Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    As much as I say the Midwest doesnít entice me, I would like to go there regardless. Traveling all the states sounds cool, Iím jealous of you guys.

I had plans to do some traveling pre corona virus but now that I have a little bit of money saved up, Iím just gonna go on a bigger trip whenever this is all over.

Iíd either like to go to Vancouver and work my way south, through Washington, Oregon, California. Or Iíd skip Vancouver and go from California to Vegas/Denver/Arizona. Hopefully Iíll be able to do all of this next summer, Iíll save the Midwest and more remote areas of the US when Iím a bit older lol.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    As much as I say the Midwest doesnít entice me, I would like to go there regardless. Traveling all the states sounds cool, Iím jealous of you guys.

I had plans to do some traveling pre corona virus but now that I have a little bit of money saved up, Iím just gonna go on a bigger trip whenever this is all over.

Iíd either like to go to Vancouver and work my way south, through Washington, Oregon, California. Or Iíd skip Vancouver and go from California to Vegas/Denver/Arizona. Hopefully Iíll be able to do all of this next summer, Iíll save the Midwest and more remote areas of the US when Iím a bit older lol.
    You should go up into Alaska and see some of the Glaciers, some are receding, some are expanding.
    Get on a zodiac up close with whales and Glaciers that are 30-40 stories of a Manhattan budiling tall but 30,000+ year old ice and 8 miles wide.

You should really think about going to the Antarctic while you are young and can deal with "group boating". Walk where its too cold for man to live.

Get out in the world where it's tougher to survive than NYC, where the elements and the animals can have you for lunch, live on the edge while its simple to do.

Climb mountains in South America or Nepal. Get out in the rain forest. Once you get married or a FT job with obligations it gets harder to do.
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    You should go up into Alaska and see some of the Glaciers, some are receding, some are expanding.
    Get on a zodiac up close with whales and Glaciers that are 30-40 stories of a Manhattan budiling tall but 30,000+ year old ice and 8 miles wide.

You should really think about going to the Antarctic while you are young and can deal with "group boating". Walk where its too cold for man to live.

Get out in the world where it's tougher to survive than NYC, where the elements and the animals can have you for lunch, live on the edge while its simple to do.

Climb mountains in South America or Nepal. Get out in the rain forest. Once you get married or a FT job with obligations it gets harder to do.
    Iíve traveled a bit, donít get me wrong. Been to England a bunch of times, been to Pakistan, Canada, Pennsylvania, Jersey, DC, Delaware, Virginia, and Maryland in my life.

Pakistan is easily the most difficult place to live and I was there for 3 1/2 months. Theyíre one of the countries that are going to be affected the most because of climate change due to the geography. The mountains and cities are beautiful there but most of what Iíve seen is quite barren, dry, and the soil sucks. In terms of elements, itís quite a challenging place to be lol, thatís not even mentioning the wildlife thatís lurking and the poisonous snakes. Iím sure Nasty could attest to that lol.

The polar opposite (no pun intended) would be interesting to experience in a shorter period of time. I would like to travel the world but my mind is currently made up that Iíd like to travel the states first.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Probably.

You donít stick a city boy in the country and expect him to thrive. Iím already in a great city, I donít think other cities have much that NY doesnít (that I would be interested in)
    I can assure you Minneapolis, St Paul, St Louis, Chicago, or Detroit, are FAR from the country haha.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    The only state I haven't been to is Hawaii. I had been to 48 of them by the time I was 30. (39 years ago) Got Alaska in 2018, 2019.
    I haven't been to:

Hawaii
    Alaska
    Vermont
    N Carolina
    S Carolina
    Nebraska
    Utah

States only driven through:
    Oregon
    Alabama
    Georgia
    Kentucky
    Pennsylvania
    Delaware

I have zero interest in living in the south again, unless it's perhaps Austin, TX. Even then, probably not. Ever.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

In terms of elements, itís quite a challenging place to be lol, thatís not even mentioning the wildlife thatís lurking and the poisonous snakes. Iím sure Nasty could attest to that lol.
    lol, yup. It was also the first place I saw marijuana growing wild everywhere.

Me and my cousin were smoking paki weed from our front yard, lol, this was in like '97. We had to smoke so much to finally get high.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Iíve traveled a bit, donít get me wrong. Been to England a bunch of times, been to Pakistan, Canada, Pennsylvania, Jersey, DC, Delaware, Virginia, and Maryland in my life.

Pakistan is easily the most difficult place to live and I was there for 3 1/2 months. Theyíre one of the countries that are going to be affected the most because of climate change due to the geography. The mountains and cities are beautiful there but most of what Iíve seen is quite barren, dry, and the soil sucks. In terms of elements, itís quite a challenging place to be lol, thatís not even mentioning the wildlife thatís lurking and the poisonous snakes. Iím sure Nasty could attest to that lol.

The polar opposite (no pun intended) would be interesting to experience in a shorter period of time. I would like to travel the world but my mind is currently made up that Iíd like to travel the states first.
    I haven't been to any of the "stans".

Almost took a contract in 1980 to work in Saudi Arabia in an oil company compound, but after readying the rules it wasn't for me, I think it was about 120k a year in 1980 as a CM. I forget the time there vs come home time but it was about 6 - 9 months and then they flew you back for 2-3 weeks. then you went back, it was a 2 year contract. That was 3x what I was making and there was no living expense, food and shelter were included.

I have been to Holland, France, Italy, Austria, Germany, Tahiti, Mexico, Canada, and I think either Costa Rica or Panama airport only when a plane had trouble and had to go south and land.

I have worked in California, Colorado, Texas, Italy, Florida, Georgia, Nevada.
    Our company has done jobs in about 30 of the 48 states along with Shanghai, Hong Kong, Mexico City, Tokyo, Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto.

But for visiting and scenery I love Alaska, Tahiti, lots of California, Colorado, Parts of the Dakotas and Wyoming.
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

I've been to every state but 3.

If California was actually as leftist as every Republican thinks it is, and not just a neoliberal/capitalist hell hole, it would far and away be the best.

Utah's even worse politically, but is my favorite state geographically. So many amazing national parks and diverse landscapes.

I'll never live in the South. Hands down the worst part of this country. Stick me in a Nebraska cornfield over the bayou!
    HELLO

From most of the italians the USA are split in:
    -New York
    -Washington
    -California
    -Florida
    -USA parks
    -The rest

Iowa.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456