Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Is Deron William's a HOF'er?

His greatest argument is that for 4 years or so, there was a semi legit (being generous here) argument where he was compared to a full fledged 1st ballot HOF'er in CP3.

He shouldn't be a clear option, but the only way he gets in is if the two Olympic gols carry too much weight. In my opinion, they shouldn't carry that much weight and I wouldn't consider him.

There are more clear cut options that are not in the Basketall HoF such as Chris Webber and Toni Kukoc, with guys like Marques Johnson, Shawn Kemp, Chauncey Billups, Kevin Johnson and Tim Hardaway also belonging in this conversation.
    Deron has a short 5 year peak in the NBA and was included in two Olympics where the US won gold. I mean he's barely a 3 times All star, never won anything - at least as a key player.

The entrance to the HoF is not fixed so you can be included for different reasons, but I just don't see what makes Deron a part of this group. If he was as consistent as Chris Paul he'd be a lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    His greatest argument is that for 4 years or so, there was a semi legit (being generous here) argument where he was compared to a full fledged 1st ballot HOF'er in CP3.
    Nah, not enough impact and no longevity. In comparison look at the level Paul is still playing at. The last time Dwill was really good was like 2012 and he was drafted 2005-06. Not enough imo.

I did like his game in his Utah days.

No

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    He shouldn't be a clear option, but the only way he gets in is if the two Olympic gols carry too much weight. In my opinion, they shouldn't carry that much weight and I wouldn't consider him.

There are more clear cut options that are not in the Basketall HoF such as Chris Webber and Toni Kukoc, with guys like Marques Johnson, Shawn Kemp, Chauncey Billups, Kevin Johnson and Tim Hardaway also belonging in this conversation.
    Deron has a short 5 year peak in the NBA and was included in two Olympics where the US won gold. I mean he's barely a 3 times All star, never won anything - at least as a key player.

The entrance to the HoF is not fixed so you can be included for different reasons, but I just don't see what makes Deron a part of this group. If he was as consistent as Chris Paul he'd be a lock.
    Billups and Hardaway>>>Dwill for sure.

No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Nope

Hell no. His peak was damn good, but his overall career average are nothing special.

Nah. Idk what the argument for him to be in would be.

i say no. Tim Hardaway, Billups, and Kevin Johnson need to get in way before they even think about Deron

Not for me. His college career was meh, and as a pro, he had a very good, if not great, 3-4 year run as a top 2-3 PG, but he only had a few all star appearances, and 2 all NBA makes. To me, he is a miss.

Plus, eff him. Dude basically ran off Jerry Sloan from coaching

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Not for me. His college career was meh, and as a pro, he had a very good, if not great, 3-4 year run as a top 2-3 PG, but he only had a few all star appearances, and 2 all NBA makes. To me, he is a miss.

Plus, eff him. Dude basically ran off Jerry Sloan from coaching
    What I was thinking. Him and Boozer can eat ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    What I was thinking. Him and Boozer can eat ****.
    Yeah they both can kiss my ***. At least Deron kinda acted like he felt bad about it later....Boozer is just a piece of **** that never cared about anything but money.

Rippin' lips son!!