Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    So the answer to fixing one races’ disadvantage is to put another race at a disadvantage? Sounds about American.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I mean it's been happening to minorities throughout the entire history of the country

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

The best decision the Bills have made in the last decade was firing the black guy. lol

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    yea it sucks for the people that could lose a job or their dream job all because there is a bonus to being a certain color... totally legit... Its wrong all around.
    True but lots of people don’t even get considered for those jobs because they are a certain color.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Exactly. Teams that know they're going to bed to do a full rebuild will just hire a minority coach to get that extra draft compensation.... Then he'll become the sacrificial lamb when the team has enough talent to compete.
    Yeah this is probably what would happen. These guys would be hired only for the title alone, when really the offensive coordinator or defensive coordinator is running things but hey because the minority has the title of “head coach” that team will get a higher draft pick. Owners will always unfortunately try to find a way around these things

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    So the answer to fixing one races’ disadvantage is to put another race at a disadvantage? Sounds about American.
    "One races' disadvantage" is unfortunate phrasing IMO. More like: existing systemic biases against certain ethnicities.

But yeah, I doubt this will pass.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Yeah this is probably what would happen. These guys would be hired only for the title alone, when really the offensive coordinator or defensive coordinator is running things but hey because the minority has the title of “head coach” that team will get a higher draft pick. Owners will always unfortunately try to find a way around these things
    Yup and then ten years down the line you'd see a crazy stat about how few minority coaches get a second chance to be a head coach

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    True but lots of people don’t even get considered for those jobs because they are a certain color.
    I think the Rooney Rule is a bit over the top, and in some respects, can be considered disrespectful just to bring in someone for an interview to fill a quota.

However, I also see that being a valuable job interview, even if that person knows that they wouldnt be hired. It is preparing him for further interviews. However, your point that they aren't getting opportunities because of a certain skin color is false.

Look at Marvin Lewis for example. His coaching tree is Jay Gruden, Mike Zimmer, Vance Joseph and Hue Jackson. Split 50/50 on race.

Marvin Lewis is tied to Bill Cowher, who goes back to Marty Schottenheimer. Part of Marty's tree includes Cowher, Herm Edwards, Tony Dungy, Cam Cameron and Wade Phillips.

As Macho Man Randy Savage said, the cream rises to the top. Good coaches are good coaches as you can see here. Bad coaches are bad coaches. There are coaches of different race who fall into each category as you see above.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    As Macho Man Randy Savage said, the cream rises to the top.
    Owners seem to prefer white cream though.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    I think the Rooney Rule is a bit over the top, and in some respects, can be considered disrespectful just to bring in someone for an interview to fill a quota.

However, I also see that being a valuable job interview, even if that person knows that they wouldnt be hired. It is preparing him for further interviews. However, your point that they aren't getting opportunities because of a certain skin color is false.

Look at Marvin Lewis for example. His coaching tree is Jay Gruden, Mike Zimmer, Vance Joseph and Hue Jackson. Split 50/50 on race.

Marvin Lewis is tied to Bill Cowher, who goes back to Marty Schottenheimer. Part of Marty's tree includes Cowher, Herm Edwards, Tony Dungy, Cam Cameron and Wade Phillips.

As Macho Man Randy Savage said, the cream rises to the top. Good coaches are good coaches as you can see here. Bad coaches are bad coaches. There are coaches of different race who fall into each category as you see above.
    Right there are good coaches and bad coaches of every race but in the NFL probably 90% of coaches are a certain race. There’s also only once in NFL history been a time where a coach of color has been replaced by another coach of color. I don’t think it’s because the best coaches are a certain race. There has obviously been opportunity for some in certain situations but I don’t think there’s been equal opportunity for all

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Owners seem to prefer white cream though.
    Phrasing!

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    it wont and shouldnt pass... its wrong all the way around and its disgusting to black people as well... omg we need better draft compensation lets go hire a black guy real quick and we can just fire him the following year... this is what is wrong with the race **** and the nfl should be ashamed that incentives need to be put in place to hire people of color...

also why does this apply to just black? how many asians do we see in the nfl exactly?
    It says person of color not black.

Will this rule be retroactive? Will the teams that already have a person of color as a head coach or top level executive also receive a draft pick?

Does the most woke team get an automatic playoff berth?

Does the team that hires a rainbow of colors in the front office get the 1st overall pick?

Your baby can't do this

NFL front offices about to be like...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3HHRfuLVfls

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast