they are into a new player. And the ones that have had major changes to their mindset. I'm thinking Jason Richardson as he got older, Richard Jefferson, T-Mac, Vince Carter.
    Donít forget Grant Hill

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Donít forget Grant Hill
    Good call.

If he did come back as a leak Rashard Lewis I have to imagine Brooklyn would be pissed considering the money theyíre spending on him.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    If he did come back as a leak Rashard Lewis I have to imagine Brooklyn would be pissed considering the money theyíre spending on him.
    That's still a gamble you take 100% of the time. No way you let KD walk when he's interested. Even if he is 75% of his old self, that's a bargain.