Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Bunch of lazy entitled twats.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

r a w r

PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Just scrap the season at this point. Bunch of overpaid *******s!
    You are correct. The owners are a bunch of entitled silver spoon up *** babies.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Bunch of lazy entitled twats.
    You are correct. Those lazy ***** should stop accepting public tax money and subsidies for their stadiums and build them with their own money. Lazy entitled twats

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    All of them are..

There is one who refused to play with scab players after the 94 lockout who is still an owner.

Either way, both parties are at fault. The owners could give more money to the players. Meanwhile, a portion of the country is without jobs and MLB players make quite a bit more money than some of them will see in a lifetime.

PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Let's see, they have annual salaries but aren't being asked to put in their typical annual work.

If you or I only worked half of the year and our employer had the audacity to not pay our full annual salary....who exactly is the entitled twat?

And please, that whole 'owners should pay for their own stadiums' argument is old....it's not totally their stadium and in many cases they're paying a higher percentage than the overall use they're getting. Cities WANT use of them for other things...and are benefiting from ALL use.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Let's see, they have annual salaries but aren't being asked to put in their typical annual work.

If you or I only worked half of the year and our employer had the audacity to not pay our full annual salary....who exactly is the entitled twat?

And please, that whole 'owners should pay for their own stadiums' argument is old....it's not totally their stadium and in many cases they're paying a higher percentage than the overall use they're getting. Cities WANT use of them for other things...and are benefiting from ALL use.
    That is a straw man. Maybe you aren't aware the Union and the Owners had agreed tentatively back in March to a prorated salary structure. The owners are trying to use public sentiment to stick it to the players. This is obviously brilliant chess by the owners because it seems to be working on everyone. The players official position (forget the knucklehead Blake Snell) is that they would play for a prorated salary. Half a season means half the pay. Most would be ok with that. Not what the owners are now asking for.

Snell came off as entitled, a wannabe rapper, and completely dense.

And it's hilarious he talked about the risk of 'the rona' as he called it, after two months ago saying 'if I get it, I get it'. Now it's an issue?

Look, owners need to negotiate in good faith, and I agree. And I'm the first to call out that these players don't actually make the huge salaries we see, and that the majority of the MLB players don't make insane money. Snell's 2020 take home was going to be around $2.7-3M, now it'll be less than $2M.

But at a time when healthcare workers are putting their lives at risk for $60K a year, he needs to STFU about 'getting his' and shut up and play.

If his gripe was about the owners negotiation tactics, I would understand that better. But he just sounded greedy. Ready to sit at home and play the Show if he doesn't get what he wants (take his ball and go home).

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post

And it's hilarious he talked about the risk of 'the rona' as he called it, after two months ago saying 'if I get it, I get it'. Now it's an issue?

Look, owners need to negotiate in good faith, and I agree. And I'm the first to call out that these players don't actually make the huge salaries we see, and that the majority of the MLB players don't make insane money. Snell's 2020 take home was going to be around $2.7-3M, now it'll be less than $2M.

But at a time when healthcare workers are putting their lives at risk for $60K a year, he needs to STFU about 'getting his' and shut up and play.

If his gripe was about the owners negotiation tactics, I would understand that better. But he just sounded greedy. Ready to sit at home and play the Show if he doesn't get what he wants (take his ball and go home).
    Great post. Agree with all of it, and you put into words what I've attempted to do quite a few times and just ended up giving up on it.

The players are assuming all the risk so there should be some kind of added on incentive to play. I understand they are obligated by contract but these are different times and you're asking these players to put themselves and their families in danger for a game.

Easy for the owners to do that considering they are not assuming any risk. Give the players something. Whether its money in escrow, a bigger piece of tv money, something.

That said, Snell comes off looking like a douche.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-15-2020 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post

A wannabe rapper? What did I miss?

That is a straw man. Maybe you aren't aware the Union and the Owners had agreed tentatively back in March to a prorated salary structure. The owners are trying to use public sentiment to stick it to the players. This is obviously brilliant chess by the owners because it seems to be working on everyone. The players official position (forget the knucklehead Blake Snell) is that they would play for a prorated salary. Half a season means half the pay. Most would be ok with that. Not what the owners are now asking for.
    sorry, you're correct....I apparently had missed the prior agreement........Snell still comes off as a douche
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The players are assuming all the risk so there should be some kind of added on incentive to play. I understand they are obligated by contract but these are different times and you're asking these players to put themselves and their families in danger for a game.

Easy for the owners to do that considering they are not assuming any risk. Give the players something. Whether its money in escrow, a bigger piece of tv money, something.

That said, Snell comes off looking like a douche.
    Essential workers getting paid close to minimum wage are also taking a risk, much more of one considering they are interacting with the public.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast