Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    WellnTHT has a guaranteed spot already.. unsure about Cousins when we play much better playing small ball with AD at the 5. Howard has been phenomenal all year and McGee will never be asked to play bigger minutes. Not sure we have space for Cousins, especially being unsure of what Cousins well be getting, he should really just take the season off and get healthy healthy
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    LOL I get your point. It's not a great option regarding injuries, but there are not many options out there. Maybe Pau. DMC is probably done but I would just give him a try for 8 games and see what he's got. We can take risks on a player with this team since we are deep. He is worth that risk.
    True. I was just saying the reasons a team would sign Cousins. WE do have 3 5's. Probably should get more wings instead. A backup playmaker if there is anyone out there. Tex would have a better idea of that.
    Were set, adding Dion Waiters was probably our final move for the season. Our team is locked on roster heading into the playoffs.
    My bad guys, the ideas i was throwing out there are for the off-season. I thought that was what you guys were talking about since this convo got started by bringing back DMC. We can't bring back DMC this season. Not till this off-season.

I like the Pau idea but all of our contracts are guaranteed for the rest of the season. I think if anyone was to go to make room for Pau it would be Dudley.

But i agree with G1, our roster is set.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    My bad guys, the ideas i was throwing out there are for the off-season. I thought that was what you guys were talking about since this convo got started by bringing back DMC. We can't bring back DMC this season. Not till this off-season.

I like the Pau idea but all of our contracts are guaranteed for the rest of the season. I think if anyone was to go to make room for Pau it would be Dudley.

Reports suggest*that if the NBA suspension will continue for as long as 4 to 5 months, big man DeMarcus Cousins could be fully fit to participate in the playoffs on August.

Cousins should be eligible to sign with a playoff team before the postseason begins and the Los Angeles Lakers are thought to be his preferred destination

I thought that we can't re-sign DMC this season too but they keep saying everywhere that we can.

Were set, adding Dion Waiters was probably our final move for the season. Our team is locked on roster heading into the playoffs.
    Agreed. Im just going with the reports that extra roster spots might open up. Just hypothetical. We have nothing else to talk about lol.

"I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

Lol no worries. Was just talking if an extra roster spot is opened.

Agreed. Im just going with the reports that extra roster spots might open up. Just hypothetical. We have nothing else to talk about lol.
    7weeks away.....

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    I thought that we can't re-sign DMC this season too but they keep saying everywhere that we can.
    Same here. Maybe guys are saying it to get clicks. It has been a slow season for thee guys.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Exactly what Ive been saying from day 1 when people were saying lebron is the best laker small forward of all time before he even stepped foot on the court. Laker players are judged based on rings. James worthy has done way more for the lakers, without him the lakers might have 3 less championships. But yeah, lebrons regular season stats and stats before he became a laker are better...
    As of right now, I'd take Rick Foxs Lakers career as a SF over LBJs Lakers career.
    Last edited by McAllen Tx; 06-11-2020 at 07:53 AM.

As of right now, I'd take Rick Foxs Lakers career as a SF over LBJs Lakers career.
    You have to separate individual performance from team performance.

You can't use rings in debating which career you'd take.

It's a poor argument, no matter the number of rings.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    You have to separate individual performance from team performance.

You can't use rings in debating which career you'd take.

It's a poor argument, no matter the number of rings.

So I'm supposed to judge players by how "you" judge players? You pick the criteria on how everyone should view all Lakers players ever?

In my personal view, up to this point Rick Fox has done more for the Lakers as a starting SF then LBJ has.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    I've read a few articles talking about DMC signing with the Lakers but none say the Lakers can sign DMC. Haven't found a single credible source saying the Lakers can sign DMC. I really don't think they can.

I think some writer wrote it and a few others just went off that just for clicks.

So I'm supposed to judge players by how "you" judge players? You pick the criteria on how everyone should view all Lakers players ever?

In my personal view, up to this point Rick Fox has done more for the Lakers as a starting SF then LBJ has.
    It's how any player for any team should be judged

If people want to argue MJ or Kareem is the GOAT, they should be able to solidify that without mention of playoff wins.

Just overall playoff stats, overall regular season stats, efficiency, etc..

The wins should be nothing more than a cherry on top.

Of course, this is just "imo" lol. I'm just a fan.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Exactly. I dont get why people want an easy path to the nba finals. You have to beat the best to be the best not hope that someone beats the better teams so that the lakers can eventually become the best team. Whatever happens with the playoff format, who cares, if the lakers are truly the best team it wont matter
    No excuses... Just get it done...

https://youtu.be/GD-EP3ucPNk

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    It's how any player for any team should be judged

If people want to argue MJ or Kareem is the GOAT, they should be able to solidify that without mention of playoff wins.

Just overall playoff stats, overall regular season stats, efficiency, etc..

The wins should be nothing more than a cherry on top.

Of course, this is just "imo" lol. I'm just a fan.

So is Wilt Chamberlain the GOAT?

Teams can take 15 players and 2 two-way players. Reported by Shams

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast