Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    when factoring in where you live, how important are the following?
    -cost of living (ie, cost to rent/buy a home)
    -education
    -safety/crime

for a 20ish year old, those things don't matter. Like at all. And those are things that absolutely separate MN from most coastal areas. Now, there are a lot of factors going the other way haha, I just mean the reasons I am here, mean nothing to your current life situation.
    Nah I know, I was just busting your balls.

Cost of living? Super important, so is the standard of living.

Education? I mean, Iím close to graduating so doesnít mean much. I know youíre referring to children but I donít know if I want kids, nonetheless can have them lol. Let me be in a relationship for longer than 6 weeks before I think about that.

Crime rates? Also not something that concerns me in particular. Again a lot of that has to do with children. Being in a melting pot, Iíd want to stay in a melting pot. I know a lot of the drug dealers, scammers, gang members, etc around me. Theyíre decent people and donít intimidate me. Granted, Iíve been jumped and robbed before but Iím generally not concerned about crime.

The type of person I am - which likely has to do with the fact that I was born and raised in Brooklyn, tells me that Iíd be best off staying in a diverse city somewhere along the coasts. I canít see myself affording to live in NYC but I see myself moving to PA or NJ at some point in my life.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Nah I know, I was just busting your balls.

Cost of living? Super important, so is the standard of living.

Education? I mean, Iím close to graduating so doesnít mean much. I know youíre referring to children but I donít know if I want kids, nonetheless can have them lol. Let me be in a relationship for longer than 6 weeks before I think about that.

Crime rates? Also not something that concerns me in particular. Again a lot of that has to do with children. Being in a melting pot, Iíd want to stay in a melting pot. I know a lot of the drug dealers, scammers, gang members, etc around me. Theyíre decent people and donít intimidate me. Granted, Iíve been jumped and robbed before but Iím generally not concerned about crime.

The type of person I am - which likely has to do with the fact that I was born and raised in Brooklyn, tells me that Iíd be best off staying in a diverse city somewhere along the coasts. I canít see myself affording to live in NYC but I see myself moving to PA or NJ at some point in my life.
    I hear ya man. That is all I meant, of course you wouldn't be interested in the Midwest, though I think you would actually dig Minneapolis more than you think, and I am sure you would like Chicago. But if I were young, single, no kids, and got to do it all over again, my *** would be in the NYC area for sure.

But, I have 2 young kids, and was able to get an amazing home for under 500k, in a school district that is amazing, in a beautiful area surrounded by lakes, trails, and nature, and get to live near my sister and her family. And I know I couldn't get that on the coast. So it's all what your needs are really

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Chicago is an amazing city.

Other than that, the midwest is pretty boring lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I was gonna post the same. Chicago is ****in dope, not as big as nyc but def has the same city feel, also imo way better vibe. Has a partial west coast vibe to it, at least on the north side.

Z you in a dope *** place tho, I been to nyc a few times and each time I just cant get over how ****in huge that city is. You can find EVERYTHING in that city, at any time a day or night.

Enjoy it and take advantage of it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Iíve never been to the Midwest but I could say with confidence that I donít want to go lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's (and I'm pretty sure you can't argue this because it's the definition of it) ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Chicago is an amazing city.

Other than that, the midwest is pretty boring lol.

I lived in both Chicago and NYC and I think they are both world class cities.

I have a theory on the whole argument about the two places... Hell even when it comes down to hot dogs or Pizza. There is a fundamental difference in vibe between the two places. New York is all talk... Move fast... next thing next thing next thing. The standard foods are designed to be eaten on the go... The hot dogs with the weird little sauce they put on in... The foldable pizza. It's all designed to hep you not miss out on all the cool **** in town...

Chicago... slower... I had to explain to all my friends from chicago the rules about riding a ****ing escalator. Chicago is real... they will punch you in the face. but everything is designed to slow you down... bring you together with people. You can't eat a ****ing real chicago hot dog without sitting the **** down. Everything involves a knife and fork. Slow down.... Slow Down... Slow Down... and eat this sausage.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I hear ya man. That is all I meant, of course you wouldn't be interested in the Midwest, though I think you would actually dig Minneapolis more than you think, and I am sure you would like Chicago. But if I were young, single, no kids, and got to do it all over again, my *** would be in the NYC area for sure.

But, I have 2 young kids, and was able to get an amazing home for under 500k, in a school district that is amazing, in a beautiful area surrounded by lakes, trails, and nature, and get to live near my sister and her family. And I know I couldn't get that on the coast. So it's all what your needs are really
    That is the thing about NYC though... when I first lived there I didn't have a car so 4 5 times a year I hoped on the metro north, stopped in poughkeepsie and rented a car to go to the Adirondacks or the finger lakes... Seriously that state has the best of both.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    That is the thing about NYC though... when I first lived there I didn't have a car so 4 5 times a year I hoped on the metro north, stopped in poughkeepsie and rented a car to go to the Adirondacks or the finger lakes... Seriously that state has the best of both.
    where near NYC can I get a 5/4, 3500 sq ft home with 3 car garage, and 1/2 acre lot, for $465k? Inside a renowned school district? With 3 large lakes within 3 miles (one of which is at the end of my block)?

I only mean, we take the trade offs man. The culture, activity, and awesomeness of being near NYC would be great. But we would also need to cram into a small place probably, and schools may be tough to come by unless you are willing to pay. But, we would make it work, I am simply defending where I live to justify to myself why I am here haha. Normal human reaction...

Seriously, if I were able to get a job paying about double my salary, I would be out in NYC tomorrow.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

NYC sounds like an awful place to live. Wayyyyyyyy too damn crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    That's (and I'm pretty sure you can't argue this because it's the definition of it) ignorant.
    Probably.

You donít stick a city boy in the country and expect him to thrive. Iím already in a great city, I donít think other cities have much that NY doesnít (that I would be interested in)
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    NYC sounds like an awful place to live. Wayyyyyyyy too damn crowded.
    Midtown Manhatten is the worst place on the planet
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

I have been to everyone of the lower 48 states more than a couple times and none of them hold a candle to California. I live now in between NYC and Boston, which is great but wouldnt be like living in Cali.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    I have been to everyone of the lower 48 states more than a couple times and none of them hold a candle to California. I live now in between NYC and Boston, which is great but wouldnt be like living in Cali.

Thatís is cool. Do you travel for work?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Thatís is cool. Do you travel for work?

Truck driver would be my prediction ? All 48, that's ****ing impressive.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post

The only state I haven't been to is Hawaii. I had been to 48 of them by the time I was 30. (39 years ago) Got Alaska in 2018, 2019.
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

Truck driver would be my prediction ? All 48, that's ****ing impressive.

No, just traveled alot. I have crossed the country 6 times, also between my dad and i being in the military, i lived numerous places.

If you cant beat them, join them

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast