Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nets Spencer Dinwiddie possibly to let fans pick his next team

New level of attention whore

So if fans pay him 24 mill in bitcoin he will go where they want him to so that he can make even more money from the team. lol ok bro.

Fans and players are only reason leagues exist. Owners shouldn't have any power.

I'm ok with this.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Fans and players are only reason leagues exist. Owners shouldn't have any power.

I'm ok with this.

It's one thing to make a poll about which team to join and another to ask random people to fund him. Unless his idea is that he's going to crowdfund his salary so that the team cannot refuse him going to play there for free

Do disappointed fans get their money back if he goes to a team they didn't want him to play for?

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    So if fans pay him 24 mill in bitcoin he will go where they want him to so that he can make even more money from the team. lol ok bro.
    He said heís going to do it at league minimum.

I'm ok with this.

Except itís a form of cap circumvention.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    It is interesting though. If LeBron said "I'll play for the minimum in whatever city's fans pay the most money he may have made more money for himself.

As Dinwiddie said, I'm not sure it's any different than a shoe company offering a bonus if a player signs in a certain city. The money is coming from outside the NBA, the team isn't involved, and yet the player has a financial incentive to take less money to get to that city.

I'm ok with this.

They're now called governors, not owners, you racist piece of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    As Dinwiddie said, I'm not sure it's any different than a shoe company offering a bonus if a player signs in a certain city. The money is coming from outside the NBA, the team isn't involved, and yet the player has a financial incentive to take less money to get to that city.
    Fairly certain thatís against the CBA though.

I'm ok with this.

Donít fool yourself. Without their money weíd just be fans watching people play pick up ball in the park. Their money helps to put it in stadiums and on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Donít fool yourself. Without their money weíd just be fans watching people play pick up ball in the park. Their money helps to put it in stadiums and on TV.
    That was true at one point, especially early in the league's formation. But if the players really wanted to cut the owners out, they could absolutely establish their own version of what amounts to the league office today and put that group in charge of scheduling, facility contracts and TV contracts. That group would absolutely have to grow in size, but if you're taking away the owners cut of revenue, increasing the payments to a central league office should still likely result in a larger payment to the players. And you may actually benefit from having contract and facility negotiations centrilized too.

You would have to change the salary cap structure with a centralized league office. And realistically, each team would have the same salary cap and players would have to sign percentage of the cap type of structures, but if all the players agreed and they hired the right people to run the central office, they could absolutely succeed without owners these days.

The awkward peice to figure out is who's in charge of each team though. Obviously the GM or whoever can figure that out, but who decides on who gets hired and fired as a GM would take some thinking.

Fairly certain thatís against the CBA though.
    How does the CBA dictate the terms between a player and another company?

My question is who the hell does this guy think he is to do all of this to begin with? Like, c'mon... Do you really think you're that important for fans to donate BTC to join their team and also, how are the votes tallied? This dude has a huge ego. I hope teams just all agree to not sign him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast