Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    You can literally do a top 20 European white boy list and a 20 twenty North American white boy list.
    Ooh — the Caucasian Confrontation! Here are my racist rosters:

North America
    • B: Nash, Stockton, Kidd
    • B: West, Maravich
    • F: Barry, Havlicek, Mullin
    • F: Bird, Petit
    • F: Mikan, Walton

Europe
    • B: Doncic, Dragic
    • B: Petrovic, Bogdanovic
    • F: Stojakovic, Kukoc, Kirilenko
    • F: Nowitzki, Gasol, Porzingis
    • F: Sabonis, Jokic

I think a better question is which team would win:

America's white guys or Europe's lol

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I think a better question is which team would win:

America's white guys or Europe's lol
    based on Dundee's lineups its not even close. the US's depth is just wayyy better and they have a much better starting lineup. Dirk and Doncic are great, but they can't make up for the rest of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Ooh — the Caucasian Confrontation! Here are my racist rosters:

North America
    • B: Nash, Stockton, Kidd
    • B: West, Maravich
    • F: Barry, Havlicek, Mullin
    • F: Bird, Petit
    • F: Mikan, Walton

Europe
    • B: Doncic, Dragic
    • B: Petrovic, Bogdanovic
    • F: Stojakovic, Kukoc, Kirilenko
    • F: Nowitzki, Gasol, Porzingis
    • F: Sabonis, Jokic
    Kidd is half black. He doesn't count.

Luca already in the top ten is a joke. These guys and their hype is just too blatantly obvious.

Doncic a Joke

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Naes View Post
    Luca already in the top ten is a joke. These guys and their hype is just too blatantly obvious.
    My top twenty is based on what I see and have seen.

You can find all sorts of top 50, top 74, top 100 lists that robotically drone on about career stats, etc. That's their prerogative.

My prerogative is who were the most skilled guys, who were the guys who were best in their prime, who were the guys who were most innovative, who were the guys who were most artistic.

I lowered the values of guys who were very mechanical. They were good and had tremendous career stats, and, if that's your criterion, fine. It's not mine. I put guys like Stockton, Nash, McHale, Havlicek, a bunch others into this category. Lack of artistry, innovation compared to some of the others.

Doncic, barring injury, will have career stats that are better than all of the guys I just mentioned. In my mind, he is already a great player and does things that the mechanical types could never do. I don't feel like waiting twenty years to give him his due.
    Last edited by ortforshort; 05-16-2020 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Naes View Post
    Why is it a joke to put Luka in the top 10? Just going off ability, does he not deserve to be mentioned?

It’s bizarre to me that we talk about how it’s too soon to rank young players like Doncic when we routinely rate past players with little longevity.

Is it a joke to rank Petrovic on these lists? He started 150 games in the NBA. Luka has started 130. Bill Walton was a star for 3 seasons and 170 games.

Heck, Luka played 4 seasons in Europe and won the Euroleague MVP in 2018. So we have 6 seasons of his play to go off.

Quote Originally Posted by ortforshort View Post
    My top twenty is based on what I see and have seen.

You can find all sorts of top 50, top 74, top 100 lists that robotically drone on about career stats, etc. That's their prerogative.

My prerogative is who were the most skilled guys, who were the guys who were best in their prime, who were the guys who were most innovative, who were the guys who were most artistic.

I lowered the values of guys who were very mechanical. They were good and had tremendous career stats, and, if that's your criterion, fine. It's not mine. I put guys like Stockton, Nash, McHale, Havlicek, a bunch others into this category. Lack of artistry, innovation compared to some of the others.

Doncic, barring injury, will have career stats that are better than all of the guys I just mentioned. In my mind, he is already a great player and does things that the mechanical types could never do. I don't feel like waiting twenty years to give him his due.
    An odd inclusion for ‘mechanical’ player. Nash was one of the most innovative and unorthodox passers in league history. He routinely fired off no look, behind the back, around defenders while in mid air, etc. passes.

Ok

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    An odd inclusion for ‘mechanical’ player. Nash was one of the most innovative and unorthodox passers in league history. He routinely fired off no look, behind the back, around defenders while in mid air, etc. passes.
    Maybe I'm a little hard on Nash.
    I tend to lump him with Stockton.
    I kept looking at him as the next John Stockton and left it at that.

Nash was the most entertaining player in the league for years. Your not hard. You are just wrong. He a was free wheeling, fast paced, innovator. Didn’t play much D but fun as hell on O

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

lol Cousy, Maravich, Mikan, Williams should NOT be on the list

Nash is twice the playmaker Stockton was. They're really not that similar.

Old Timers

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    lol Cousy, Maravich, Mikan, Williams should NOT be on the list
    Cousy was a great innovator and for decades if anyone made a great pass in schoolyards, everybody would say "whoa Cousy". You won't find that just by looking at his stats - what do you base your disregard for his great reputation into the Seventies?

Mikan was considered Player of the Century thru the early Sixties. He totally innovated center play in his day. Why would you discount that?

Maravich averaged 44 points a game at LSU for his entire college career. He was also the most entertaining player in the NBA for years. Why is all that to be ignored?

Williams - I can't defend Williams other than I just loved watching him play, more than most of the other guys on the list. He was innovative and entertaining and highly skilled. Great to watch. Nobody agrees with me on Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    Nash is twice the playmaker Stockton was. They're really not that similar.
    I confess. I didn't go out of my way to watch Nash much. I saw him early, wasn't impressed, and assumed he was another Stockton and sort of dismissed him in my mind from then on. Sounds like I might be wrong about him.

No body used the skip pass the way they do now before Nash. LeBron is the best at it in the half court. Nash would fly down the floor, pick up his dribble, and throw 60 no look cross court pass hook pass the to a 3 point shooter. I really think he made plays guys didn’t looks for before to the NBA. Like Manu popularizing the Euro step

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast